Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by christa17 View Post
Florida Gangs
check out this lady!
Two can play the game; Florida Gangs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
I don't know how/why this thread addressing Cubans in America went so awry? Statistically there is a higher percentage of crime in areas of heavily concentrated population. It is unfair to blame one group over another.

I am older than dirt, and I met my first Cubano the other day. He was born in America and his parents were Naturalized. Last week he brought his grandmother to Florida. She wants to go to school with her grandchildren to learn English. She's 75. Bravo Grandma! .

Alien immigrants who are not Cuban is off topic.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:45 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Considering most (if not all) Cubans are here legally thanks to the dry foot policy, I don't know what this was doing in this forum in the first place.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:04 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I don't know how/why this thread addressing<snip>

Alien immigrants who are not Cuban is off topic.
You just nerco'd a thread that's pushing four years old.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
You just nerco'd a thread that's pushing four years old.

Actually it was resurrected by a troll post that has since been deleted, but the thread remains revived apparently LOL

Maybe the mods need a "put it back to sleep" button

Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Actually it was resurrected by a troll post that has since been deleted, but the thread remains revived apparently LOL
Oh...in that case, that mod responded anyway which kept the thread fresh.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:16 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,138 times
Immigration laws should be more fair for all ethnicies. Current immigration laws are inefficient, they should make and enforce WORKING laws. When I came to this country several years ago, it was much easier to get citizenship, now that I overaged, It has been extremely difficult to get my papers, even though, I'm a student, clean record and pay taxes. Every time I go to the immigration building in Miami, I'm like the only one there who's not cuban and the very few who speaks English. I'm been waiting for years to get citizenship, it seems impossible, they're always screwing up. These people don't know any English, get welfare and most don't work, don't even have HS diploma, scream from place to the other, have a bunch of kids ad many of them are pretty old and got their papaers in just 6 months. It doesn't seem fair for the resto of the people who came here with a visa and been waiting for years their papers. Not all Cubans are like that, but most of the recently arrived are full of bolonga! Second generation Cubans are fine, they are super normal people like any other person. My dad has a friend who has a successful business, university grad, pays taxes, and clan record and he's been living in this country for yeear and still waiting for his green card. It's not fair!! Immigration laws are full of BS!

Old 10-10-2010, 03:03 PM

I agree it's well past time to repeal the dry foot law enacted JUST for Cubans. If as you say you've been "waiting years to get citizenship", does that mean you're here legally now? Is your father an LPR? You say he's still waiting for a green card, so if he doesn't have LPR status how did you get yours?

Are you both on TPV?

Old 10-17-2010, 04:59 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,138 times
My dad has citizenship already, that's how I filed the paperwork, and still waiting, it's been almost two years I filed and no answer yet. Everytime I go to the immigration offices to check on status I see people who hab been here in the country for just a couple months and they are residents, unbelievable, super unfair for the people who wait 10, 15, 20 years to get citizenship and who came here legally I came here legally with a h4 visa, I go to the university, I pay taxes, no criminal records, good credit score and they don't want me to be a resident! I'm about to go back to my country and have one problem less in my life .

Old 10-21-2010, 06:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
My dad has citizenship already, that's how I filed the paperwork, and still waiting, it's been almost two years I filed and no answer yet. Everytime I go to the immigration offices to check on status I see people who hab been here in the country for just a couple months and they are residents, unbelievable, super unfair for the people who wait 10, 15, 20 years to get citizenship and who came here legally I came here legally with a h4 visa, I go to the university, I pay taxes, no criminal records, good credit score and they don't want me to be a resident! I'm about to go back to my country and have one problem less in my life .
You act as though some how you are owed citizenship, as if you should some how be considered a priority. This country owes no applicant anything more than a moments consideration. This system that you bash on allows more immigration than all other countries combined. Do you really believe that the USA owes you anything? If we displease you so much why wait? Why would you seek to live in a place you so obviously disagree with? Or are you 1 of those people who feels that we should change to make things easier just for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration