Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
They should be very afraid and as things get worse for us, the pain will continue to increase for them. So much so, Mexico may not look so bad to them after all.
Prophetic I suspect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Prophetic I suspect
Here's hoping it comes to fruition.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:49 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times
Quote:
*yawns* . . . . . . . .Nice way to avoid the topic. . .
Wrong AGAIN. It's not the topic I'm avoiding.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Wrong AGAIN. It's not the topic I'm avoiding.
Congratulations So since you are NOT avoiding the topic then I'm sure you won't mind explaining why you feel that $37 million in one month in welfare payments to illegal aliens is not a huge part of California's financial woes.

Quote:
Illegal Aliens Receive $37 Million From County In November
Quote:

Written by Carol Rock
Saturday, 05 January 2008
Welfare and food stamp benefits soar $3 million higher than September payout.

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected over $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in November 2007 – up $3 million dollars from September, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $20 million in welfare assistance for November 2007 and over $16 million in monthly food stamp allocations for a projected annual cost of $444 million.

“This new information shows an alarming increase in the devastating impact Illegal immigration continues to have on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “With $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $444 million in welfare allocations, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year – not including the millions of dollars for education.

http://www.hometownstation.com/illeg...-05-10-23.html (broken link)

Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 AM

I can agree with that tinman. I never said they didn't contribute to the problem but they are NOT solely responsible by any means. Placing blame on illegals for the bad decisions of U.S. Citizens doesn't get anyone anywhere and it just creates hostility. These type of threads just fuel misinformation and hostility towards Mexicans (illegal/legal). Placing blame is easier than providing a solution.

To answer your "who cares" comment - apparently, someone else on this thread cared enough to bring up the fact that American taxpayers are paying for California's ills... so, that is the person who cares.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Congratulations So since you are NOT avoiding the topic then I'm sure you won't mind explaining why you feel that $37 million in one month in welfare payments to illegal aliens is not a huge part of California's financial woes.
I'll answer that - because welfare payments are a federal program not a state program.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:21 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Actually the state of CA has many welfare programs funded by the state coffers. Health insurance programs, food assistance, housing, etc. Just google it and see the goodies you can receive.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I'll answer that - because welfare payments are a federal program not a state program.
Each state is allocated funds from the federal government. While the guidelines and funding are partially federally sponsored, allocation of the funding to recipients is up to the states. Therefore, the Governor of California is responsible for the amount doled out to illegal aliens.

So again, please explain why illegal aliens receiving welfare are not a detriment to the budget of California and its taxpayers. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-04-2008 at 11:04 AM..

Old 08-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Actually the state of CA has many welfare programs funded by the state coffers. Health insurance programs, food assistance, housing, etc. Just google it and see the goodies you can receive.
That applies to the children of California (who are often born on U.S. soil, hence U.S. Citizens). It is my understanding that an adult illegal alien does not qualify for state or federal aid but their children do.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
That applies to the children of California (who are often born on U.S. soil, hence U.S. Citizens). It is my understanding that an adult illegal alien does not qualify for state or federal aid but their children do.
That only explains the benefits that the anchors are entitled to. The children, however, cannot cash or spend the proceeds from the check, the illegal alien parents are the recipients and spenders of that money as they consider it their reward for having babies on US soil.

Additionally, illegal aliens cannot be turned away from hospital emergency rooms. Another state budget buster that has resulted in a multitude of hospital closings in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration