Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:36 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,587,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think that is my point. However, If it is so silly then why do we have so many people screaming: "THIS IS WAR!". Warmongering is silly.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,498 times
Quote:
I think that is my point. However, If it is so silly then why do we have so many people screaming: "THIS IS WAR!". Warmongering is silly.
It is sad that so many on this forum, is ready to put on their battle gear and head for Mexico. If they want to fight so bad, I would bet that there are many soldiers in Iraq that would turn their tour of duty over to them.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
In a nut shell.
We would win.
Our National guard is better armed than the Mexican army...
Airforce? LOL Mexico has an obsolete very basic airforce.
Navy? Well I guess old WWII destroyers and patrol boats might be considered a navy.
The fact is a war wouldn't happen.
#1 Mexico won't go there.
#2 We don't have to.
#3 We don't want to inherit their problems. Enough lessons should have been learned from Iraq.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:04 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In a nut shell.
We would win.
Our National guard is better armed than the Mexican army...
Airforce? LOL Mexico has an obsolete very basic airforce.
Navy? Well I guess old WWII destroyers and patrol boats might be considered a navy.
The fact is a war wouldn't happen.
#1 Mexico won't go there.
#2 We don't have to.
#3 We don't want to inherit their problems. Enough lessons should have been learned from Iraq.

I totally agree with you where Iraq is concerend, but it does'nt matter if we have more than Mexico is concerned in weapons,
We have had enough loss of life period when we attacked Iraq.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,824 times
I stayed out of this thread because I couldn't really see it as serious. After a few days of reading it and seriously thinking about it, I went to minutemanhq and signed up. I'll be "on the border" south of Tucson NEXT WEEKEND!

And I WILL be armed....

Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Way to go GUY.......it's been awhile since I've been down there at the AZ/CA Border.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:04 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,491,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I stayed out of this thread because I couldn't really see it as serious. After a few days of reading it and seriously thinking about it, I went to minutemanhq and signed up. I'll be "on the border" south of Tucson NEXT WEEKEND!

And I WILL be armed....
Glad I could inspire you, I already served my time in the military and have seen war, don't want to see it again. Good luck to you.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Great post! Wish I could rep you.

Since this is hypothetical……we could simply nuke them. End of story.

In reality, even with our military spread throughout the world, Mexico is simply no match for the US. We would eviscerate Mexico.
The problem for Mexico is that all it's soldiers would desert the minute they got close enough to the border. Mexico needs what men of military age it has trying to maintain control over the people of Mexico and the rest of them are already living in the USA.

I don't really think that in spite of all their big talk that they would fight against us because all we'd have to do is send in the ICE vans and they'd scatter. Besides that we supply them their food stamps and it would be too easy to cut that off.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Ah - ha - however, they would lose their U.S. government benefits!! I doubt they want that.
True. They talk a lot about Aztlan, but they have a very weird idea that they can split off but still get the money and government handouts from Washington DC.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
If Mexico were to descend into anarchy US should brace for refugees and expect a hell of lot of them. IMO US should not promote anarchy in Mexico, I don't think many US citizens here really grasp how awful that would be for United States. Think amnesty on entirely greater order of magnitude.
Exactly -- and massive uncontrolled immigration is doing just that. Mexico is becoming more unstable, and that's not a good situation for us.

Massive migration results from social injustice and instability and massive migration leads to more social injustice and instability. As more and more Mexicans pack their bags to head on over the open border to the USA, there is less infrastructure being built, a vacuum is created. Children and elderly are left behind, families are split apart. Women are abandoned to face true poverty with their children.

At the same time entire villages spring up in the USA of people who cannot and do not wish to be a part of this country except for the government handouts and better pay -- but the better pay isn't enough for them to support their large families here, they cannot adapt to our very high cost of living especially lacking education and an ability to learn the language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.