U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If so, I obviously missed the posts suggesting we attack Mexico, kill those crossing the border, and then proceed to make their lives a living hell. Can you direct me to those posts on THIS thread?
Yesterday, 09:28 PM
[SIZE=5]sassyone[/SIZE]

1,210 posts, read 122,815 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar
If you steal, you violate our laws, and are labeled a thief. If you kill, you violate our laws, and are labeled a murderer. If you enter our country without adhering to the rules, you have violated our laws, and are labeled an illegal alien.

You flaunt the violation of our laws through your staunch support for those who flagrantly and arrogantly violate our laws. It's that simple.

None of the above imply of to me, and to the rest of your post I have not violated any law. You will notice that the people that you suggest are pro-illegal, do not suggest that we start a war with Mexico, shoot them as they come across the border, make their life a living hell...so I would say I'm on the good side.

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Here ya go Again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 09:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yesterday, 09:28 PM
[SIZE=5]sassyone[/SIZE]

1,210 posts, read 122,815 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar
If you steal, you violate our laws, and are labeled a thief. If you kill, you violate our laws, and are labeled a murderer. If you enter our country without adhering to the rules, you have violated our laws, and are labeled an illegal alien.

You flaunt the violation of our laws through your staunch support for those who flagrantly and arrogantly violate our laws. It's that simple.

None of the above imply of to me, and to the rest of your post I have not violated any law. You will notice that the people that you suggest are pro-illegal, do not suggest that we start a war with Mexico, shoot them as they come across the border, make their life a living hell...so I would say I'm on the good side.

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Here ya go Again
I guess we'll simply have to agree to disagree.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:10 AM

4,135 posts, read 9,116,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubsmom View Post
the june 30 results of a rasmussen telephone survey concerning american's views on immigration are instructive. Fully 63 percent of voters view gaining control of the border as a high priority - a result that bears out earlier surveys. Moreover, 32 percent of those surveyed identified themselves as "angry" about the immigration issue.

Voters paying attention to this issue know that since 2000, an estimated 10 million to 12 million immigrants have arrived, representing the highest seven-year period of immigration in u.s. History. If immigration were to continue at this rate, the nation's population would increase from 301 million today to 468 million in 2060, a 56 percent increase.

Research on the impact this is having on the u.s. Economy reveals that americans are spending between $11 billion and $22 billion on welfare to illegal immigrants each year by state governments. Of this, $2.2 billion a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps and free school lunches.

An estimated $2.5 billion a year is spent on medicaid.

Approximately $12 billion is spent on primary and secondary school education for children that are here illegally, many of whom cannot speak english.

Thirty percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal immigrants.

Native-born americans are losing an estimated $200 billion in wages that have been driven down by the influx of illegal immigrants.
Meanwhile, over the past five years, illegal immigrants sent home remittances estimated to be between $25 billion and $45 billion to their countries of origin.

guest opinion: U.s. Needs moratorium on virtually all immigration | online exclusive

nothing new, just what we've been saying all along.
agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGREED!
And lets call them what they are: ILLEGALS, not immigrants.
Legal immigration yes. Illegals, no.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:10 PM

105 posts, read 184,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What we need are realistic solutions, and what you are suggesting is not realistic in this political environment.
I agree. I don't honestly think that there are, on a personal level at least, too many people who truly "love" illegal immigration or actively support it. Something certainly needs to be done to better secure the borders, but the simple fact is that there are already millions of illegal immigrants here, our economy is dependent on them, and most of them are here to work, not to simply suck off the system--having "anchor babies" to be granted the "keys to the kingdom" as one poster put it in an unintentionally hilarious way. Unfortunately, rounding them up and deporting them all is only really feasible to those who have no grip on reality. It will never, ever happen.

However, I'd really be interested seeing in some real-world solutions or ideas to solve this complex problem, because something needs to be done.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt View Post
I agree. I don't honestly think that there are, on a personal level at least, too many people who truly "love" illegal immigration or actively support it. Something certainly needs to be done to better secure the borders, but the simple fact is that there are already millions of illegal immigrants here, our economy is dependent on them, and most of them are here to work, not to simply suck off the system--having "anchor babies" to be granted the "keys to the kingdom" as one poster put it in an unintentionally hilarious way. Unfortunately, rounding them up and deporting them all is only really feasible to those who have no grip on reality. It will never, ever happen.

However, I'd really be interested seeing in some real-world solutions or ideas to solve this complex problem, because something needs to be done.
Be prepared to be flamed, there is no room for opposing views in this immigration forum!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If so, I obviously missed the posts suggesting we attack Mexico, kill those crossing the border, and then proceed to make their lives a living hell. Can you direct me to those posts on THIS thread?
They were posted by more than one person and they were made by some of our hot headed members. If I come across it again I will post it for you.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:45 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:

Can you explain to me HOW our economy is dependent on illegal aliens?

Can you explain to me how those illegal aliens 'suck off the system' to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars ANNUALLY without intending to do so?

Can you explain to me why deporting them 'will never, ever happen?

Can you explain to me why 1.3 million illegal aliens LEFT THE COUNTRY in the past year?

Can you?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:34 AM

105 posts, read 184,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Can you explain to me HOW our economy is dependent on illegal aliens?

Can you explain to me how those illegal aliens 'suck off the system' to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars ANNUALLY without intending to do so?

Can you explain to me why deporting them 'will never, ever happen?

Can you explain to me why 1.3 million illegal aliens LEFT THE COUNTRY in the past year?

Can you?
Nope. There's really no point. You won't agree, and we'll have to agree to disagree. Simply, the point I was trying to make is that these people are HERE. If there's no work, they will leave--our economy is seeing to that, and that's a good thing. For the others that stay, you don't honestly think that the government is ever going to arrest and deport them on any large scale, do you? Talking about how these people are criminals, lawbreakers, etc. is correct, but it doesn't really change anything. Is a huge, permanent underclass in the country a good thing? I just haven't heard any practical solutions to the problem, and I'd like to.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:11 AM

3,072 posts, read 3,335,346 times
There are literally hundreds and thousands of prisoners serving time in jail for smaller crimes, some of whom are in a program known as "work release" where they are in a looser prison setting and go to work everyday, then come back to the facility for lock down. They are not guarded on the job, and they take city buses to the job or get rides. Why can't they do the jobs the illegals are doing? It just might deter further crime, the employers could pay the county and the jobs it is claimed only illegals can fill would be filled by American citizens.

Quote:

Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Nope. There's really no point. You won't agree, and we'll have to agree to disagree. Simply, the point I was trying to make is that these people are HERE. If there's no work, they will leave--our economy is seeing to that, and that's a good thing. For the others that stay, you don't honestly think that the government is ever going to arrest and deport them on any large scale, do you? Talking about how these people are criminals, lawbreakers, etc. is correct, but it doesn't really change anything. Is a huge, permanent underclass in the country a good thing? I just haven't heard any practical solutions to the problem, and I'd like to.
One thing that would 'entice' many of the illegals to leave would be to do away with the Anchor baby loophole----------no more birthright citizenship if both parents were here illegally.

Making English the official language would chase off more.

And; if course, enforce the existing laws pertaining to the above lawbreakers up to and seizing their assets upon deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or