U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 06:13 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times

Advertisements

More aiding and abetting. They are also instructing illegal aliens to refuse to speak with police when arrested. This is a flagrant violation of our immigration laws, and all involved should be arrested.

Quote:
Today there are more than 20 New Sanctuary chapters, all founded within the past couple of years, scattered throughout the United States.

The group also plans to provide “radical hospitality” — safe places to stay, sponsored by religious congregations such as churches and synagogues — to illegal immigrants who have run afoul of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security

The New Sanctuary Movement chapter in Albany has created laminated, wallet-sized cards and started distributing them to immigrants; immigrants can give these cards, called Rights Cards, to police officers if they are detained.

The cards say, in both English and Spanish, “I am giving you this card because I do not wish to speak to you or have any further contact with you. I choose to exercise my right to remain silent and to refuse to answer your questions. If you arrest me, I will continue to exercise my right to remain silent and to refuse to answer your questions. I want to speak with a lawyer before answering your questions. I want to contact this organization: Emmaus House.”
Group helps people in U.S. illegally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,972,692 times
It mentions that along with religious groups, LABOR groups are involved. Hmmmm..........why is that? That I don't understand, because why would labor groups want cheap labor to compete against them?

They say that the immigration laws are becoming "stricter" - NO, they are the same, they are just being enforced!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It mentions that along with religious groups, LABOR groups are involved. Hmmmm..........why is that? That I don't understand, because why would labor groups want cheap labor to compete against them?

They say that the immigration laws are becoming "stricter" - NO, they are the same, they are just being enforced!
Sadly, organizations such as the AFL-CIO and the Teamsters have also jumped on the illegal immigration bandwagon. They see an untapped source of revenue, and could care less that legal citizens are negatively impacted. Had it not been for the Mexican truckers infringing on their territory, the Teamsters would not have expressed any opposition. Union dues collected from illegal aliens, are still union dues. It's greed, plain and simple.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:33 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,915,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sadly, organizations such as the AFL-CIO and the Teamsters have also jumped on the illegal immigration bandwagon. They see an untapped source of revenue, and could care less that legal citizens are negatively impacted. Had it not been for the Mexican truckers infringing on their territory, the Teamsters would not have expressed any opposition. Union dues collected from illegal aliens, are still union dues. It's greed, plain and simple.
With deportation going into high gear, it will be interesting to what they will do to rebuild their membership. I find it hard to believe that American workers are pleased with their support of illegal "scabs".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or