U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Yeah, that one made my ignore list early on, reason : quagmire of nonsense.

Stupid people are not only dangerous, but I have concern they are contagious too. Disinfectant seems to help.
It's nice to know somebody always has a can of troll spray handy. Thanks for sharing R6!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2008, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
They are horrible and should be dealt with but you have citizen's who do this also.
And those citizens are punished as well. We do not give them a pass because they are just here to find work or because some ACLU attorney paints them to be the victims. Why on earth should we import more criminals? We manufacture enough American thugs. I do not understand your point at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2008, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,223 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Reputation: 66983
Having lived in a border town (never again), I can tell you that this kind of crime (as well as drinking and driving) seems to be more prevalent amongst certain populations.

See the migrant worker toiling in the fields. See his shift ending. See him hit the nearest store for a case of beer...see the mothers bringing 15 year old girls for free medical care (courtesy of the tax payer) to figure out why she hasn't gotten pregnant yet...see the uninsured hit-and-run driver take off...run, hit-and-run driver, run!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Reputation: 5685
[quote=eastidahomom;5328175]Well, I'm sure not going to fight with you guys so this will be my only post on this subject.

I couldn't agree more that these two guys need to be strung up by their testicles. That much goes without saying. There is no reason whatsoever to do what they did and the price that they pay should be steep.

My argument comes in when people make it sound like they do this because they are illegal immigrants. From the sounds of this thread, one would think no born and raised (legal) American had ever committed such a crime. Take a good look at the Shasta and Dylan Groene case just to name one example.

I for one, am outraged regardless of who commits a crime against any innocent. I don't care what nationality he/she is or where he/she is from. A heinous crime is a heinous crime. But it isn't just the illegals.

This thread wreaks of hate mongers. It doesn't sound to me that you care about the victim. It sounds more as if you hate the fact that an illegal immigrant did the wrongdoing and that is the primary concern.

That's my two cents for what it's worth.[/QUOTe

Annnnnd again, I repeat: Why do we want to import more criminals? No one person on this board has said that American criminals get a pass because they are citizens. Illegals here illegally that commit these horrible crimes would do the same in Mexico. We simply want them to go home, stay home and do their dirty deeds there. One American teen's life could be saved if one "criminal" illegal stays across that border. The fact that they sneak over here and killed somebody's child is outrageous. I can't believe you would defend them and put them all in the same boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
They are horrible and should be dealt with but you have citizen's who do this also.
whats the point.........................both are horrible and both will be dealt with....................only one will be dealt with and THEN KICKED OUT OF THE COUNTRY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 PM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Yeah, that one made my ignore list early on, reason : quagmire of nonsense.

Stupid people are not only dangerous, but I have concern they are contagious too. Disinfectant seems to help.
welp I just love the ignore button for trolls..............good by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Idaho
873 posts, read 1,415,829 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Annnnnd again, I repeat: Why do we want to import more criminals?
Obviously we don't want to import criminals, duh. However, it's wrong to assume that all immigrants are criminals just as it is wrong to assume that all Americans are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
Obviously we don't want to import criminals, duh. However, it's wrong to assume that all immigrants are criminals just as it is wrong to assume that all Americans are not.
I will not assume that legal immigrants are criminals but you have to admit that ALL illegal immigrants are. That is what that word means you know, the "illegal" part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Idaho
873 posts, read 1,415,829 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I will not assume that legal immigrants are criminals but you have to admit that ALL illegal immigrants are. That is what that word means you know, the "illegal" part.
I'm just guessing that you have probably never shoplifted, never gone over the speed limit, never run a red light, never ever done anything wrong in your whole life have you? Because Lord knows some of us are totally honest and therefore, can easily point at others. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
I'm just guessing that you have probably never shoplifted, never gone over the speed limit, never run a red light, never ever done anything wrong in your whole life have you? Because Lord knows some of us are totally honest and therefore, can easily point at others. Right?
Remember that if caught/deported a second time----------we are now discussing a Felony. Then there is ID theft.............also a Felony.

Factoring in the millions of illegal immigrant lawbreakers and we have a huge problem. Face it: once a few laws are broken-----------there tends to be much less respect for the additional ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top