U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:32 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,906,149 times

Advertisements

EL PASO, Texas (AP) - An admitted drug smuggler shot by a pair of former U.S. Border Patrol agents was sentenced to nearly a decade in federal prison Wednesday.

Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, who was shot in the buttocks while fleeing from an abandoned marijuana load in 2005, was sentenced to 9 years in prison for his role in other smuggling efforts months after he was shot.

The sentence was issued a little more than a week after a federal appeals court upheld lengthy sentences for the former agents convicted in the shooting. Their case has drawn national attention, prompting several members of Congress to call on President Bush to commute their sentences or pardon them outright.

Aldrete pleaded guilty in April to two counts of possession with the intent to distribute a controlled substance, and one count each of conspiracy to import a controlled substance and conspiracy to possess a controlled substance.

Before being sentenced Aldrete, who spoke in Spanish, said he was not a career smuggler and asked for leniency.

"I don't do this for a living," Aldrete told U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone. "I did it again because I had to cover the debt" from the first failed smuggling attempt.

KVIA.com El Paso, Las Cruces - Weather, News, Sports - Aldrete Davila, man shot by BP agents, sentenced to 9 1/2 years

This pond scum got a shorter sentence than the Ramos and Compean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 04:54 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,707,774 times
HALLELUJAH, JDubsMom . . . there IS a God after all.

Great news . . . thanks for posting.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
HALLELUJAH, JDubsMom . . . there IS a God after all.

Great news . . . thanks for posting.
You're welcome. Even better news would be the release of Ramos and Compean. They have yet to receive any form of justice for protecting our borders. I am praying that eventually Johnny Sutton will be sentenced to jail with no time off for good behavior. These two border patrol agents and their families have been put through hell.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:13 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,001,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
EL PASO, Texas (AP) - An admitted drug smuggler shot by a pair of former U.S. Border Patrol agents was sentenced to nearly a decade in federal prison Wednesday.

Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, who was shot in the buttocks while fleeing from an abandoned marijuana load in 2005, was sentenced to 9 years in prison for his role in other smuggling efforts months after he was shot.

The sentence was issued a little more than a week after a federal appeals court upheld lengthy sentences for the former agents convicted in the shooting. Their case has drawn national attention, prompting several members of Congress to call on President Bush to commute their sentences or pardon them outright.

Aldrete pleaded guilty in April to two counts of possession with the intent to distribute a controlled substance, and one count each of conspiracy to import a controlled substance and conspiracy to possess a controlled substance.

Before being sentenced Aldrete, who spoke in Spanish, said he was not a career smuggler and asked for leniency.

"I don't do this for a living," Aldrete told U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone. "I did it again because I had to cover the debt" from the first failed smuggling attempt.

KVIA.com El Paso, Las Cruces - Weather, News, Sports - Aldrete Davila, man shot by BP agents, sentenced to 9 1/2 years

This pond scum got a shorter sentence than the Ramos and Compean.
His punishment fits his crime.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,313,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
His punishment fits his crime.
Proving that the punishment for the BP agents did not fit said crime. Thank you for finally admitting this.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Proving that the punishment for the BP agents did not fit said crime. Thank you for finally admitting this.
Haha hows that?

Damn, at least wait for a few posts to go in between before trying to twist my words to your message. Pathetic, lol.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Exactly. The insanity of the IA huggers/racially biased continues. In their eyes No mexican on American soil should ever be punished for their criminal actions.

I'd like to gift Mexico with adoption papers for the Mexicans known as Senors' Boosh, Sutton and Cheney. I'll even throw in Chicago's Mayor Daley as a "bonus".

Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly. The insanity of the IA huggers/racially biased continues. In their eyes No mexican on American soil should ever be punished for their criminal actions.

I'd like to gift Mexico with adoption papers for the Mexicans known as Senor Boosh, Johnny Sutton and Dick Cheney. I'll even throw in Chicago's Mayor Daley as a "bonus".
Racially biased? Arent the Border Patrol agents Mexican-American?
No Mexican on American soil should be punished for their criminal actions?

I just said the smuggler got a fitting punishment for his crime. Hes a Mexican.

I havent EVEN made commentary on Campos and Compean, since I haven't been following the story. But assuming I approved of their sentencing, they are Latinos.

HOw is that being racially biased and not wanting Mexicans to pay for their crimes?

Nexxxt.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:36 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,313,053 times
Quote:
Haha hows that?

Damn, at least wait for a few posts to go in between before trying to twist my words to your message. Pathetic, lol.
This happens to be the time I saw your post and why I replied to it. I always like to remind everyone how people's words get twisted like you and others do to many of us in here.

To the point though, the BP agents' sentence was not commensurate with their said crime at all.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Racially biased? Arent the Border Patrol agents Mexican-American?
No Mexican on American soil should be punished for their criminal actions?

I just said the smuggler got a fitting punishment for his crime. Hes a Mexican.

I havent EVEN made commentary on Campos and Compean, since I haven't been following the story. But assuming I approved of their sentencing, they are Latinos.

HOw is that being racially biased and not wanting Mexicans to pay for their crimes?

Nexxxt.
Um no they ARE AMERICANS of mexican descent. There IS A DIFFERENCE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration