U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What I think needs to happen instead, since it's very obvious that so many millions of Mexicans want out of Mexico and in the USA would be for another Texas type solution. They separate from Mexico first as a whole state or group of states. Remain separate for a length of time and then petition to join the USA.

That would actually benefit far more people, not just the individuals who manage to make it over the border. It would provide more land instead of crowding more people into already crowded cities. It would bring more stability to a region.
What you describe may come to pass---------especially if Mexico descends into a civil war (not likely admittedly).

Although; Nuevo Leon has been squeaking about kicking Mexico City to the curb and petitioning to join the USA--------it appears that NL is becoming quite pissed as subsidizing much poorer Mx states like Chiapas.

 
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What you describe may come to pass---------especially if Mexico descends into a civil war (not likely admittedly).

Although; Nuevo Leon has been squeaking about kicking Mexico City to the curb and petitioning to join the USA--------it appears that NL is becoming quite pissed as subsidizing much poorer Mx states like Chiapas.
I think it's more likely than others think it is.

How divided does a country have to get before civil war breaks out? Mexico's had them before, and probably over less reason.

The last presidential election showed a geographical split and a pretty even split. I don't believe Mexico is a very united country -- not culturally and not in living standards, and it has too centralized a government to run efficiently at the size it is.
 
Old 08-10-2008, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it's more likely than others think it is.

How divided does a country have to get before civil war breaks out? Mexico's had them before, and probably over less reason.

The last presidential election showed a geographical split and a pretty even split. I don't believe Mexico is a very united country -- not culturally and not in living standards, and it has too centralized a government to run efficiently at the size it is.
The split would probably be between the northern states (Baja Ca both Norte and Sur), Sonora, Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon and Tamalpaus; all of which are adjacent to our southern border------------with Chiapas, Oaxaca, Nayarit, Sinoloa, etc. being southern.

Too; the northern states are much wealthier as a group----------apparently, NL is close to at least Mississippi living standards.
 
Old 08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The split would probably be between the northern states (Baja Ca both Norte and Sur), Sonora, Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon and Tamalpaus; all of which are adjacent to our southern border------------with Chiapas, Oaxaca, Nayarit, Sinoloa, etc. being southern.

Too; the northern states are much wealthier as a group----------apparently, NL is close to at least Mississippi living standards.

The political split seems to be north and west versus south and east. Those also seem to be cultural splits.

http://www.sandiego.edu/tbi/images/PAN_round3_Hinojosa.gif (broken link)
 
Old 12-29-2008, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Mexico
7 posts, read 7,140 times
Reputation: 13
I personally think Mexico because would win we dont have anything to lose we fight for our pirde!
 
Old 12-29-2008, 05:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
What?

Pride? How about some demonstrations in the streets to better the average living condition for the average Mexican? Instead of demanding rights and free services here in American how about demand them in Mexico? Can't you have pride before you flee here?
 
Old 12-29-2008, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico7 View Post
I personally think Mexico because would win we dont have anything to lose we fight for our pirde!
Mexico would be taken out in a manner of weeks if it ever came to war between there and the USA----------the former country's economy is much less than California by itself.

Besides: there odds are better than 50/50 that parts of Mx may take such a hypothetical war as an excuse to secede.
 
Old 12-29-2008, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mexico would be taken out in a manner of weeks if it ever came to war between there and the USA----------the former country's economy is much less than California by itself.

Besides: there odds are better than 50/50 that parts of Mx may take such a hypothetical war as an excuse to secede.
Thats what they said about Iraq, didn't they? Not many people think like you, so I think a war with Mexico would be even less supported by Americans.
 
Old 12-29-2008, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What you describe may come to pass---------especially if Mexico descends into a civil war (not likely admittedly).

Although; Nuevo Leon has been squeaking about kicking Mexico City to the curb and petitioning to join the USA--------it appears that NL is becoming quite pissed as subsidizing much poorer Mx states like Chiapas.
You've repeated this no less than 40 times on this board. Can you please link?
 
Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You've repeated this no less than 40 times on this board. Can you please link?
?............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top