U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, you know how those suburban white boys like to sneak into immigrant neighborhoods at night to tag at will.
Damn youre dense!

Yeah, most GANG graffiti is done by Latinos and Blacks depending on the neighborhood. BUt thats mostly contained in Latino or Black neighborhoods.

But the majority of graffiti is NOT gang graffiti. The majority is "hip hop graffiti". And a LARGE PERCENTAGE of people doing that graffiti are white.
Many of them have gone on to become gallery type artists, graphic designers, whatever. But there are LOTS of white people doing graffiti.
From middle class to middle aged, graffiti isn't exclusively minority.

http://swindlemagazine.com/images/saber.jpg (broken link)
http://www.graffiti.org/index/Trix-Mars-Slang-Risk.jpg
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblo...ve/BombIt2.jpg
http://www.buffalorising.com/upload/...nd%20shawn.jpg
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/jul06/graffiti_070906_big.jpg (broken link)
.

If people have worked their way up to drawing stuff like the above(some of which is actually art(specifically the first and second), you can bet theres a whole lot of whiteboys doing that ugly scrawling thats in your town.

And not necessarily this guy:
http://vwt.d2g.com:8081/our_badges.jpg

You see gang graffiti? Yeah, I'll let Latinos take the rap for that. But most of the random scrawlings on the benches and walls OUTSIDE of gang neighborhoods? Could be anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
One alley? Do you live in Omaha? I do. I also lived in the neighborhood in the video. What they were showing was S 24th street. I lived down the street from Assumption Catholic church on S 22nd. --- I know this means nothing to you, just proving that I did in fact live there ---
It is not just one alley. It is all alleys, all businesses, all garages, any flat surface the little pissants can tag. Furthermore, did you read what I wrote about the little gangbanger threatening a WWII vet because the old guy told him to stop spray painting his garage? But that is somehow OK? Not too bad?
How about the gunfire every night? That was pretty sucky. How about the murder a block and half from me? And that was 1991, I can imagine how much 'fun' it is to live there now.
As far as the signs being 'latino'....had no idea that was a language nowadays. I must admit that I am still confused as to why all S 24th is filled with nothing but Spanish signs.....after all, all latinos speak English right?
Mexican Restaurant....Mexican Pottery? What does that mean?!?!?!?!?!


Sorry man, sounds like you had a rough life. I had no idea you were Straight Outta Nebraska. I'll be more sensitive from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Mexican Restaurant....Mexican Pottery? What does that mean?!?!?!?!?!


Sorry man, sounds like you had a rough life. I had no idea you were Straight Outta Nebraska. I'll be more sensitive from now on.
Hmm, so threatening a WWII vet is OK by you? Cause, this ain't Cali so the old wheezer should have just shut up about it? Perhaps he should have just viewed the tagging on his garage as a different (but no less valid) form of personal expression?

That is a load of crap and you know it. Neighborhoods being blighted by a group of people with no respect for the law, or their new country is hardly a good thing. And no, not all hispanics in Omaha are Mexican or illegal or even recent immigrants. In fact, the ones I know actually despise 'the Mexicans' for bringing a lot of crap to what was once their peaceful (re non gang infested) neighborhoods. And this will make you laugh -- the ones calling the newcomers 'damn Mexicans' are actually of Mexican descent themselves. They are just proud that their families came several generations ago and they are 100% American. I think how one identifies oneself is a very telling thing on how where that persons loyalty lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
 
2,449 posts, read 4,670,734 times
Reputation: 987
You mean ravished, like, sweeps it off its feet and shows it the night of its life? Oh to be with a Latin lover!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2008, 06:46 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
You mean ravished, like, sweeps it off its feet and shows it the night of its life? Oh to be with a Latin lover!
And much like a night with that sexy stranger you run the risk of waking up scr**ed blue and tatooed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Damn youre dense!

Yeah, most GANG graffiti is done by Latinos and Blacks depending on the neighborhood. BUt thats mostly contained in Latino or Black neighborhoods.

But the majority of graffiti is NOT gang graffiti. The majority is "hip hop graffiti". And a LARGE PERCENTAGE of people doing that graffiti are white.
Many of them have gone on to become gallery type artists, graphic designers, whatever. But there are LOTS of white people doing graffiti.
From middle class to middle aged, graffiti isn't exclusively minority.

http://swindlemagazine.com/images/saber.jpg (broken link)
http://www.graffiti.org/index/Trix-Mars-Slang-Risk.jpg
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblo...ve/BombIt2.jpg
http://www.buffalorising.com/upload/...nd%20shawn.jpg
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/jul06/graffiti_070906_big.jpg (broken link)
.

If people have worked their way up to drawing stuff like the above(some of which is actually art(specifically the first and second), you can bet theres a whole lot of whiteboys doing that ugly scrawling thats in your town.

And not necessarily this guy:
http://vwt.d2g.com:8081/our_badges.jpg

You see gang graffiti? Yeah, I'll let Latinos take the rap for that. But most of the random scrawlings on the benches and walls OUTSIDE of gang neighborhoods? Could be anyone.

I'm dense? The grafiti shown on the video was gang related tagging, not art. And that is what this thread is about, the video and how it pertains to Omaha Nebraska not what MOMA thinks is 'edgy' these days.
And while no doubt there are vandals of every ethnicity and financial background going around sharing their 'art', this was done from those that live in that particular neighborhood. In this case, it is safe to say that Chad and Trevor were not tagging M-13 sh** on the sides of other peoples property.
Or is that concept too hard for you to deal with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 AM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I'm dense? The grafiti shown on the video was gang related tagging, not art. And that is what this thread is about, the video and how it pertains to Omaha Nebraska not what MOMA thinks is 'edgy' these days.
And while no doubt there are vandals of every ethnicity and financial background going around sharing their 'art', this was done from those that live in that particular neighborhood. In this case, it is safe to say that Chad and Trevor were not tagging M-13 sh** on the sides of other peoples property.
Or is that concept too hard for you to deal with?
You responded to this video by referring to our argument on a different post on whether or not white people do graffiti.
I told you Latinos may be the ones doing most GANG graffiti, along with some Blacks and some Asians.
But the MAJORITY of graffiti out there is not gang graffiti.
Its hip hop graffiti, a large percentage of which is done by white kids.

You laughed at that, and thought it was unbelievable for white kids to do crime like graffiti. You asked me for proof.

Theres some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You responded to this video by referring to our argument on a different post on whether or not white people do graffiti.
I told you Latinos may be the ones doing most GANG graffiti, along with some Blacks and some Asians.
But the MAJORITY of graffiti out there is not gang graffiti.
Its hip hop graffiti, a large percentage of which is done by white kids.

You laughed at that, and thought it was unbelievable for white kids to do crime like graffiti. You asked me for proof.

Theres some.
Sorry I was keeping things on topic -- didn't mean to confuse you.

As I said there are vandals of every ethnicity. Being an attention wh*** is not the sole provence of any one group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
You mean ravished, like, sweeps it off its feet and shows it the night of its life? Oh to be with a Latin lover!
In all fairness, I believe he meant "ravaged". SAT words can confuse some.

But your version is definitely up my alley! Latin lover, indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
In all fairness, I believe he meant "ravaged". SAT words can confuse some.

But your version is definitely up my alley! Latin lover, indeed
ROFL! Wish I could rep you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top