Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:15 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Oh thank you soooo much illegal aliens for stealing social security numbers and commiting id theft and fraud-how very kind of you to do that in the name of keeping social security solvent. It is unbelieveable that one can try to justify id fraud that way.

Hate and prejudice? Legal avenues of citizenship? Are we supposed to take the whole friggin country of Mexico? How about the whole friggin world? We take in more LEGAL immigrants than all other countries from around the world. Not to mention the 20-30+ million illegals who are here putting strain on our welfare, hospitals, schools etc. Any small amount illegals may pay in taxes is more than offset by the social services etc that they use. Not to mention the billions they send home out of the US economy.

We don't owe any other country a damn thing. Are you trying to justify illegals by saying that we don't allow enough legals? Then you throw around the "hate" and "prejudice"-how very original of you. Sorry but the majority of the members on this board and in this country are sick of excuses and threats by the pro-illegal lobby. We see through it-use all the labels that you want-it will not weaken our resolve.

Sorry but wanting laws enforced and borders secured in addition to wanting controlled legal immigration only makes us a smart country looking out for her citizens. It does not make us racist or hateful. Be careful, I am telling you, calling the most generous nation on earth those names only hurts your cause-it does not in anyway help it.
The point is the financial impact is not as negative as you might imagine. THe criminal aspect comesfrom the fact that there is no legal way of entry. Immigrants that are allowed to be included in the system have a much lower crime rate. Sever inequality and underground markets breed crime. Cooperation, understanding, and inclusiveness promote legal participation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:

We don't owe any other country a damn thing. Are you trying to justify illegals by saying that we don't allow enough legals? Then you throw around the "hate" and "prejudice"-how very original of you. Sorry but the majority of the members on this board and in this country are sick of excuses and threats by the pro-illegal lobby. We see through it-use all the labels that you want-it will not weaken our resolve.
And talk about labels? I'm not going to speak to you in particular, I don't keep track of who makes what comment, so I don't want to insult anyone in particular and lump them together. But many people on this board affiliate Mexicans with crime and dependence, which is itself also a label.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:30 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Actually it is this attitude that breeds resentment acroos the world. That we can ignore the plight of the world and live safely within our comfortable lifestyle, wether it be your next door neighbor, a couple neighbors or states over, or different countries. Humans have an obligation to care for other humans, no matter who they are. Just because you were lucky enough to be born into a situation, whether it be adeqaute money, education, parents, social networking, health, or ather advantages you may have. I'm not advocating communism, but an injection of humanism and sharing you better fortune and tolerance and understanding of others in differeing situation is to be expected. Otherwise, what is civilization for? Ipods and BMWs?

Again-are we supposed to take the whole friggin country of Mexico? The whole friggin world? What about Africa? They live much worse than those in Mexico. At least the people of Mexico have billions of dollars wired back to them from their relatives here.

What about the people of Mexico fight and work to make their country better? Too much sacrifice I guess.

What about poor Americans? You act like all Americans live the high life, don't struggle and were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Sorry it is not that way. Many Americans are born into horrible situations and work hard to get out of it without demanding others pull them out of the situation. Plenty of Americans stuggle and you know what they do. They legally work two or three jobs to better themselves. They don't break into another country, demand rights they don't deserve and then cry racism when they get caught breaking the law. So we should just give it all away just to "save the world" regardless of what it does to America or her citizens?-gotcha

Old 08-06-2008, 04:34 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
The point is the financial impact is not as negative as you might imagine. THe criminal aspect comesfrom the fact that there is no legal way of entry. Immigrants that are allowed to be included in the system have a much lower crime rate. Sever inequality and underground markets breed crime. Cooperation, understanding, and inclusiveness promote legal participation.
Legal immigration was designed to accomodate the NEEDS OF AMERICA. We do not need multiple bazillions of illiterate, illegal alien breeders and criminals. If we have any openings that they are qualified for in any of these categories, we'll be sure to let Mexico know. In the meantime, until their number comes up in our cue for perpetual useless tax draining criminals or abundant breeders, they need to spend their spare time at home demanding, jobs, human rights, and birth control from THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:37 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Again-are we supposed to take the whole friggin country of Mexico? The whole friggin world? What about Africa? They live much worse than those in Mexico. At least the people of Mexico have billions of dollars wired back to them from their relatives here.

What about the people of Mexico fight and work to make their country better? Too much sacrifice I guess.

What about poor Americans? You act like all Americans live the high life, don't struggle and were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Sorry it is not that way. Many Americans are born into horrible situations and work hard to get out of it without demanding others pull them out of the situation. Plenty of Americans stuggle and you know what they do. They legally work two or three jobs to better themselves. They don't break into another country, demand rights they don't deserve and then cry racism when they get caught breaking the law. So we should just give it all away just to "save the world" regardless of what it does to America or her citizens?-gotcha
Excellent post. Sorry I can't rep you!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:

Very well put and thanks for your post.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
And talk about labels? I'm not going to speak to you in particular, I don't keep track of who makes what comment, so I don't want to insult anyone in particular and lump them together. But many people on this board affiliate Mexicans with crime and dependence, which is itself also a label.
Not to mention the fact that so many illegal lovers continually label all people who happen to say they are against illegal immigration.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about that? I'm just talking about facing reality and acknolwedging the pressures in the world to help create an immigration policy that is inclusive of all people. To allow a humane policy for all. I suppose I'm not for moderation in all aspects of life, but I think a moderate policy in immgration is the most satisfactory for all parties at stake. Adequate enforcement of immigration laws by immigration officials and especially towards businesses (I think jail is a waste of US resources, sever fines, I mean SEVERE fines which would actually hurt the bottom line of major industries would be the best path IMO). However acknowledging th human face of immigration pressure is also definitely part of the policy. I don't think that is so severly "pro-illegal immigration". It is an attempt so solve both ends of the immigration equation. Opening the pipe of those wishing to come to the US to funnel them into non-underground status, but also decreasing the thirst for illegal demand for cheap labor, so helping the US and its neighboring countries solve their problems. By working together with countries, their leaders and population will also be more willing to work for our interests as well, enforcing their own borders taking suggestions on the best paths for economic and social developments. Making a more pro-American stance. When countries respect you, they are more willing to listen to you.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:41 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Americans were having a grand ole time reaping the rewards of mexican illegal labor, until the peasants spoke up.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Legal immigration was designed to accomodate the NEEDS OF AMERICA. We do not need multiple bazillions of illiterate, illegal alien breeders and criminals. If we have any openings that they are qualified for in any of these categories, we'll be sure to let Mexico know. In the meantime, until their number comes up in our cue for perpetual useless tax draining criminals or abundant breeders, they need to spend their spare time at home demanding, jobs, human rights, and birth control from THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT.
THis is a differing point of view. I think immigration policy and most international policies should serve not only the Us, but to a limited extent other countries as well. The US should be a globally concerned country, since it in fact reflects the face of globalization and the promises it can bring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration