U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 02:18 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Jane Drury voted last year in an election in Stonington, Conn. The only problem is, she died eight years ago.

Her daughter, Jane Gumpel, thought someone must have goofed.

“I was surprised because this is not possible,” she said.
But it did happen. The town clerk’s record clearly shows Drury’s vote, marked by a horizontal line poll workers put next to her name. And it turns out Drury isn’t the only voter who apparently cast a ballot from the grave.
The issue of dead voters showing up on ballot records continues to be a problem for election administrators across the country.

Dead Voters Still Showing Up on Election Records, Puzzling Officials - America’s Election HQ (broken link)

Anybody but me think that illegal aliens are given these identities in order to vote? It happens in Illinois all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 02:59 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Of course it happens.

When we voted in 2004-the line was very long and we were in a very small building with twists and turns. As we waited in line, two people kept running back and forth by us. One had a clip board and a cell phone. When we got closer-to where they check your name off-there was a guy who had his own list there checking names off on his personal list as you checked in. I asked the woman working the polls who that guy was. I was told he was from moveon.org and he was allowed to be there-he could only look at the official list and compare it to his list. I later found out he was telling the women with the clip board who had not yet "checked-in". The "official story" was that they were going to call voters who had not checked in and see if they needed rides to the polls and/or remind them to vote. Sorry if I think this is b.s.-to me this is just a tool to be used for voter fraud. What is to say that they don't have people waiting outside and if the polls close at 7:00 and John Smith has not "checked-in" by 6:50, moveon.org could easily send in someone claiming to be John Smith at that point. Afterall, you don't need to show id to vote in NH.

After we voted that night, I called both the state dem and repub parties about what I witnessed. The dems could not wait to get me off the phone-they could have cared less. The repubs were not much better- they told me that they had received quite a few calls like mine but that what moveon.org was doing was in fact "legal". I was po'ed to say the least. Not only is this a tool to be used in voter fraud but talk about an invasion of privacy. What the hell gives anyone the right to look at the list to see if I voted or not?

Old 08-06-2008, 03:06 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Of course it happens.

When we voted in 2004-the line was very long and we were in a very small building with twists and turns. As we waited in line, two people kept running back and forth by us. One had a clip board and a cell phone. When we got closer-to where they check your name off-there was a guy who had his own list there checking names off on his personal list as you checked in. I asked the woman working the polls who that guy was. I was told he was from moveon.org and he was allowed to be there-he could only look at the official list and compare it to his list. I later found out he was telling the women with the clip board who had not yet "checked-in". The "official story" was that they were going to call voters who had not checked in and see if they needed rides to the polls and/or remind them to vote. Sorry if I think this is b.s.-to me this is just a tool to be used for voter fraud. What is to say that they don't have people waiting outside and if the polls close at 7:00 and John Smith has not "checked-in" by 6:50, moveon.org could easily send in someone claiming to be John Smith at that point. Afterall, you don't need to show id to vote in NH.

After we voted that night, I called both the state dem and repub parties about what I witnessed. The dems could not wait to get me off the phone-they could have cared less. The repubs were not much better- they told me that they had received quite a few calls like mine but that what moveon.org was doing was in fact "legal". I was po'ed to say the least. Not only is this a tool to be used in voter fraud but talk about an invasion of privacy. What the hell gives anyone the right to look at the list to see if I voted or not?
I know what you mean. I haven't experienced any shenanigans at the poll since I left Chicago and fortunately if there are any illegal aliens in my suburb, I don't know about it. I do however live near Argonne Labs and there are a lot of chemists and engineers here from India and Afghanistan. Since Argonne is a security clearance government facility, I can only hope they are all here legally.

I have no doubt that Bush's selection was nothing less than the hugest fraud perpetrated in American history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration