U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:58 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Malamute; I would like to give a good answer for you in "espanol" but this is supposed to be "ENGLISH ONLY" forum. Stefhen
Well sorry, it's just that there isn't much information about this in our news sources, someone mentioned that, so I think it's only fair to get more of the facts which I could only find in Mexican news sources. I wasn't answering in Spanish, I only posted news sources.

Anyhow we've all been told to learn Spanish -- so I'm sure most everyone has by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
I can read some spanish, Corruption and Mordida (grease the palm) is rampant in Mexico. I've had to pay a few dollars/pesos in my time. At times just to get them off my back and get on to where I was going. In central or in DF they love American license plates because they know you have money while travelling. Stefhen

Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 PM

Well for those who are falling behind on their NAU Spanish lessons, according to the El Universal article this happened after the immigrants were stopped and robbed by the police -- mordidas, and the police began fighting over the mordidas. The immigrants were already past the "check point" but when the police commander refused to give a subordinate money in exchange for his silence, the suborndinate went on the attack against the immigrants -- started chasing and shooting at them.

What we won't see is La Raza saying a single thing about this kind of thing, there will be no marches for immigration reform or protests against corruption in Mexico.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:42 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,989,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well for those who are falling behind on their NAU Spanish lessons, according to the El Universal article this happened after the immigrants were stopped and robbed by the police -- mordidas, and the police began fighting over the mordidas. The immigrants were already past the "check point" but when the police commander refused to give a subordinate money in exchange for his silence, the suborndinate went on the attack against the immigrants -- started chasing and shooting at them.

What we won't see is La Raza saying a single thing about this kind of thing, there will be no marches for immigration reform or protests against corruption in Mexico.
I don't think "La Raza" has the foggiest idea about what is going on inside of Mexico. If they spent a month with the people there they'd disband the organization or change its focus.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
I don't think "La Raza" has the foggiest idea about what is going on inside of Mexico. If they spent a month with the people there they'd disband the organization or change its focus.

I think the La Raza leaders do but they want the same kind of thug system that they will rule over here just like they do back home.

I think anyone who joins a group that would call itself "The Race" has certain tendencies.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:10 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,692,570 times
Quote:
VERACRUZ, Mexico—Two people are dead after a shootout between Mexican police and smugglers driving a truck carrying illegal immigrants.
Police caught up with the truck near the town of Agua Dulce in southeast Mexico. The town's police chief, Jose Atenedoro, says the smugglers then opened fire on officers, starting a shootout and car chase. The chase ended when the truck crashed into a ditch.

Gunfire killed two people, while about 30 of the 42 immigrants hidden in the truck were injured in the crash Monday. Both of the men killed were migrants.

The driver tried to escape, but was caught by police.

Officials say the immigrants were from Honduras, El Salvador and Ecuador.

Mexican police, migrant smugglers open fire: 2 die - El Paso Times (http://www.elpasotimes.com/nationworld/ci_10096393 - broken link)
--------------

As you know Mexico will not tolerate illegal immigration .

The police will steal everything the illegals have before and after beating them with the goverments blessing.

Mexico has a commercial asking its citizens to report illegals .

The Mexican media has requested that Mexicos police not beat illegals .

I doubt Mexicos police are listening .

Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,692,570 times
Quote:
I think the La Raza leaders do but they want the same kind of thug system that they will rule over here just like they do back home.

I think anyone who joins a group that would call itself "The Race" has certain tendencies.
------------
La Raza subscribes to "what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine"

Which is simply what EVERY group that supports illegal immigration subscribes to .

Its a twisted way of thinking in which USA owes them and American citizens must pay for them .

Old 08-06-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------
La Raza subscribes to "what is yours is mine and what is mine is mine"

Which is simply what EVERY group that supports illegal immigration subscribes to .

Its a twisted way of thinking in which USA owes them and American citizens must pay for them .

I think by not addressing the issues, we're allowing things to get much worse. The problem is, Mexico isn't being told to cool it, it's not being told to address it's problems, it's allowed to continue using the USA as a dumping ground for it's excess impoverished populations. Mexico has become very accustomed to the big drug trafficking money but now it's backfiring in a very bad way on them and on us.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:08 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
The NCLR is focused with Hispanics in the UNITED STATES. Whether they be citizens, or are hoping to become citizens. They don't have to be concerned with everyone in the world who has a Spanish last name.

Someone could trip over a bucket in Chiapas, and you'll see people on this forum go "well, what does La Raza gonna do about it?!?"

Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The NCLR is focused with Hispanics in the UNITED STATES. Whether they be citizens, or are hoping to become citizens. They don't have to be concerned with everyone in the world who has a Spanish last name.

Someone could trip over a bucket in Chiapas, and you'll see people on this forum go "well, what does La Raza gonna do about it?!?"
Our Mach50 has an Irish surname..........and, last time I checked----------a former president of Mexico was named Fox, which was originally Fuchs (German for Fox).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or