U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:58 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am in total agreement with all. Illegal aliens have selfishly supplanted the law-abiding immigrants who choose to play by the rules. Due to the massive illegal alien invasion, we have no recourse but to halt legal immigration until this mess can be resolved. Illegal aliens have clearly illustrated they care about no one but themselves. We have enough egocentric citizens. The last thing we need is to grant citizenship to millions more.
As i suspected, some of you want to do away with legal immigration anyway. Using illegal immigration as a front or an excuse to put a stop on legal immigration doesn't make sense. There is absolutely no need to put a stop on all forms of immigration while the border is being secured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
As i suspected, some of you want to do away with legal immigration anyway. Using illegal immigration as a front or an excuse to put a stop on legal immigration doesn't make sense. There is absolutely no need to put a stop on all forms of immigration while the border is being secured.
The border is being secured? Since when?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
I think you need to talk with AMC about this twisting of words so you two can get together with your lies and such.

We have said that we need a moratorium for a length of time so that our immigration policy can get fixed and our borders get secured and assimilate the ones that are here, the legal ones that is. Then after all of that is done we could continue with some more immigration, though we should absolutely STOP ALL immigration to our country from the poor and uneducated because they do nothing to help the country at all. As a Anglo American of Mexican descent, I can't even think about moving to Mexico without proving I can support myself. We should do the same thing and if not, then tough luck.

Last edited by Anonymous Political Junky; 08-06-2008 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 05:09 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I think you need to talk with AMC about this twisting of words so you two can get together with your lies and such.

We have said that we need a moratorium for a length of time so that our immigration policy can get fixed and our borders get secured and assimilate the ones that are here, the legal ones that is. Then after all of that is done we could continue with some more immigration, though we should absolutely STOP ALL immigration to our country from the poor and uneducated because they do nothing to help the country at all. As a Anglo American, I can't even think about moving to Mexico without proving I can support myself. We should do the same thing and if not, then tough luck.
Who is saying the legal ones here right now don't assimilate? I keep hearing from the anti-immigrant crowd how wonderful and law abiding legal immigrants are, but yet they want to reward them by shutting the doors in their faces for how long?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Who is saying the legal ones here right now don't assimilate? I keep hearing from the anti-immigrant crowd how wonderful and law abiding legal immigrants are, but yet they want to reward them by shutting the doors in their faces for how long?
The reason that we need a moratorium on LEGAL immigration is because of the illegal alien invasion and to a lesser degree uncontrolled legal immigration. We gained 100 million people in 40 years due to legal immigrants and illegal aliens. If it were not for immigration-both legal and illegal we would have lost population. That is way too much for any country to absorb-even if every single one assimilated 100%.

We need a time out on everything. All illegals gone. Then once the time out is over-reevaluate exactly what level of legal immigration is needed in our country-what will benefit us but not at the detriment of US citizens and their jobs.

Just because we may want contolled legal immigration does not mean that we have a "problem" with legal immigrants-they are doing it the right way. The problem-if you can call it that-is with the our governement not regulating immigration so that it benefits it citizens and does not cost them jobs.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:54 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You are telling the truth and especially as long and the illegal lovers keep pushing for the illegals to get amnesty and to be treated the same as American citizens.
What is the difference with the Anti-illegal group? We have the same rights to feel the way we do.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:57 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,265,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
What is the difference with the Anti-illegal group? We have the same rights to feel the way we do.
The difference is - you are flaunting the LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY when you support illegal immigration.

And that, Sassy, is a BIG DIFFERENCE.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
The difference is - you are flaunting the LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY when you support illegal immigration.

And that, Sassy, is a BIG DIFFERENCE.
That is totally untrue. Tell me how I am flaunting the laws of this county, because that it an out and out lie.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles2003 View Post
Did Americans ever ask to be swamped with massive amounts of third world immigrants from Latin Americans bringing crime, violence, welfare-spending etc?

And I'm talking about both legal and illegal immigrants, both of whom leech off our social network.
Did Iraq ever say they would like us to invade their country? The answer is NO and we are still there and things are NOT better and our troops will be there for a long time. Did anyone ever think that our country is full of warmongers. The big wigs of this country do Not want to do a thing about immigration.
Oh, and we also have more than our share of Americans leaching off the system and welfare. Just because they are legal does not make me like any better paying for them either.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
We have traveled this road ad nauseam; and I don't have the time, nor the inclination to rehash. You know my position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or