U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-02-2008, 12:52 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 6,970,781 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I've viewed those websites before and no matter how many times I read the information, I am still paralyzed at the thought of how easily they can spread and be undetected until it's too late. Look how long it to the FDA to admit the source of salmonella poisoning. I honestly believe they would hide the truth to cover their butts out of fear of our reaction. Because everything is about saving their own behinds.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-02-2008, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,641 posts, read 2,970,676 times
Reputation: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I've viewed those websites before and no matter how many times I read the information, I am still paralyzed at the thought of how easily they can spread and be undetected until it's too late. Look how long it to the FDA to admit the source of salmonella poisoning. I honestly believe they would hide the truth to cover their butts out of fear of our reaction. Because everything is about saving their own behinds.
I think that is why it took the FDA so long to admit it was Mexico because as a rule they hide most everything if they can when it has to do with that country.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2008, 01:16 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 6,970,781 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I think that is why it took the FDA so long to admit it was Mexico because as a rule they hide most everything if they can when it has to do with that country.
Absolutely. They are so afraid of offending Mexico. I really can't grasp that concept. I know that the Bush family's debt to Mexico (drug connections and for helping rig the election) goes back 3 generations. I've posted this before but in case you missed it:

Quote:
Research assistance by Victor Almazán and Ana Leonor Rojo
Quote:

Those who say that George W. Bush has scant knowledge of foreign affairs don’t understand his family’s relationship with Mexico.
If one event could be said to make that relationship visible, it had to be the state dinner given eleven years ago by President Bush for Mexico’s president, Carlos Salinas. It was an elegant yet boisterous gala, where the biggest movers and shakers in Texas and Mexico congregated and celebrated. This group was to become W’s Mexican legacy, a gift of ties and connections passed on from the father to his son.

http://www.elandar.com/bush/amigos.html



It's quite the eye opener and very insightful.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2008, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 9,970,967 times
Reputation: 2981
It is not rocket science. Common sense dictates that if we have millions of people illegally entering our country from third-world nations, we are exposing ourselves to a multitude of formerly eradicated diseases. If for no other reason, our government should close our borders.

It’s frightening to think of people preparing food in our restaurants and working in poultry plants, without proper medical screening. Of course, our government only inspects less than one percent of our imported food; so clearly they have no concern for our safety.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2008, 01:45 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 6,970,781 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is not rocket science. Common sense dictates that if we have millions of people illegally entering our country from third-world nations, we are exposing ourselves to a multitude of formerly eradicated diseases. If for no other reason, our government should close our borders.

It’s frightening to think of people preparing food in our restaurants and working in poultry plants, without proper medical screening. Of course, our government only inspects less than one percent of our imported food; so clearly they have no concern for our safety.
Once again, I agree. If the corrupt and greedy are going play russian roulet and hire illegal aliens, they need to hire someone to follow them during bathroom breaks to make sure they wash their hands afterwards. I haven't had fresh veggies in a long time and I really miss them and settle for frozen ones. Now that I know that only a very small percent of our food is inspected the possibility of catching some lethal 3rd world disease scares the hell out of me.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top