U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Can be interpreted as anti-Hispanic, and so can Benicar's support of this article. I UNDERSTAND that Benicar is usually not anti-Hispanic; but rather, anti-illegal immigration, but with all due respect Benicar, you are really walking a dangerous line when endorsing anti-Hispanic rhetoric like this.
Can also be interpreted that the perpetrators of the phenomenon (those Hispanics that the article highlights and discusses) are anti-Hispanic. They are the ones who appear to be making their group look bad. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 04:55 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
No you haven't. Re-read my post.
I was speaking of another thread. Don't make me look it up.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:55 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I believe we (those in favor of enforcing the laws of sovereign nation) have been accused of all being the same poster, because our views align so perfectly and we know ITA means. That may be part of the confusion.
So true . . . notice how when called on the carpet when proof is presented that clearly disputes their claims they change the subject or avoid it all together.

I won't hold my breath waiting for Crisp to comment on the statistical data I posted for his/her review.

Quote:
:
Hispanic growth fueled by higher fertility rates
Quote:
The Associated Press
Friday, May 9th 2008, 10:20 AM
WASHINGTON — Hispanic women born in the United States are more likely to have children out of wedlock than women who are immigrant Hispanics or non-Hispanics, according to an analysis released by Pew Hispanic Center Thursday.
[b]Hispanic women generally, both U.S.-born and immigrants, have higher fertility rates than non Hispanics — 84 births per 1,000 Hispanic women compared with 63 per 1,000 non-Hispanic women.

The differences can also be found between Hispanic women born in this country — 73 births per 1,000 women — and immigrant Hispanic women — 96 per 1,000 women.

Hispanics are now 15.1 percent of the U.S. population, according to Census data released last week.
Their numbers are growing more because of births than immigration.

One-in-four children under 5 years old in the U.S. is Hispanic, the Census Bureau reported.
These numbers are likely to fuel growth of the Hispanic population in this country.
One of the more surprising findings in the Pew study was the difference in out-of-wedlock births when comparing Hispanic women born in this country and Hispanic women who are immigrants.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
Quote:
Especially if someone has a manic predeliction for that sort of interpretation.
Sure, but search my post history and then tell me that this applies to me. I have a solid reputation on this forum of not being too one-sided, speaking rationally, and giving credit (to people of BOTH camps) where credit is due. "Anti-illegal" people like Benicar, macmeal, and GuyPinestra will tell you that I have agreed with them on some of their points and am able to see both sides of the issue. If I have ever cried racism or discrimination or anything like that, please pull up an old post of mine and show it to me! This is the first time I have ever spoken out against clear anti-Hispanic rhetoric.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Can also be interpreted that the perpetrators of the phenomenon (those Hispanics that the article highlights and discusses) are anti-Hispanic. They are the ones who appear to be making their group look bad. Just a thought.
I agree. Hispanics routinely make other Hispanics look bad and I speak out against them. I routinely criticize the gangbanging cholos, the dropouts, the criminals, and the anti-American and racist La Raza / Aztlan crowd.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So true . . . notice how when called on the carpet when proof is presented that clearly disputes their claims they change the subject or avoid it all together.

I won't hold my breath waiting for Crisp to comment on the statistical data I posted for his/her review.
What do you want me to say? Hispanics have a higher birthrate. Why would I be freaking out about that?!?

Old 08-08-2008, 05:10 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
I believe we (those in favor of enforcing the laws of sovereign nation) have been accused of all being the same poster, because our views align so perfectly and we know ITA means. That may be part of the confusion.
I guess I am out of the loop. What does ITA mean?

Old 08-08-2008, 05:11 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
What do you want me to say? Hispanics have a higher birthrate. Why would I be freaking out about that?!?
But they can't or won't take care of them themselves and depend on our freebies. That is what you and others should be freaking out about, our tax dollars going for their kids and for them, since they are the parents.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Could easily be interpreted as anti-Mexican or anti-Hispanic (because this is in reference to "the children of illegal immigrants" who are raised in this country and attending American schools)
Stats from the US Department of Education show that hispanic students have the highest dropout rate of any group.

Fast Facts

Old 08-08-2008, 05:17 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Stats from the US Department of Education show that hispanic students have the highest dropout rate of any group.

Fast Facts
The families don't seem to care as much about education. I guess why should they would be the question. I mean, they collect all of the freebies they can and they do quite well what with living 3-4 families in an abode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration