U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 09:53 AM

494 posts, read 647,419 times

Advertisements

Arizona: A newspaper in Cave, AZ is taking pictures of employers who pick up illegal day workers and publishing them on their front page! The editor of the Sonoran News says in short Channel 12 video that hopes to stop the practice of businesses hiring illegal workers, which is illegal in Arizona!

Link to video (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Good for them- I think this is great.

I am so sick of these churches. Illegals are now "victims of the US"?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:21 AM

35,885 posts, read 65,265,344 times
They should not only be photographed and have their pictures all over the media - law enforcement should step in and fine them for hiring illegals. Plus, what about we consumers, who are paying for services and then the work is being done by illegals w/o our consent? You hire a landscaping company, assuming they will bring in bona fide workers who are being paid a fair wage . . . and then you get stuck w/ illegals who are being paid slave wages and who cannot communicate w/ you when you have a question. The owners of the company are making a big profit b/c they are paying slave wages to non-citizens . . . plus they are giving away jobs that plenty of people would take if they paid a fair wage. The whole thing sucks and employers who engage in this behavior are criminals, IMHO.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:24 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

I concur. It is indeed an excellent idea. Some people need to be shamed into the cessation of aiding and abetting IA's. The fact that some moron claims that it can be considered "contracting" doesn't change the fact that the person employed by said "contractor" is an illegal alien.

The spin people use to condone this invasion is nauseating. . . . .

Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Arizona: A newspaper in Cave, AZ is taking pictures of employers who pick up illegal day workers and publishing them on their front page! The editor of the Sonoran News says in short Channel 12 video that hopes to stop the practice of businesses hiring illegal workers, which is illegal in Arizona!
Another one of those "Why Didn't I Think Of That?" type of thing, Progressive.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

"Churches" . . . wouldn't "Political Nutcases" dba Churches be more accurate, Nicolem?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
"Churches" . . . wouldn't "Political Nutcases" dba Churches be more accurate, Nicolem?
Yes that sounds about right to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration