U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:58 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,917,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
That town looks fine to me.

Really? So graffiti and gang slogans, among other things, are okay with you? If that crap existed in my city I'd be demanding something be done about it. And, although I live in the DFW area, where there is a lot of that stuff, the particular suburb I live in is relatively graffiti free because the police here do a good job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 01:02 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,277,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Is this the same person who was telling us that most graffiti is done by white people?

Most graffiti is done by white people?

If that's true, it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:40 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Really? So graffiti and gang slogans, among other things, are okay with you? If that crap existed in my city I'd be demanding something be done about it. And, although I live in the DFW area, where there is a lot of that stuff, the particular suburb I live in is relatively graffiti free because the police here do a good job.
You can find graffiti and gang slogans in almost every city. The video just didn't match the description AMC gave here.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You can find graffiti and gang slogans in almost every city. The video just didn't match the description AMC gave here.
Try living in that neighborhood.....I did, and I assure you it was a hellhole.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Try living in that neighborhood.....I did, and I assure you it was a hellhole.
Only those accustomed to living in blight consider this a non-issue. I will never fathom the mindset that embraces and condones the defacement of property and devaluing of neighborhoods. I guess some people aren’t comfortable unless they’re living in squalor; which is why they recreate that environment wherever they live.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:12 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
Just looked at the Video. Could have been Little Tokyo/China town/Korea town/Italy town or whatever use choose to call it. Difference is the GRAFFETI and the spelling which is all spanish in nature. All the other ethnic people do not do graffeti. M-13 is of El Salvador and NOT Mexico. Honest legal hispanics on the whole do not do graffeti except on a small scale by a few uncontrolled children. What I saw was done by adults who are probably in the US illegally. The store signs/street parking signs are shown in spanish and a little English. Video should have shown some translation eg. "Mi Casa es Su Casa"..."My house is your house" on the trash box container by the city.. Bottle of Hennesy is wrong. It is a scotch and hispanics are Tequilla/Beer drinkers and do not buy scotch. (wrong info). Moderater should have translated store signs into English to show what they were advertising to all hispanics legal or otherwise. The fact they are in the city is the fault of the Govmt and not the citys fault. Stefhen

Old 08-04-2008, 03:32 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
try living in that neighborhood.....i did, and i assure you it was a hellhole.
lol

Old 08-04-2008, 03:34 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Just looked at the Video. Could have been Little Tokyo/China town/Korea town/Italy town or whatever use choose to call it. Difference is the GRAFFETI and the spelling which is all spanish in nature. All the other ethnic people do not do graffeti. M-13 is of El Salvador and NOT Mexico. Honest legal hispanics on the whole do not do graffeti except on a small scale by a few uncontrolled children. What I saw was done by adults who are probably in the US illegally. The store signs/street parking signs are shown in spanish and a little English. Video should have shown some translation eg. "Mi Casa es Su Casa"..."My house is your house" on the trash box container by the city.. Bottle of Hennesy is wrong. It is a scotch and hispanics are Tequilla/Beer drinkers and do not buy scotch. (wrong info). Moderater should have translated store signs into English to show what they were advertising to all hispanics legal or otherwise. The fact they are in the city is the fault of the Govmt and not the citys fault. Stefhen
THe graffiti was in ONE alley!
"The front may look nice..but the truth is in the alley"
Give me a break.

And Mi Casa es Su Casa was meant as treat the city streets like its your home..dont trash it.
And obviously the streets didnt look very trashed to me.
It looked very clean, peaceful and nice. The guy was just being a crybaby because the signs were Latino. Oh, and there was a bottle in the grass.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
"Mi Casa es Su Casa" was the very first thing I learned when I lived in Mexico City. It was a Welcome to visit and/or to stay in someones house. They showed one alley, yes, but the back of a grocery store and the trailer across the street was not alley but in the wide open. The F*** filth shows a persons level of intelligence. Give me a break. Scum like that whoever they are need to be put in jail or deported if that is the case. Steve

Old 08-04-2008, 03:47 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
THe graffiti was in ONE alley!
"The front may look nice..but the truth is in the alley"
Give me a break.

And Mi Casa es Su Casa was meant as treat the city streets like its your home..dont trash it.
And obviously the streets didnt look very trashed to me.
It looked very clean, peaceful and nice. The guy was just being a crybaby because the signs were Latino. Oh, and there was a bottle in the grass.
One alley? Do you live in Omaha? I do. I also lived in the neighborhood in the video. What they were showing was S 24th street. I lived down the street from Assumption Catholic church on S 22nd. --- I know this means nothing to you, just proving that I did in fact live there ---
It is not just one alley. It is all alleys, all businesses, all garages, any flat surface the little pissants can tag. Furthermore, did you read what I wrote about the little gangbanger threatening a WWII vet because the old guy told him to stop spray painting his garage? But that is somehow OK? Not too bad?
How about the gunfire every night? That was pretty sucky. How about the murder a block and half from me? And that was 1991, I can imagine how much 'fun' it is to live there now.
As far as the signs being 'latino'....had no idea that was a language nowadays. I must admit that I am still confused as to why all S 24th is filled with nothing but Spanish signs.....after all, all latinos speak English right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or