Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:46 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,320 times

Advertisements

Get out your hankies -- apparently, it's America's fault that children were upset when their illegal alien work thief parents were arrested.

The Children of Iowa ICE Raids - NAM

Sonia Melendrez, 28, the mother of Jairo and Aldo, expects to be deported to Guatemala once she goes to court, and is trying to figure out how to send her kids back home ahead of her. "My boys will have to leave behind their dream [they had started a band]," she says. "That's what fills me with the most regret."

The story of Grupo Sin Fronteras [the boys' band] is one example among many of young lives that unraveled in the aftermath of the Postville raid, in which scores of armed agents, with helicopter backup, arrested nearly 400 undocumented workers at the local Agriprocessors meatpacking plant.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:53 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,087,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Get out your hankies -- apparently, it's America's fault that children were upset when their illegal alien work thief parents were arrested.

Sonia Melendrez, 28, the mother of Jairo and Aldo, expects to be deported to Guatemala once she goes to court, and is trying to figure out how to send her kids back home ahead of her. "My boys will have to leave behind their dream [they had started a band]," she says. "That's what fills me with the most regret."

The story of Grupo Sin Fronteras [the boys' band] is one example among many of young lives that unraveled in the aftermath of the Postville raid, in which scores of armed agents, with helicopter backup, arrested nearly 400 undocumented workers at the local Agriprocessors meatpacking plant.
Uh, what is she saying? That she regrets now that she came here illegally? Yeah, well she was not regretting it until she got caught, evidently.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:54 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,987,670 times
Quote:

The parents should have either practiced abstinence or at least effective birth control (sterilization works). Harsh to say but; we (the USA) owe those lawbreakers nothing more than 3 hots and a cot--------behind barbed wire.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:01 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,583,237 times
OMG, the HUMANITY!!! (sob, sob) Another blatant attempt to generate sympathy for criminals. Where's the sympathy for the American workers these scabs replaced? Meat processors were paying $18 an hour plus benefits before the illegal invasion, and they were paying it to legal workers of ALL ethnicities.

The only thing I can say is that American citizens and legal immigrants had better wake up to this crap before we're ALL working for minimum wage!

Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,489,709 times
Quote:
In tiny Postville, the world has turned upside down for hundreds of children and teenagers who once led relatively normal lives — attending church and school, speaking two languages, playing sports.

The change came suddenly, in the course of a single day.
Fortunately, they're bilingual and will fit in nicely in their homeland. Children of U.S. citizens arrested for crimes have their worlds turned upside down on a daily basis. That's the unfortunate reality of being the child of a criminal.

There should be enough tissue in this box for all of us to share. Boo Hoo!

Old 08-02-2008, 12:18 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,456,253 times
Quote:

What? They can't start a band in Guatemala? I can think of few things that cross borders more freely than music. Their band (Grupo Sin Fronteras) clearly has a hispanic flavor. Meeting and working with Guatemalan musicians may help them further develop their talents.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Fortunately, they're bilingual and will fit in nicely in their homeland. Children of U.S. citizens arrested for crimes have their worlds turned upside down on a daily basis. That's the unfortunate reality of being the child of a criminal.

There should be enough tissue in this box for all of us to share. Boo Hoo!
Pass the kleenex so I can blow my nose.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,655,470 times
Quote:

I feel sorry for the children but they never should have been brought here to begin with. I am for amnesty and perhaps they can apply for it later on but this sneaking in has got to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What? They can't start a band in Guatemala? I can think of few things that cross borders more freely than music. Their band (Grupo Sin Fronteras) clearly has a hispanic flavor. Meeting and working with Guatemalan musicians may help them further develop their talents.
Good point. Well, the whole thing is - the mother put them in a position that now she is having to answer for. She is just upset b/c she knows her kids are gonna be pissed at her for not following the rules. Or maybe they will all just play the victim card and blame the rest of us who are here legally . . .

8,577 posts, read 7,790,221 times
we will reunite the children with the parents. anyone got a catapult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration