U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:29 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,707,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
So you've never gone over the speed limit? Herein lies a (lie for one) true candidate for sainthood. I'm proud of you!
I didn't say I've never gone over the speed limit. I said I don't drive over the speed limit. I did when I first began driving, however, I was a kid. I learned my lesson after my one and only ticket at age 17.

The people coming over here and breaking our laws are not children. They're adults, and just like the rest of us who actually do obey the laws, they should know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 09:31 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,646,402 times
mexico has become rampant with violence. we are the overflow. that part about sr. y sra ozzie and harriett nelson crossing over for a better life in los estados unidos? forget that.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:38 PM

873 posts, read 1,418,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Why are you implicitly defending the illegals?

As you may be aware: our economy is tanking and we do not owe the illegal immigrants zip so they need to go home post haste.
If I thought you really wanted to know and weren't here just to argue and criticize them, I'd probably tell you. But all I've seen here is hatred for Hispanics. I don't believe for a minute that it has anything to do with legal or illegal. There is bigotry all over this thread. I don't believe it has anything to do with the killing and raping of a teenage girl. As far as I can see, there are a lot of people here posting a lot of hateful messages. If it has to do with the killing and raping of a teenage girl, why aren't you posting about a million other similar situations about American killers?

This is one of those fear mongering threads that is used as an excuse to try to get other's to hate.

My family isn't from Mexico, but as a third generation American, I can tell you that it can be very difficult in some countries to gain citizenship in America. Some of those countries are pretty scary places to be and I'm not surprised that many try to cross the border. I would too if I were in their shoes. You probably would too.

I don't want the illegal rapists and murderers here anymore then you do. But some are bound to get in. Don't try to confuse them with all illegals because it won't work and only contributes to more hate. There is enough hate in the world (Yes, America too) without trying to fuel anyone's fire.

People fear for their lives in many parts of Mexico. The Mexican government makes it very difficult for people to gain American Citizenship. It's very expensive as well and as I'm sure you are aware, a lot of Hispanics in Mexico are dirt poor.

I know of a young (22 years old) man who was on his way to school (college student studying to be a teacher), who was kidnapped last summer and they haven't seen him since. Now that happens here too. But, it's virtually and every day event in parts of Mexico. The family recognizes that as with most, he was probably brutally tortured and they pray to God he is dead now. They recognize they may never know what happened to him unless someone finds his head. This has become common occurrence in Mexico. I mean very common. Families fear for their children. Farms are stolen after the farmers are beaten severely and robbed. The farmer is left with nothing except a battered and bruised body, if he is alive.

What we take for granted, is luxury to them. Like refrigerators and stoves, windows. Yes, windows! Have you ever been to the poor parts of Mexico? The way of life for many is essentially what we have camping out. The food that we chuck in the garbage daily, would be a full meal. Many rarely eat meat because they can't afford it.

We don't have any idea. We're spoiled Americans. Could you live like that? And I will tell you now, that if I feared for my kids life as they do daily, I would crawl to another country to get them out of there, legal or not.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,708,006 times
Quote:
If I thought you really wanted to know and weren't here just to argue and criticize them, I'd probably tell you. But all I've seen here is hatred for Hispanics. I don't believe for a minute that it has anything to do with legal or illegal. There is bigotry all over this thread. I don't believe it has anything to do with the killing and raping of a teenage girl. As far as I can see, there are a lot of people here posting a lot of hateful messages. If it has to do with the killing and raping of a teenage girl, why aren't you posting about a million other similar situations about American killers?

This is one of those fear mongering threads that is used as an excuse to try to get other's to hate.

My family isn't from Mexico, but as a third generation American, I can tell you that it can be very difficult in some countries to gain citizenship in America. Some of those countries are pretty scary places to be and I'm not surprised that many try to cross the border. I would too if I were in their shoes. You probably would too.

I don't want the illegal rapists and murderers here anymore then you do. But some are bound to get in. Don't try to confuse them with all illegals because it won't work and only contributes to more hate. There is enough hate in the world (Yes, America too) without trying to fuel anyone's fire.

People fear for their lives in many parts of Mexico. The Mexican government makes it very difficult for people to gain American Citizenship. It's very expensive as well and as I'm sure you are aware, a lot of Hispanics in Mexico are dirt poor.

I know of a young (22 years old) man who was on his way to school (college student studying to be a teacher), who was kidnapped last summer and they haven't seen him since. Now that happens here too. But, it's virtually and every day event in parts of Mexico. The family recognizes that as with most, he was probably brutally tortured and they pray to God he is dead now. They recognize they may never know what happened to him unless someone finds his head. This has become common occurrence in Mexico. I mean very common. Families fear for their children. Farms are stolen after the farmers are beaten severely and robbed. The farmer is left with nothing except a battered and bruised body, if he is alive.

What we take for granted, is luxury to them. Like refrigerators and stoves, windows. Yes, windows! Have you ever been to the poor parts of Mexico? The way of life for many is essentially what we have camping out. The food that we chuck in the garbage daily, would be a full meal. Many rarely eat meat because they can't afford it.

We don't have any idea. We're spoiled Americans. I could never live like that. And I will tell you now, that if I feared for my kids life as they do daily, I would crawl to another country to get them out of there, legal or not.
Ah yes; the 'race card'.

Try again: all of us anti illegal folks on this board want all of the illegal immigrants out---------------no matter what their DNA says.

The reality though is that about 85% of the illegals here in the USA are some variety of Latino due to being from either Mexico or Central America.............remember though that Hispanic/Latino is not a race.

As for the downtrodden Mexicans: it is past time that the Indian/Mestizo ones start demanding their rights from their (mostly) White masters-----who are just as 'Mexican' in the legal sense.

Remember that Mexico's per capita income is almost $13K a year-------------the same as (97% White) Argentina yet the latter Hispanic nation seems to have a much larger Middle Class.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:50 PM

608 posts, read 793,576 times
Quote:

We don't have any idea. We're spoiled Americans. Could you live like that? And I will tell you now, that if I feared for my kids life as they do daily, I would crawl to another country to get them out of there, legal or not.
I only want to know that if things are this bad in Mexico, then why don't the citizens of that nation rise up against the status quo? Obviously, entering into another nation in INCREADABLY large numbers, taking jobs and government funding from the citizizens of that nation, and refusing to pledge alleigence to their new home country won't endear them to the majority of their new neighbors.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Do your research before judging. It's pretty clear that it is a race issue.

What I haven't seen yet, is anyone hollering about any illegal Germans, Swedes etc., who kill.

I'd quote a line from Forrest Gump, but you catch my drift.

Have a great night all.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I only want to know that if things are this bad in Mexico, then why don't the citizens of that nation rise up against the status quo? Obviously, entering into another nation in INCREADABLY large numbers, taking jobs and government funding from the citizizens of that nation, and refusing to pledge alleigence to their new home country won't endear them to the majority of their new neighbors.
How many drug lords would you "rise up" against?

Have a nice night.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Do your research before judging. It's pretty clear that it is a race issue.

What I haven't seen yet, is anyone hollering about any illegal Germans, Swedes etc., who kill.

I'd quote a line from Forrest Gump, but you catch my drift.

Have a great night all.
Repeat after me: there is NO Hispanic 'race'----------Latinos run the gamut from Black to Nordic White. It is a political label only.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
How many drug lords would you "rise up" against?

Have a nice night.
Maybe those illegals who flee Mexico need to be forced back home so they can fight------------Mexico ain't Nazi Germany or even Communist Cuba class when it comes to oppression.

Face it: the party is over for the illegals and their enablers.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:45 PM

608 posts, read 793,576 times
Quote:
People like you scare me.
Why does AZbear's statement bother you? Let's face the facts, this nation stood against Hitler, Tojo, and the British Empire twice to ensure its sovreignty and the security of it's citizens. In fact as history recalls, the US even had conflict with its own on numerous occasions (Civil War, Civil Rights movement, etc) to ensure the betterment of its future. Are you suggesting that the common people of Mexico aren't capable of similar action? The US is tired of giving our unwanted illegal guests a free ride. If the illegals truely wish to enhance their futures they need to quit attempting to bring on massive change into our way of life and instead protest the issues that pertain to them in their home countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or