Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times

Advertisements

If we just annexed Mexico, we'd get a lot of our manufacturing capability and jobs back.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:41 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Can we fight it like WW2???? Or does the Military get held back like today????

Old 08-05-2008, 03:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Come on now, haven't Americans been leaving this country at alarming rates lately?

With U.S. in slump, dual citizenship in EU countries attracts Americans (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2008/06/07/s1a_dual_citizenship_0608.html?imw=Y - broken link)

The Number of Americans Moving to Canada in 2006 Hit a 30-Year High
ABC News: Record Number of Americans Flee to Canada
Surely you’re not comparing the “legal” immigration of Americans to foreign countries, with the “illegal” invasion of 20% of Mexico’s underclass and miscreant population?

Some Americans would rather leave this country rather than watch it crumble by illegal aliens. Fortunately, the vast majority are willing to remain here and fight this invasion.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:00 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
How the hell did you get that?

And "being locked up by pharmacies" isn't going to keep that off the street. If anything, you'd have that stuff flowing all over the black market. Pharmacies being broken into.

The question was, imagine an America with its drug supply suddenly cut off.
I was talking about the cartels being destroyed, not opening the border.

Taking pseudoephedrine containing products off the shelves and locking them up has been very effective.

Quote:
U.S. officials estimate that 80% of the methamphetamine sold on U.S. streets is produced by Mexican criminal organizations.
Once the US 'producers' no longer had access to the OTC drug they needed to manufacture meth, the production moved to Mexico. There are still meth labs here but clearly the majority of the drug now comes from Mexico.

Mexico meth raid yields $205 million in U.S. cash - Los Angeles Times

Cutting off US drug supply can only be positive when looked at from a long range point of view, IMO.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
This country was made by, and is full of "cowardly babies" who weren't "willing to fight and die to improve" their country of origin.
Wow! You don't have a very high opinion of the U.S. do you? I think the millions of brave men and women who have fought to defend this country might take issue with your statement. This is an affront to ALL of the brave soldiers who fought and died to protect this great nation.

This is your most despicable post thus far. In your quest to annoy me, you have shamefully denigrated millions of true patriots and heroes.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:02 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
This country was made by, and is full of "cowardly babies" who weren't "willing to fight and die to improve" their country of origin.
At least the ones who made our country came here legally.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:04 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! You don't have a very high opinion of the U.S. do you? I think the millions of brave men and women who have fought to defend this country might take issue with your statement. This is an affront to ALL of the brave soldiers who fought and died to protect this great nation.

This is your most despicable post thus far. In your quest to annoy me, you have shamefully denigrated millions of true patriots and heroes.
Those are YOUR words.

People are immigrating here like EVERYONE has.
You all them cowards for leaving thier country instead of "fighting", when the people that MADE this country came here insteado "fighting".
So many people have come here from other countries because it's better here.

Are they all "cowardly babies" too scared to "fight in their own country" to you, too?

Don't get too dramatic on me.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
At least the ones who made our country came here legally.
The forefathers? The ones who came on the Mayflower?

Old 08-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Those are YOUR words.

People are immigrating here like EVERYONE has.
You all them cowards for leaving thier country instead of "fighting", when the people that MADE this country came here insteado "fighting".
So many people have come here from other countries because it's better here.

Are they all "cowardly babies" too scared to "fight in their own country" to you, too?
Don't try to twist it. The last time I checked, "is" refers to the present. Perhaps a trip to a VA hospital, or a visit to Walter Reed, would change your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760

Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Don't try to twist it. The last time I checked, "is" refers to the present.
Notice I qouted YOU to show how absurd it sounds when directed at people besides the Mexican immigrants.

Do you not understand the concept? Should I have been more blunt?
Here, Benicar.

The immigrants/illegal immigrants of today are no more "cowardly babies" "too scared to fight in their own countries" than allllllllll the other immigrants that have come here in the past making this country. Including the very first colonists in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration