U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:54 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
i'd love to hear the "john & ken " show today
so would I unfortunately, I'm still at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 02:32 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
California is on the verge of disintegration and yet the desires of illegal aliens and their mouth pieces are still getting preferential treatment. . . . wow .. . just wow.
Do I smell . . . AIDING AND ABETTING COMMON CRIMINALS?

Old 08-06-2008, 02:45 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
I'm beginnig to wonder if they will all simply just flee. I remember the uproar of 15 years ago, now it's as if they have completely succumb to what they deem a hopeless situation. Why they haven't gotten rid of Villagaroisa and Ahhnold is beyond comprehension.

Interested in hearing your thoughts/reasons why AZ and Nic!
I tend to agree with AzBear. As Azbear and others here have stated, if the economy weakens and more and more Americans are out out of work then people who currently have "sympathy" toward these illegal lawbreakers may no longer feel that way-especially if Americans are losing jobs, benefits, etc. because of illegal aliens. We are starting to see the clamping down on illegals in states like AZ, OK, etc. Hopefully it is just a matter of time before it reaches elsewhere.

California is just very different-at least to me. I do not understand the whole California mentality-Ahhnold, Villagarosia, Newsome and I am from NJ so believe me I understand corruption and political mess. It just seems that CA is even more of a haven for illegal aliens than NJ and that is pretty sad. Propositions pass with voters and are turned over by the liberal courts. Look at what Ahhnold has done-laying off and severely reducing state workers pay and refusing to acknowledge that illegal aliens cost the state a lot in money and quality of life. Will enough people in California finally wake up after this latest fiasco-laying off many workers and reducing their pay to minimum wage? I don't know enough about California-does the state need to be in complete and utter financial ruin before legitimate actions are taken to save the state ? I am not saying that the only contributor to the mess in CA is illegal aliens-of course there are other factors. However it seems to me the logical first step in saving a state in such a mess would be to cut off all illegals from everything. Why would that not make sense? Instead lets reduce state workers pay to minimum wage instead of cutting off freebies to people who do not belong here. Won't that just result in potentially putting more people on public assistance?

Maybe someone from CA can answer this for me-does Newsome still have a chance to be govenor? After his running of a sanctuary city which has resulted in innocent Americans being murdered- I really hope not. He has shown that he clearly has the best interests of illegal aliens and not Americans in mind.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Do I smell . . . AIDING AND ABETTING COMMON CRIMINALS?
Where's Benicar when you need her BINGO icon?

Old 08-06-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I tend to agree with AzBear. As Azbear and others here have stated, if the economy weakens and more and more Americans are out out of work then people who currently have "sympathy" toward these illegal lawbreakers may no longer feel that way-especially if Americans are losing jobs, benefits, etc. because of illegal aliens. We are starting to see the clamping down on illegals in states like AZ, OK, etc. Hopefully it is just a matter of time before it reaches elsewhere.

California is just very different-at least to me. I do not understand the whole California mentality-Ahhnold, Villagarosia, Newsome and I am from NJ so believe me I understand corruption and political mess. It just seems that CA is even more of a haven for illegal aliens than NJ and that is pretty sad. Propositions pass with voters and are turned over by the liberal courts. Look at what Ahhnold has done-laying off and severely reducing state workers pay and refusing to acknowledge that illegal aliens cost the state a lot in money and quality of life. Will enough people in California finally wake up after this latest fiasco-laying off many workers and reducing their pay to minimum wage? I don't know enough about California-does the state need to be in complete and utter financial ruin before legitimate actions are taken to save the state ? I am not saying that the only contributor to the mess in CA is illegal aliens-of course there are other factors. However it seems to me the logical first step in saving a state in such a mess would be to cut off all illegals from everything. Why would that not make sense? Instead lets reduce state workers pay to minimum wage instead of cutting off freebies to people who do not belong here. Won't that just result in potentially putting more people on public assistance?

Maybe someone from CA can answer this for me-does Newsome still have a chance to be govenor? After his running of a sanctuary city which has resulted in innocent Americans being murdered- I really hope not. He has shown that he clearly has the best interests of illegal aliens and not Americans in mind.
There are patches of Illinois that were sanctuary cities: Chicago, Elgin, Waukegan, Carpentersville and Evanston. With the exception of Chicago and Evanston, the tables have begun to turn.

I do, however, think you have hit upon something with your statement regarding the Propositions and liberal courts being a huge part of the problem in California. Chicago on the other hand and IRONICALLY, was declared a sanctuary city back in 1983 by Chicago's first black mayor. Back then, there were mainly Polish and Chinese illegals all of whom pretty much stay under the radar to this day. The influx of Mexicans began around 1996 and it hasn't stopped yet. They have taken over and are destroying vast segments of the south and north side. The gang and murder rates and crime in general in those neighborhoods are soaring as well. During that time, as their numbers grew so did the number of anchor babies in office, who now pretty much get everything they demand from the abysmal coward known as mayor Daley.

Thanks for your insight!

Old 08-06-2008, 03:21 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
Where's Benicar when you need her BINGO icon?
Maybe down at the local BINGO JOINT?

Old 08-06-2008, 03:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
i'd love to hear the "john & ken " show today
The John and Ken Show

Old 08-06-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Maybe down at the local BINGO JOINT?
Now you know you're gonna be in trouble when she gets back doncha?

Old 08-06-2008, 03:48 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
I'm waiting for the ordinance to supply pink fur lined shelters with mirrors and stripper poles for hookers.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:50 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I'm waiting for the ordinance to supply pink fur lined shelters with mirrors and stripper poles for hookers.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration