Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:07 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Umm yeah. If you don't like someone, all you havta do is compare them to a terrorist or a Nazi and then they are EVIL!!! Talk about labeling and fear-mongering.
How am I a propagandist? I'm saying my POV, you are saying yours. We are both saying "propoganda" for our respective POVs.
Sorry, BB. Discussing policy is not spreading propaganda. Distorting policy is spreading propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
If employer A pays more, they will come, what did Americans expect would happen?

The point I made was Americans weren't crying about illegals until they marched. Nobody cared and probably still wouldn't care if they would have continued to fly under and be good lap dogs.
As you stated.

The illegals and their allies gambled------------and, lost. Now they need to 'man up' and leave the USA.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The peasants should have just taken it like good slaves and never spoke up, right?
That is correct: their insolence cost them dearly in 2006----------and, this is just the beginning, Mach50.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Umm yeah. If you don't like someone, all you havta do is compare them to a terrorist or a Nazi and then they are EVIL!!! Talk about labeling and fear-mongering.
How am I a propagandist? I'm saying my POV, you are saying yours. We are both saying "propoganda" for our respective POVs.
Don't let a few get under your skin, we are not all followers of their beliefs

I was accused of being an Illegal, LOL

Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

.............and, the (law enforcement) hammer is claiming more illegal immigrants and their enablers by the day

Old 08-06-2008, 06:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

I am sorry, Sassy. We are stating the LAW. Either you follow the rule of law or you don't. Those who don't are at risk of being criminally prosecuted and that is what is going on w/ the illegal immigrant issue.

We all are bound by the laws of our state and federal government. People who sneak over the border have broken the law. Plain and simple.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Wow, what a load of crappola! You pro-illegals make blanket statements that "Americans have reaped the benefits" and that "nobody got upset until the marches" and I call BS!!

I was upset 15 years ago when I saw my job's wages being driven into the gutter by illegal (and SHODDY) competition! I haven't reaped ANY benefits from this massive influx of criminal aliens! Y'all need to cut the crap!!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
.............and, the (law enforcement) hammer is claiming more illegal immigrants and their enablers by the day

Cannot hardly wait, I'm well aware of what the laws are.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
There have been so many cogent arguments, that I really don’t have much to add. However, I feel it’s important to mention the fact that the average American citizen was not privy to the illegal hiring practices of corporations. We bear no responsibility for unscrupulous employers hiring illegal aliens, anymore than we do for corporations outsourcing and insourcing jobs. Yes, we noticed an increase in the “immigrant” population. However, until the massive marches, most citizens did not realize the ‘new’ faces were in fact illegal aliens.

If illegal aliens were under the impression that their services would be required indefinitely, they simply erred in their judgment. If they, and their supporters want to blame anyone, they should blame the greedy employers, not the citizens of this country. We are the “true” victims.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There have been so many cogent arguments, that I really don’t have much to add. However, I feel it’s important to mention the fact that the average American citizen was not privy to the illegal hiring practices of corporations. We bear no responsibility for unscrupulous employers hiring illegal aliens, anymore than we do for corporations outsourcing and insourcing jobs. Yes, we noticed an increase in the “immigrant” population. However, until the massive marches, most citizens did not realize the ‘new’ faces were in fact illegal aliens.

If illegal aliens were under the impression that their services would be required indefinitely, they simply erred in their judgment. If they, and their supporters want to blame anyone, they should blame the greedy employers, not the citizens of this country. We are the “true” victims.

I agree with you and I do blame our goverment (that does not care) and the employers that hire them, I do not blame the Illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration