U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:55 AM

494 posts, read 647,621 times

Advertisements

Sterling Park, a Loudoun County, Virginia community, is fed up with their neighborhood being trashed, according to ABC 7 News. Neighbors complain that an influx of illegal aliens, foreclosed homes, and crime are killing their quality of life.

You’ve got to see this one. These scenes are being repeated throughout the country.

Link. (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:08 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Sterling Park, a Loudoun County, Virginia community, is fed up with their neighborhood being trashed, according to ABC 7 News. Neighbors complain that an influx of illegal aliens, foreclosed homes, and crime are killing their quality of life.

You’ve got to see this one. These scenes are being repeated throughout the country.

Link. (http://unfreestate.com/2008/08/01/videos-abc-7-news/ - broken link)
Like as if somehow the laws cannot be followed unless the neighbors demand it. Sheesh.......there are laws against all of that stuff, especially the building codes where there are too many people in one house.

Just like the feds, they don't want to enforce their own laws, as if somehow THAT is the real crime. Disgusting. So, people have to actually DEMAND that their laws are followed - they should not have to. It should be a given that they are to be enforced.

We're becoming a lawless frontier again, and there is no good reason for it.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,998,488 times
haha, I like how the video zooms all the way in on one tiny piece of graffiti.

And btw, that kind of graffiti is NOT going to be done by illegal workers.

That is (a crappy version of) hip hop style graffiti, more than likely done by the local boys.

Its funny how they have to zoom in on that one tag all by itself on a huge wall, then cut to another crappy tag, done by the same tagger obviously, and try to insinuate that its because of the illegal presence.

And all those houses are run down because of the foreclosures. Not that it'd make a difference. When I went to the south, it looked all kinds of busted, and there werent any Mexicans around.

The video shows a bunch of stuff wrong with the town, but the locals talk about illegals. Typical. Small town news trying to sensationalize unkempt yards and one piece of graffiti.

And the person who runs the site needs to learn English.
Quote:
You’ve got to see this one; however, before it plays there are one short commercial.
This is America, dammit! Not Teea-Wanna!

Old 08-01-2008, 02:04 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
I am very familiar with Sterling, and can attest to the transformation due to illegal immigration. It doesn't even look like the same place. I used to frequent a Chinese restaurant there. Needless to say, I would now be afraid to even get out of my car. Illegal aliens have run the decent citizens out of that area; just as they have forced people out of areas nationwide.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:07 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,966,347 times
Graffeti is prevelent thruout the country. It is not limited to "Illegals" per se. The nature of the graffiti is recognized by the spelling (upper/lower) case letters and whether its in English/Spanish. Evidence is a childs spelling or a teen shooting off his mouth on drugs/gang affilliation. They are quick to DEFACE someone else property but I wonder how they would like me to spray paint the wall on their mothers house.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,091,449 times
you should see what illegals did to manassas.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Graffeti is prevelent thruout the country. It is not limited to "Illegals" per se. The nature of the graffiti is recognized by the spelling (upper/lower) case letters and whether its in English/Spanish. Evidence is a childs spelling or a teen shooting off his mouth on drugs/gang affilliation. They are quick to DEFACE someone else property but I wonder how they would like me to spray paint the wall on their mothers house.
Most graffiti in the country is not done by gangmembers, and even that is mostly done by Americans.
A LARGE percentage of graffiti is done by middle class White Americans.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 PM

595 posts, read 2,486,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Most graffiti in the country is not done by gangmembers, and even that is mostly done by Americans.
A LARGE percentage of graffiti is done by middle class White Americans.
Yea OK. The town I live in is still a middle class, majority white neighborhood, and I barely EVER see graffiti. And the times I do see it they are of wanna be gangstas who scribble the Latin King crown on the park benches and sidewalks.

Yet, when you go to the town next door, which used to be an average, Italian neighborhood, you see graffiti everywhere.

Don't you tell me that the majority of this graffiti is from middle class, white people, because it isn't.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Yea OK. The town I live in is still a middle class, majority white neighborhood, and I barely EVER see graffiti. And the times I do see it they are of wanna be gangstas who scribble the Latin King crown on the park benches and sidewalks.

Yet, when you go to the town next door, which used to be an average, Italian neighborhood, you see graffiti everywhere.

Don't you tell me that the majority of this graffiti is from middle class, white people, because it isn't.
True story.

non-gang graffiti(the majority of graffit out there) originated with Hip Hop culture, which was popular among inner city Black and Latino kids.

Like everything else, it became VERY popular with white suburban youth. \

Old 08-01-2008, 04:55 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,796,018 times
Actually things didn't look too bad. However, wait until those foreclosed homes are rented by the room - each room will have a family.

Yep code enforcement will back down in fear of being called 'racist' - happens most places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or