U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I stayed out of this thread because I couldn't really see it as serious. After a few days of reading it and seriously thinking about it, I went to minutemanhq and signed up. I'll be "on the border" south of Tucson NEXT WEEKEND!

And I WILL be armed....
Good huntin', Guy!

Im surprised it took you this long to join, haha.

Don't forget the cargo pants, floppy fisherman's hat, and MREs. Its not as fun playing weekend warrior without them.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem for Mexico is that all it's soldiers would desert the minute they got close enough to the border. Mexico needs what men of military age it has trying to maintain control over the people of Mexico and the rest of them are already living in the USA.

I don't really think that in spite of all their big talk that they would fight against us because all we'd have to do is send in the ICE vans and they'd scatter. Besides that we supply them their food stamps and it would be too easy to cut that off.
Yes and no.

The regular conscripts would probably decide that today is 'not a good day to die' and indeed would say screw it by gladly surrendering.

Now: the Zetas may actually put up a fight because their backs would be against the wall. Zeta POW's would be at grave risk for assault or death at the hands of the 'regular' Mexicans in the POW camps.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:45 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Good huntin', Guy!

Im surprised it took you this long to join, haha.

Don't forget the cargo pants, floppy fisherman's hat, and MREs. Its not as fun playing weekend warrior without them.
I won't be 'hunting' anything, I'll be standing watch with binoculars and a lawn chair. The weapon is intended for snakes and/or other nefarious critters of the desert. Hopefully I won't need it.

I don't own any cargo pants, you're damned skippy about the hat, and you can keep the MRE's. I've got a large cooler full of supplies that I'm bringing, including steaks and potatoes.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I won't be 'hunting' anything, I'll be standing watch with binoculars and a lawn chair. The weapon is intended for snakes and/or other nefarious critters of the desert. Hopefully I won't need it.

I don't own any cargo pants, you're damned skippy about the hat, and you can keep the MRE's. I've got a large cooler full of supplies that I'm bringing, including steaks and potatoes.
Thank you Guy for taking action to help defend our borders.

Please be safe and let us know how it goes.

Nicolem

Old 08-07-2008, 12:05 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,216 times
Quote:
True. They talk a lot about Aztlan, but they have a very weird idea that they can split off but still get the money and government handouts from Washington DC.
How stupid can you get?! That's funny.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:57 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,692,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
actually I would imagine there would be quite a few native mexicans who would take our side on this war

They would have a lot to gain if the current establishment was to collapse

It would be a lot easier than iraq, and Afghanistan

First they are closer, and the mex are not battle hardened like the muslims

and the climate would be so much better, plus it would be fun we could stop over cancun, cozumel, tijuana
---------------

I agree the United States would devour ANY Latin American country not just Mexico.

With missle power alone ANY Latin American country would be bought to its knees no troops needed .

So easily that it could be done now while engaged in 2 wars. NOT a single country, island would fight like Muslims .

Someone here posted that it would make Iraq look like war games lol thats grossly out of touch and wishfull thinking .

Mexicos ground troop military isnt bad by Latin American standards the best being Colombia but even both together would be devoured by USA .

There is a saying in Cuba --

Rusty outdated rifle vs 1 ton bomb . Who do you think wins ? lol

The 1960s are long gone

Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
---------------

I agree the United States would devour ANY Latin American country not just Mexico.

With missle power alone ANY Latin American country would be bought to its knees no troops needed .

So easily that it could be done now while engaged in 2 wars. NOT a single country, island would fight like Muslims .

Someone here posted that it would make Iraq look like war games lol thats grossly out of touch and wishfull thinking .

Mexicos ground troop military isnt bad by Latin American standards the best being Colombia but even both together would be devoured by USA .

There is a saying in Cuba --

Rusty outdated rifle vs 1 ton bomb . Who do you think wins ? lol

The 1960s are long gone
Who would want Mexico and all it's problems? In a hypothetical war over illegal immigration, IMO all we would want are two things.

1. Mexicans do not come to the US unless they are doing so legally.
2. Mexican citizens are repatriated to Mexico.

Real simple, stay out unless you have our permission to be here and go home if you are here illegally.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:13 PM

185 posts, read 319,401 times
We are already at war with Mexico. They waged war on the U.S. a long time ago. We must have incited them by coddling tens of millions of their citizens.

This is what compassion has brought us.

Three Times More People Killed At Southern Border In Last 6 Months Than Iraq And Afghanistan Combined.

Diggers Realm;

"It amazes me that when it comes to wars you will get a massive amount of people to come out and declare that we must "end the killing". All kinds of wackos and hippies and even a few actual intellectual people who do have a thought out argument or other course of action show up (though the intellectuals are few and far between). Yet in the past 6 months more than the people have been killed along our southern border than service-members in both Iraq and Afghanistan combined

Where are the protests? Where is the outrage? Where are the hippies with their little drums?"

Three Times More People Killed At Southern Border In Last 6 Months Than Iraq And Afghanistan Combined : Diggers Realm

Add to that 30-40 MILLION foreign nationals occupying our soil and flying their falg. Our coffers are being emptied at an amazing rate.
Tens of thousands of Americans have been slaughtered at the hands of illegals since 9/11.

What war in history has killed so many American civilians?

Old 08-09-2008, 01:37 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
One thing, and that's that there's a particular arrogance in believing we are immune from war. We are completely ignoring the problems that lead up to wars and choose to ignore the lessons of history and current events.

Look at the situation with Russia and Georgia now -- border wars happen. They have always happened, they do happen, and will happen. They happen when two different groups of people decide they want the same territory.

The Associated Press: Russian troops raid Georgian town; scores dead (broken link)

Russian tanks rumbled into the separatist province of South Ossetia and Russian aircraft bombed a Georgian town Saturday, a major escalation of the conflict that has left hundreds of civilians dead and some areas in smoldering ruins.....

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said that Moscow sent troops into South Ossetia to force Georgia into a cease-fire and prevent Georgia from retaking contol of its breakaway region.

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Georgia had effectively lost the right to rule it — an indication Moscow could be preparing to fulfill South Ossetians' wish to be absorbed into Russia....

Old 08-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
One thing, and that's that there's a particular arrogance in believing we are immune from war. We are completely ignoring the problems that lead up to wars and choose to ignore the lessons of history and current events.

Look at the situation with Russia and Georgia now -- border wars happen. They have always happened, they do happen, and will happen. They happen when two different groups of people decide they want the same territory.

The Associated Press: Russian troops raid Georgian town; scores dead

Russian tanks rumbled into the separatist province of South Ossetia and Russian aircraft bombed a Georgian town Saturday, a major escalation of the conflict that has left hundreds of civilians dead and some areas in smoldering ruins.....

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said that Moscow sent troops into South Ossetia to force Georgia into a cease-fire and prevent Georgia from retaking contol of its breakaway region.

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Georgia had effectively lost the right to rule it — an indication Moscow could be preparing to fulfill South Ossetians' wish to be absorbed into Russia....
Oh I think it is pretty obvious we are not immune to wars. We already have 2 with possibly 2 more on the way and bunch in the queue.

We have a criminal problem with Mexico, there is no land dispute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration