U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,175,036 times

Advertisements

We were in a traffic jam this past week listening to a talk show and there was something mentioned about non-criminal illegals. I think they were talking about the illegals that do not steal and are not in gangs. My husband and I just looked at each other and shook our heads while smiling. There is no such thing as a non-criminal illegal. The fact that they are illegal makes them a criminal.

One of the callers to the station mentioned a person he knew about that had to do business on a cash basis because he was illegal. He was singing his praises because he had made himself rich. My husband said, "He is not a businessman, he is a criminal that is stealing from us because he pays no taxes on those cash only deals."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 08:14 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,392,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We were in a traffic jam this past week listening to a talk show and there was something mentioned about non-criminal illegals. I think they were talking about the illegals that do not steal and are not in gangs. My husband and I just looked at each other and shook our heads while smiling. There is no such thing as a non-criminal illegal. The fact that they are illegal makes them a criminal.

One of the callers to the station mentioned a person he knew about that had to do business on a cash basis because he was illegal. He was singing his praises because he had made himself rich. My husband said, "He is not a businessman, he is a criminal that is stealing from us because he pays no taxes on those cash only deals."
EXACTLY. This behavior is to be admired? Al Capone ended up in jail for tax evasion. I don't get it. That is mafia behavior.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,292,002 times
Me being picky:

"We did not bring slaves" - yes, your ancestors did (assuming that the median Latin American immigrant is of partial European descent)! Taking a look at all countries either in or bordering the Caribbean (including Mexico) will reveal that there are many black people there who are the descendants of the slaves that "Hispanics" brought to work the land.

"We did not kill Indians" - yes, your ancestors did (assuming that the median Latin American immigrant is of partial European descent)! The "Hispanics" who colonized Latin America killed off millions of Amerindians with brutality and disease.

My general comments: the sign makes a statement and if the guy who made it wants publicity, his plan seems to have worked. However, the message is pretty misdirected. It is not necessarily racism that fuels Prince William County residents' dislike of illegal immigration. Also, his comments about not bringing slaves and not killing Indians aren't very well thought considering the observations I made above.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:20 AM

638 posts, read 1,640,371 times
The July court hearing has been post-poned til' September 5th.

This is a decent read. It shows you how deep the crap is we have to wade through regarding illegal aliens, by illegal aliens, and the politcally correct. The refute is good.

IMO : This person could use some allies.

http://www.bvbl.net/index.php/2008/0...g-on-july-8th/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or