U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:59 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

"Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems" it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs, she said. (emphasis added)
Think about that. Not only can the economy of Sonora not handle the return of its native sons and daughters, it's not even able to support the people who remained behind without the remittances of the people working in Arizona. They're actually saying to their native sons and daughters...

We cannot handle your return, and we need you to go back to another country and work so you can send money back home to support the unemployed people you left behind.

Again, one has to say, what? Mexico cannot support its own people, so many leave...and the ones who stay behind cannot survive without their remittances? What are they doing all day?

ModernConservative - Blog (http://www.modernconservative.com/metablog_single.php?p=2066 - broken link)

If you needed to be convinced of the insanity known as Mexico, this is it folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Apparently the welfare state has expanded into Mexico.
I hope for Mexican citizens sake that their government will finally address the problems it has with poverty and their permanant underclass. The fact that it has gotten to such a point is a stain not only on the Mexican government but also on our own.
Way to enable, W!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:16 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Hey Calderon: go jump in a lake!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems" it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs, she said. (emphasis added)
Think about that. Not only can the economy of Sonora not handle the return of its native sons and daughters, it's not even able to support the people who remained behind without the remittances of the people working in Arizona. They're actually saying to their native sons and daughters...

We cannot handle your return, and we need you to go back to another country and work so you can send money back home to support the unemployed people you left behind.

Again, one has to say, what? Mexico cannot support its own people, so many leave...and the ones who stay behind cannot survive without their remittances? What are they doing all day?

ModernConservative - Blog (http://www.modernconservative.com/metablog_single.php?p=2066 - broken link)

If you needed to be convinced of the insanity known as Mexico, this is it folks.

They should have thought about that, when they allowed their people to come over here illegally. Duh - what, they didn't think we might deport them someday, since that is the law?! Idiots.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
They should have thought about that, when they allowed their people to come over here illegally. Duh - what, they didn't think we might deport them someday, since that is the law?! Idiots.
They were anticipating the NAU and amnesty. Most likely, they were promised by our government that the borders would remain open, and there would be no problem. They underestimated We The People. Big mistake!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Indeed they should have. I have no doubt that the borders were deliberately left wide open in anticipation that by now, the NAU agreement would be signed, sealed and delivered along with the Texas Trans corridor being completed. Unfortunately for Bush and Calderon, their plans have gone horribly wrong and Americans are fighting to maintain our sovereignty.

OOPS . . .

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-05-2008 at 09:39 AM..

Old 08-05-2008, 04:47 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,989,494 times
Mexico needs a revolution..not an exodus.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:21 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,253,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
Mexico needs a revolution..not an exodus.
Interesting thought. Can someone explain to me why Mexico is so underdeveloped? They won their independence, I think, in maybe 1821 - so less than 50 years after our Revolutionary War. I don't get it. Why didn't people get busy and establish towns and cities and industry like we did in America? They are only about 1/5 the size of the USA - so what is their problem???? Why don't they have organized towns and jobs?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:01 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Interesting thought. Can someone explain to me why Mexico is so underdeveloped? They won their independence, I think, in maybe 1821 - so less than 50 years after our Revolutionary War. I don't get it. Why didn't people get busy and establish towns and cities and industry like we did in America? They are only about 1/5 the size of the USA - so what is their problem???? Why don't they have organized towns and jobs?
Corrupt Government.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:42 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think the reasons lie in history. Look at how the USA was started versus how Mexico was started. All the nations of the former British empire, the English speaking countries, have a high standard of living. In this hemisphere the top 3 nations in standard of living are the USA, Canada, and Barbados, all English speaking, all inherited a British culture which still influences.

The Spanish speaking Latin American nations don't fare so well. Mexico had a university well before there was one in the USA, the Dominican Republic had the very first for the western hemisphere but that didn't keep them ahead for long.

Actually Mexico has established towns and cities but it's the overall very centralized form of government that makes it difficult to run efficiently -- Mexico is similar in many ways to the old Soviet Union. The Independence of Texas had a lot to do with problems between the Federalists (who joined with Texas) and Santa Ana's Centralist forces. Who knows -- if the Federalists had won out, maybe Texas would not have split off, Mexico would have taken a different path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration