U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,095,836 times

Advertisements

the big issue is with consular access. we would want our citizens in other countries to have access to the cosulate. or ambassadors office. its makes sense. well actually we would want our citizens to NOT commit crimes in other plaes. but if and when they do, they should have access to US representatives.

what doesnt make much sense tho is that this guy is more a US citizen, even if he isnt. i say this because he was brought here at the young age of 9. he speaks and writes and reads english. was educated here (till he dropped out). seems pretty assimilated. hes been here for the majority of his life. so he could be considered a US citizen. or rather his ties to mexico seem as strong as a spiders web. the ties seems stronger with the US than with MX.

this whole mexican counsel, while legit in most cases, seems like a

"get outta jail free" card.

another of the killers was executed last year.

if thats the punishment, then let it be imposed.

this hiding behind a foreign country pisses me off.

kinda like the guy that invoked his french citizenship after killing some other guy. and because the US dont have extradition treaties with martinique or whatever french island this guy defected to, they cant get him!!! its sucks that killers can do this.

i say let him get the same punishment inflicted on the poor girls he killed. let him get orally, anally and vaginally raped. ok well pick another orrifice. the nose maybe. they beat these girls. they strangled them. this crime, was just awful.

killers dont get any sympathy from me.

while mx does not impose the death penalty, tex does.
once they knew he was an illegal or not a citizen, he should have had access to the right people.
the US messed up on that side, but the reality is that this guy is more US than MX.

let him fry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 02:08 PM

13,077 posts, read 21,228,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the big issue is with consular access. we would want our citizens in other countries to have access to the cosulate. or ambassadors office. its makes sense. well actually we would want our citizens to NOT commit crimes in other plaes. but if and when they do, they should have access to US representatives.

what doesnt make much sense tho is that this guy is more a US citizen, even if he isnt. i say this because he was brought here at the young age of 9. he speaks and writes and reads english. was educated here (till he dropped out). seems pretty assimilated. hes been here for the majority of his life. so he could be considered a US citizen. or rather his ties to mexico seem as strong as a spiders web. the ties seems stronger with the US than with MX.

this whole mexican counsel, while legit in most cases, seems like a

"get outta jail free" card.

another of the killers was executed last year.

if thats the punishment, then let it be imposed.

this hiding behind a foreign country pisses me off.

kinda like the guy that invoked his french citizenship after killing some other guy. and because the US dont have extradition treaties with martinique or whatever french island this guy defected to, they cant get him!!! its sucks that killers can do this.

i say let him get the same punishment inflicted on the poor girls he killed. let him get orally, anally and vaginally raped. ok well pick another orrifice. the nose maybe. they beat these girls. they strangled them. this crime, was just awful.

killers dont get any sympathy from me.

while mx does not impose the death penalty, tex does.
once they knew he was an illegal or not a citizen, he should have had access to the right people.
the US messed up on that side, but the reality is that this guy is more US than MX.

let him fry.
What utter nonsense.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 PM

2,024 posts, read 3,699,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What utter nonsense.
How so? I went back and checked the article, he's actually been here since he was three.

Directly quoted from the article: He has been in the United States since the age of 3.

He's as close to being a citizen as one can get without actually being one. He didn't come here illegally, his parents did and he was too young to know the difference. He probably should have gone back to Mexico to rape and murder teenage girls though seeing as the crime rate is ridiculously high and he wouldn't have got the death penalty down there. Heck, in Mexico he'd probably have gotten probation and a free train ticket to the U.S.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 PM

ya?!?! whats is utter nonsense?

that he is more US assimilated than Mex

or

that hes hiding behind a country?

or

that the US took a mis step in processeing him legally?

or

that mexico doesnt believe in capital punishment?

or

that he should get the same medicine he used on those young girls?

do elaborate deary

oh and TGoodles, thanks. but dont assume he would have only got probation and a train ticket here had he committed this crime in mexico. your attempt at a joke or whatever is not really funny. whatever his punishment in mexico, it probably would not have been as severe as texas'. but to think a killer rapist would not be dealt with appropriately is just plain ol silly.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 AM

13,077 posts, read 21,228,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ya?!?! whats is utter nonsense?

that he is more US assimilated than Mex

or

that hes hiding behind a country?

or

that the US took a mis step in processeing him legally?

or

that mexico doesnt believe in capital punishment?

or

that he should get the same medicine he used on those young girls?

do elaborate deary

oh and TGoodles, thanks. but dont assume he would have only got probation and a train ticket here had he committed this crime in mexico. your attempt at a joke or whatever is not really funny. whatever his punishment in mexico, it probably would not have been as severe as texas'. but to think a killer rapist would not be dealt with appropriately is just plain ol silly.
There is no need to elaborate, deary, if you will see the comments you wrote which I bolded. But since you asked, it is utter nonsense that your opinion is that he could be considered a US citizen. The law says otherwise. And FWIW, I WISH he was a US citizen - because then he'd already be dead and buried like the other scumbag friend of his, Derrick Sean O'Brien. http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/statistics/deathrow/drowlist/o'brien.jpg (broken link)

Did you actually read about this crime? Do you know anything at all about what happened? It's really offensive to me that someone can try to crack wise about this, and please refrain from using your terms of "endearment" with me, mmkay?

Old 08-05-2008, 12:48 PM

yes, i read the gruesome details. was appalled by them, and never tried to make light of the situation, or make wise cracks. i dont think you get what im tryin to say.

my points are that if he is not considered a US citizen, which of course he isnt since he never became legal, then i guess the US made some misteps in not providing him consular access. i personally think he is being a coward by invoking this right. but we have treaties and world accords to go by.

i wish we could treat him like a citizen. it would be easier to consider him a citizen and impose the same punishment handed down to the other perp in the case a year ago. it would be less of a head ache. this thug lived here almost all his life. he was educated here and committed his crime here. he was ade facto citizen you can say.
once they found out he was illegal, they should have allowed counsular access. since it wasnt, a big ball of red tape was created.

the outcome might be commuting his sentence to life imprisonment. or he will be killed, and then the texas justice system and the US will be sued. more of texas' tax payers money wasted.

it sucks that killers get to do this. hide behind a foreign country. but extradition accords and prisoner treaties exist for a reason.

im just trying to find a way to get rid of this killer. i wish everything had been done by the book. and hes only 1 of 51 cases like this. sucks really.

do you get that beauty?

Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times
Well, all of this supposition is now moot.

The great State of Texas stood up to Bushie and world opinion and executed this piece of human offal.

Thank goodness that there is at least one state left in this country with the guts to do the right thing.

I tip my hat to the Lone Star State.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,433,820 times
Don't Mess with Texas!!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,912,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Well, all of this supposition is now moot.

The great State of Texas stood up to Bushie and world opinion and executed this piece of human offal.

Thank goodness that there is at least one state left in this country with the guts to do the right thing.

I tip my hat to the Lone Star State.
Thank you Kele for saving me a few keystrokes. It's my pleasure to rep you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration