U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 05:54 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

Cadena was driving on a suspended license obtained without a valid U.S. Social Security number, state and Lake County records show.

He was charged in 2001 with misdemeanor operating while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license, Lake Criminal Court records show. The OWI later was amended to a count of reckless driving, to which Cadena pleaded guilty, court records show.

Cadena was charged again in 2003 with misdemeanor drunken driving, OWI with a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.15 or more and unsafe lane movement, Lake Criminal Court records show. The OWI and unsafe lane movement charges were dismissed by Lake County prosecutors in return for a guilty plea to operating while intoxicated with a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.15 or more.

Coroner confirms crash culprit's drunkenness / nwi.com (http://www.nwi.com/articles/2008/07/31/news/top_news/doc497f14448464bb65862574970001538b.txt - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Doing the jobs that Americans won't do? I would penalize his employer not only for giving an illegal work, but also for failing to conduct a proper background check. I would have the judge who allowed a plea bargain and failed to have him deported federally investigated. As luck would have it, the selfish loser killed himself but in the process managed to take out three citizens who were on their way home from work in two different cars.

Stop the nonsense! Deportation for 1st offense DUI illegals!!! What is wrong with this picture?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Doing the jobs that Americans won't do? I would penalize his employer not only for giving an illegal work, but also for failing to conduct a proper background check. I would have the judge who allowed a plea bargain and failed to have him deported federally investigated. As luck would have it, the selfish loser killed himself but in the process managed to take out three citizens who were on their way home from work in two different cars.

Stop the nonsense! Deportation for 1st offense DUI illegals!!! What is wrong with this picture?
Only Americans are often times railroaded and always punished to the fullest extent of the law. Only illegals get a free pass.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:41 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Thousands of innocent lives could have been spared had our government deported them after the first offense. There is no excuse for drunk driving, whether a legal citizen or an illegal alien. Does our government actually believe a slap on the wrist is a deterrent?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thousands of innocent lives could have been spared had our government deported them after the first offense. There is no excuse for drunk driving, whether a legal citizen or an illegal alien. Does our government actually believe a slap on the wrist is a deterrent?
ITA. For the illegals in this country it seems to be a culturally embedded normalcy to drive around drunk, without a license and open liquor in the vehicle.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:17 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ITA. For the illegals in this country it seems to be a culturally embedded normalcy to drive around drunk, without a license and open liquor in the vehicle.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Illegals have their own defined culture? Where do I go to get some "Illegal" Food, or "Illegal" pottery, I wonder where I can get a history book on the "illegal" culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or