U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:39 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,272,188 times

Advertisements

-Forumers talk about "Hispanics"
-Crisp444 suspects possible anti-Hispanic rhetoric and tells forumers to start talking about "illegal immigrants" and not "Hispanics"
-Andreabeth tells crisp444 that HE is talking about "Hispanics" and to choose whether or not he is talking about "Hispanics" or "illegal immigrants"
-Crisp444 writes this post in order to emphasize that he started this whole discussion to tell people that they should focus on "illegal immigrants" and NOT "Hispanics" - THAT is what I want, andreabeth - I want people to stop blurring the line between the two groups!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 05:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Don't be embarrassed, I know you can't help yourself. Don't believe me? all you have to do is pull up my posts, the evidence is there.

Don't worry, I won't have you deported for such a minor infraction.

What are you even talking about? Demonstrate what you are talking about, please, Jdubs.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
-Forumers talk about "Hispanics"
-Crisp444 suspects possible anti-Hispanic rhetoric and tells forumers to start talking about "illegal immigrants" and not "Hispanics"
-Andreabeth tells crisp444 that HE is talking about "Hispanics" and to choose whether or not he is talking about "Hispanics" or "illegal immigrants"
-Crisp444 writes this post in order to emphasize that he started this whole discussion to tell people that they should focus on "illegal immigrants" and NOT "Hispanics" - THAT is what I want, andreabeth - I want people to stop blurring the line between the two groups!

Once again:
Quote:
You know, I rarely speak out and say that people on here are anti-Hispanic or anti-Mexican. I understand that the issue to most people is that of illegal immigration and that it is just consequential that Latinos are disproportionately represented in this group. However, this thread is a very sad one in the immigration forum's history because it has CLEAR anti-Hispanic rhetoric. You people talking about Hispanics as if they are poor, drop out, baby producing imbaciles are a disgrace to the American people. For probably the first time in my posting history I am truly offended, and am shamed at the thought that people who think like you compose a substantial amount of the American populace. Now THAT is scary!
What if it is the truth? Hispanics DO have the highest dropout rate. How can you accuse someone of being 'anti-hispanic' if what they say is the truth?

Quote:
(Originally Posted by Lakewooder)
bluebeard if they weren't speaking Spanish and not dropping out of school - both of which cause chaos for the citizen students, most people would probably not care as much

(posted by crisp)
Could easily be interpreted as anti-Mexican or anti-Hispanic (because this is in reference to "the children of illegal immigrants" who are raised in this country and attending American schools)
Is a person supposed to lie and say, "There is no high school dropout problem among hispanic students" to appease you?
Sorry, I call them as I see them.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,272,188 times
It doesn't offend me that certain Hispanics in this country have problems. It offends me that people blur the line people Hispanics and illegal immigrants. You can post all the statistics you want about "Hispanics" but you will still be talking about a group that is quite different from the group "illegal immigrants." No one needs to appease me; people just need to recognize the line between these two groups.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
It doesn't offend me that certain Hispanics in this country have problems. It offends me that people blur the line people Hispanics and illegal immigrants. You can post all the statistics you want about "Hispanics" but you will still be talking about a group that is quite different from the group "illegal immigrants." No one needs to appease me; people just need to recognize the line between these two groups.
You should plead your case to: ACLU, LaRaza, LuLac, the Americans of Mexican descent who marched with the illegal aliens and waved Mexican flags, the MSM, Jesse Jackson and everybody else who has benefitted financially by jumping on the taxpayer funded bandwagon in support of amnesty for illegals. It is the constant blurring of the lines of all of those I mentioned (and a few that I have not) who have lumped all of you in the category of "hispanics" in order to make your numbers appear larger and to portray our fight against illegal immigration as one based on racial profiling and discrimination.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:28 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You should plead your case to: ACLU, LaRaza, LuLac, the Americans of Mexican descent who marched with the illegal aliens and waved Mexican flags, the MSM, Jesse Jackson and everybody else who has benefitted financially by jumping on the taxpayer funded bandwagon in support of amnesty for illegals. It is the constant blurring of the lines of all of those I mentioned (and a few that I have not) who have lumped all of you in the category of "hispanics" in order to make your numbers appear larger and to portray our fight against illegal immigration as one based on racial profiling and discrimination.
It was in fact Janet Murguia, the pimpest of La Raza, who stated that opposition to illegal immigration is the same as opposition to Hispanics in general. According to her, there is no difference. Of course, we all know they are NOT the same; just as “legal” immigrants are not the same as “illegal” aliens.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It was in fact Janet Murguia, the pimpest of La Raza, who stated that opposition to illegal immigration is the same as opposition to Hispanics in general. According to her, there is no difference. Of course, we all know they are NOT the same; just as “legal” immigrants are not the same as “illegal” aliens.
Now that the plot didn't have the desired effect, they want to whine, weep and wail about the undesired outcome. Oops, too late now, the backlash is in full swing.

Too bad Janet underestimated the American people. She was so arrogant and self assured that she didn't bother to devise a Plan B, now they're toast.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:38 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Wow. Just wow.
I HOPE they are right in their belief that youre not really Hispanic, because if you are, and you believe in THAT..
Even people who are NOT Hispanic and believe in that are a few eggs short of a dozen.
All you have to do is read the words of the spokespeople for illegal aliens, amc. I didn't make up those quotes I posted, they're REAL. I have family and friends IN MEXICO who repeat these things to me when they hear them DOWN THERE. Read some of the Raza Studies textbooks, there's some really interesting ones down in Tucson. Just look at the DATA, for God's sakes, you'd have to be blind AND crazy not to see what's happening.

Sorry if you don't like it, but that's the way it is, and all the denials in the world can't change that FACT.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:12 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Perhaps it should offend you.
One of the common refrains of people in favor of amnesty (by whatever name you wish to call it) is that while the illegal alien parents will be uneducated and prob. require gov. support of some form for the rest of their lives, the next generation (or generation after that) will speak English, complete HS, go to college, get good paying jobs and so forth. In short, they will become an asset to society rather then a burden.
The high number of hispanics that do not complete HS, coupled with a high rate of teen pregnancy leaves me wondering whether this will be the case. I suspect that the majority of the students who drop out are not 6th generation hispanic-Americans but rather the children of families who have arrived in the US relatively recently. If, as the illegal aliens claim, they 'only want a better life for their family' it would seem to me that there would be very strong impetus to see to it that their children complete HS at the least. Having children while a single teen would also be frowned upon.
Instead of adopting behavior that would enable them to move up the socioeconomic ladder, dropping out of HS, having a kid at age 15, joining gangs and so on will result in little more than a group that will remain dependent on government largesse in perpetuity. In short, another underclass. We don't need this and we should not want it.
The counter argument will be that we need to give them 'more time'. They may not get their act together until the 3rd or 4th generation. The difficulty with that is that we do not have that kind of time to support millions who are basically unable to make it without a hand from the US taxpayer. From what I have read, a number of our benefit programs are in trouble. Adding another number of millions who will need assitance will only hasten tehir demise.
Please explain to me how amnesty for millions of illegal aliens is going to benefit the US. To date, I have not seen much that makes me think it will. I already know that it is a great deal for them. How does this benefit my country? Because at the end of the day, the immigration policy of [i]any[/] country has to have that as it's goal. The immigration policy of Canada has to benefit Canadian citizens, the immigration policy of New Zealand has to benefit their citizens. We should expect no less from US immigration policy.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:04 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,340,555 times
We have a high drop out rate? Better burn that Masters and get myself on the street selling oranges...Maybe I'm just an uppity "Hispanic American" that doesn't know my place...

Did it ever occur to you that the illegals skew this drop out rate/number?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration