U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:35 PM

254 posts, read 286,412 times

Advertisements

my point is, your ancestors had their chance now let others have theirs. After your ancestors reaped all the benefits now you want to close the borders. How selfish? "Barbj" your ancestors came here without visas and they were given land, "free land", I'll bet they also got a couple of slaves too, "free labor", Did you say they broke no laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 06:50 PM

"trimt7" all the benefits you mentioned are all there to help the poor not illegal immigrants. The majority of the people who use these programs are white and poor. "welfare", "WIC", etc. are used by many American born citizens. You guys are living in a vacuum, please get up from that computer and see the world, at least visit other states and expand your views, they are so limited.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:07 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,265,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
my point is, your ancestors had their chance now let others have theirs. After your ancestors reaped all the benefits now you want to close the borders. How selfish? "Barbj" your ancestors came here without visas and they were given land, "free land", I'll bet they also got a couple of slaves too, "free labor", Did you say they broke no laws
WE ARE NOT A NEW COUNTRY IN THE PROCESS OF BEING COLONIZED!!!!

HELLO! Anyone out there get it? We are an established nation - a nation with Sovereignty - a nation of LAWS and we are not inviting people to come COLONIZE a new country as our forefathers did in 1700.

As far as slavery - have you NO CLUE?????? The undocumented citizens who are coming here are asking to be INDENTURED SLAVES!!!! They are doing so WILLINGLY!!!! They are putting themselves in the position of having NO RIGHTS in our court system and they know that the only LEGAL thing we can do here is DEPORT THEM!!!! They KNOW they are breaking the law!

People - get a grip. This is not 1700. These people are coming here knowing what the rules are. They choose to do so anyway. They are putting a strain on our social system. This is not hard!!!! They are not citizens of the USA and we are not the "dumping basin" for Mexico's social problems!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:08 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,965,630 times
Quote:
"trimt7" all the benefits you mentioned are all there to help the poor not illegal immigrants. The majority of the people who use these programs are white and poor. "welfare", "WIC", etc. are used by many American born citizens. You guys are living in a vacuum, please get up from that computer and see the world, at least visit other states and expand your views, they are so limited.
The "majority" of the people who use those programs are white and poor because the "majority" is white. I had to point out "proportionality" to another poster on another thread sometime ago, and I hope that I don't have to explain it AGAIN, because it's really not a hard concept.

But you're missing the point. If "everyone else" here legally didn't have to PAY for illegals coming here to "get their chance," most people wouldn't care. But we HAVE TO now, because in case you haven't noticed, it's not 1897 anymore.

And I don't CARE how many American born citizens use WIC. Why is it so hard to understand that you can take care of your OWN without having to take care of everyone else. What if you had a grown child that came home and leeched off of you. How would you feel if your neighbor sent HIS grown son to live with you and support? Aren't you entitled to complain about having to support the neighbor's loser son, even if you had your own loser son to take care of?

The PROBLEM with social programs like WIC and foodtstamps is that many will run to the United States, drop a kid or two, and suddenly be eligible for benefits THAT WERE NEVER AFFORDED TO IMMIGRANTS COMING PRE-NEW DEAL SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAMS!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:09 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,265,344 times
Quote:
You are wrong about the majority of people using social programs being white and poor. Both white and black people take advantage of the entitlement programs we have in this country, and indeed, so do illegal immigrants who have children and then qualify for entitlement programs, including free education for their children.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:25 PM

"trimt7", you need to explain that "proportionality" concept to yourself and "Anfani821" because you see, if you get rid of these social programs the people who will suffer are the majority whites that you speak of, not those "Illegals". "Anifani821" maybe "trimt7" can explain it to you. While it is true that blacks and whites use these programs, but the majority of people who benefit from them are white and poor, so I am not wrong. "trimt7" can you explain to him please, "because its really not a hard concept"

Old 08-02-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
"trimt7", you need to explain that "proportionality" concept to yourself and "Anfani821" because you see, if you get rid of these social programs the people who will suffer are the majority whites that you speak of, not those "Illegals". "Anifani821" maybe "trimt7" can explain it to you. While it is true that blacks and whites use these programs, but the majority of people who benefit from them are white and poor, so I am not wrong. "trimt7" can you explain to him please, "because its really not a hard concept"

You're missing the point by a mile, which seems to be an epidemic around here.

The point is not to get rid of social programs.

The point is that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SOCIAL PROGRAMS MEANT FOR AMERICANS. In other words, they are overtaxing the system, when they shouldn't even be here in the first place.

One way to reduce illegal immigration would be to remove all loopholes that make it "pay" (literally) to come to America to drop a kid or two.

For all your carping about immigrants of old, THEY did not have government assistance to live here! So trade it out - either fling open the borders (and necessarily get rid of social welfare programs), or CONTROL the borders (and in the process, control who gets access to social programs).

Me? I favor the latter.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:37 PM

"trimt7", no I wouldn't mind helping out my son who is in need until he can get on his feet, and I wouldn't mind helping out my neighbor either, help him until he can take care of himself. I'll bet you guys see yourselves as God fearing, probably very religious and you have problems with helping other people. The word HYPOCRITE comes to mind

Old 08-02-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
"trimt7", no I wouldn't mind helping out my son who is in need until he can get on his feet, and I wouldn't mind helping out my neighbor either, help him until he can take care of himself. I'll bet you guys see yourselves as God fearing, probably very religious and you have problems with helping other people. The word HYPOCRITE comes to mind
Don't assume so much. I don't even think I believe in God, to be honest. More of an agnostic, questioning type. I don't need fear of Hell to make me help people or "be good."

But tell ya what, why don't I come over to your house tomorrow? Give me your address, I'll bring my stuff, and live for free in your house. I'm not asking permission. Just give me your address and I'll show up. In return, I'll do some work around the house. I only have a cat. In a couple months I'll bring my brothers to live in your house to. They can do some work for you to.

If you're not willing to let me come live in your house without your permission, then ask yourself why you're so willing to let the "nation" house unwelcomed visitors without permission?

Old 08-02-2008, 07:43 PM

"trimt7", Didn't you read the post by "barbj" about how her ancestors of old were given "free Land" I would say that qualifies as "government assistance"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or