U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 08:01 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,810,718 times

Advertisements

An overview of crimes provided by ICE shows that a quarter of those being processed for deportation in Wake County came into the jail on charges of driving while impaired. The next-largest category was misdemeanor and felony assault, making up 21 percent. Traffic offenses, such as driving without a license or with a revoked license, made up 20 percent of the deportations.

Five people came in on murder charges, and their deportations won't happen until the five have finished their prison sentences in the event they're convicted in the homicides.

WHAT'S NEXT: Other North Carolina sheriffs are looking to expand the jail program or bring similar programs to the remaining counties with money given to the N.C. Sheriffs' Association by the General Assembly. The American Civil Liberties Union and other advocacy groups indicated that they'll continue to monitor how the program is working in Wake and other counties.

Once the program is further along in Wake County, Harrison plans to have his specially trained deputies look at the immigration status of the entire jail population, not just the recent arrivals who have been the focus for the past two weeks.

newsobserver.com | Deportation wheels rolling for inmates (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1162492.html#MI_Comments_Link - broken link)

The number of illegal alien drunk drivers in this country is astounding. What a sad, dysfunctional culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 10:28 AM

35,886 posts, read 64,548,544 times
I hope this becomes a trend and not just a one-time event. We have had people killed here in Charlotte b/c of drunk illegals on our roads. It is becoming a problem all over the USA - just google the subject.

There are around 20 M illegals in this country. I don't care how nice they are - they are here ILLEGALLY and my tax dollars are supporting their trips to the ER and the food stamps they get for their anchor babies. This is not a humanitarian issue - this is a matter of infrastructure and rule of law.

If Mexico can't take of its citizens - why is that our problem?????

Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,649,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I hope this becomes a trend and not just a one-time event. We have had people killed here in Charlotte b/c of drunk illegals on our roads. It is becoming a problem all over the USA - just google the subject.

There are around 20 M illegals in this country. I don't care how nice they are - they are here ILLEGALLY and my tax dollars are supporting their trips to the ER and the food stamps they get for their anchor babies. This is not a humanitarian issue - this is a matter of infrastructure and rule of law.

If Mexico can't take of its citizens - why is that our problem?????
ITA! I am sick of our country being used as a safety valve by the Mexican government. They have essentially rid themselves of their underclass, and a large percentage of their violent criminals. We are not responsible for offering benefits and services to citizens of Mexico simply because their country refuses to provide them.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ITA! I am sick of our country being used as a safety valve by the Mexican government. They have essentially rid themselves of their underclass, and a large percentage of their violent criminals. We are not responsible for offering benefits and services to citizens of Mexico simply because their country refuses to provide them.
Safety valve- nice way to express it. I am baffled, and I truly mean that - as to why our congress is totally unwilling to address our border issues when it is evident that the majority of our CITIZENS want the illegal entry into this country STOPPED - and stopped NOW. What is the deal? Why are we supposed to take care of Mexico's social problems????? I truly do NOT understand!

Old 08-02-2008, 11:30 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,649,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Safety valve- nice way to express it. I am baffled, and I truly mean that - as to why our congress is totally unwilling to address our border issues when it is evident that the majority of our CITIZENS want the illegal entry into this country STOPPED - and stopped NOW. What is the deal? Why are we supposed to take care of Mexico's social problems????? I truly do NOT understand!
Itís all in preparation for the NAU. They refuse to secure our borders, because they want no borders. There is no other explanation for a country to continue to permit open borders post 9/11. One would expect to see our National Guard in full force to protect us from another terrorist attack. I can only imagine how grateful our enemies are.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Itís all in preparation for the NAU. They refuse to secure our borders, because they want no borders. There is no other explanation for a country to continue to permit open borders post 9/11. One would expect to see our National Guard in full force to protect us from another terrorist attack. I can only imagine how grateful our enemies are.
That is exactly what I have been thinking. Well, then I say let's just go invade Mexico and take it over, since our American Dollars are flooding down there daily. We are funding that government already. The USA is taking care of all of Mexico's social problems - can't see it being a drain on our economy if we just colonize them and make them all citizens.

Then we can all go down and buy second homes along the Mexican Riviera.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,810,718 times
Quote:

So am I. You have to wonder how much further the economy has to sink before they understand that no amount of "free trade" is worth the cost of American lives or bankrupting the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or