Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
According to the latest available data in 2004, Hispanics are the biggest WIC users at 39.2 percent versus 34.6 percent for whites and 20 percent for blacks.
What are all those whites doing getting WIC??!! I thought only Hispanics and blacks had bunches of kids and no birth control!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 04:44 PM

6 posts, read 14,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
What are all those whites doing getting WIC??!! I thought only Hispanics and blacks had bunches of kids and no birth control!
Actually, if you look at those percentages, Whites are underrepresented where-as, Blacks and Hispanics (as usual) are overrespented.

If you look at the food stamp rates, it's even worse with Whites being vastly underrepsented and Blacks being overrespented. I guess it's just like this country's violent crime rates.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/fsp/faqs.htm#20 (broken link)
Quote:
41 percent of participants are white; 36 percent are African-American, non-Hispanic; 18 percent are Hispanic; 3 percent are Asian, 2 percent are Native American, and 1 percent are of unknown race or ethnicity.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:29 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,743,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfInLA View Post
Actually, if you look at those percentages, Whites are underrepresented where-as, Blacks and Hispanics (as usual) are overrespented.

If you look at the food stamp rates, it's even worse with Whites being vastly underrepsented and Blacks being overrespented. I guess it's just like this country's violent crime rates.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/fsp/faqs.htm#20 (broken link)
You are SO correct. Most people don't understand the numbers. Yes, there are more white people on welfare than blacks. That's becaue the population is 80 percent white! But when you look at percentages of whites, blacks, hispanics on welfare then it's very low for whites and very high for the others. So looking at those statistics where yo provided the link.... it looks as though white make up 41 percent of the participants, yet are 80 percent of the population. In contrast, blacks are 12 percent of the population and account for 36 percent of the food stamps and 18 percent Hispanic.... whites are drastically underrepresented and the others are getting way more than what they represent in the population.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
You are SO correct. Most people don't understand the numbers. Yes, there are more white people on welfare than blacks. That's becaue the population is 80 percent white! But when you look at percentages of whites, blacks, hispanics on welfare then it's very low for whites and very high for the others. So looking at those statistics where yo provided the link.... it looks as though white make up 41 percent of the participants, yet are 80 percent of the population. In contrast, blacks are 12 percent of the population and account for 36 percent of the food stamps and 18 percent Hispanic.... whites are drastically underrepresented and the others are getting way more than what they represent in the population.
Actually, Whites are 60-60% of the population and rapidly declining do to horrible immigration policy that favors non-White, uneducated, immigrants (both legal and illegal).

Don't worry, the almost 300 years of European migration has singlehandled been destroyed since the 1970s and the 1965 immigration act.

Nothing will change and we'll continue to fall until we turn into a Third World hellhole like South Africa where Whites live in gated communities do to the incredibly violent and senseless crime.

The sound immigration policies of the United States and political correctness...

Old 01-28-2007, 11:32 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Maybe you should all think of ways to FIX this problem, rather than just sitting around & b-tching about it! I'm not talking about illegal immigration, I'm referring to social issues among the lower-income & minority communities (like WIC/welfare use). I've done my part by working in education, in an attempt to improve the future of my students... I'm not saying that to get "brownie points", but to answer before someone asks "What have you done?". I also take action every voting day, by making sure I support the issues that I believe will help. Anyone else have ideas, which actually involve leaving the computer?

Old 01-29-2007, 04:32 AM

652 posts, read 2,803,690 times
If there's anybody who seriously believes that illegals are not scamming the system for billions of dollars a year, you need to turn off your television and research some basic facts.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:22 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
Default Food stamps and luxury cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
We used to be floored by the number of immigrants near us who were buying groceries with food stamps and then loading the groceries into luxury cars.
There are two possibilities here: The person with the luxury car gave the person with the food stamps cash and got the food stamps in exchange...
Or...
The person with the luxury car is not married (ha ha) but has a "boyfriend" who happens to have a luxury car --
Let's talk about that luxury car. While married we made A TON of money. I left my husband and had to take the car ... a Land Rover. Top of the line. We were forced to get Wic and any assistance we could until I found employment. Prior to that I was a stay at home mom. So that luxury car may not indicate the status of the driver/rider.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:01 AM

146 posts, read 571,954 times
Default Social Action / FAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe you should all think of ways to FIX this problem, rather than just sitting around & b-tching about it! I also take action every voting day, by making sure I support the issues that I believe will help. Anyone else have ideas, which actually involve leaving the computer?
I like your idea of making a positive difference. (Of course the problem arises when groups disagree about what's positive. Your own governor thinks that giving universal healthcare to illegal aliens would be good thing, as if the California taxpayers aren't giving enough). Educating the public helps "fix the problem", and yes, doing so through a forum counts.

More writing to political representatives would be helpful, more writing to the mainstream news media could make a difference too. Too often, the minority viewpoint in an issue is most vocal. Rest assured than LULAC is organized; those opposing EBT for illegals need to be organized as well, check out the FAIR organization to start.

No need to leave the computer for those who choose not to--the pen being mightier than the sword and all.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe you should all think of ways to FIX this problem, rather than just sitting around & b-tching about it! I'm not talking about illegal immigration, I'm referring to social issues among the lower-income & minority communities (like WIC/welfare use).
I think we should just stop allowing uneducated Third world people into the country. I think most people would have a hard time argueing that there is not a unique American identity, and that unique identity is being destroyed by massive, uncontrolled, uneducated, poor, crime-ridden, gang-bringing, Third World immigration.

It's about time to say America's closed and that we have enough people and it's time to care for our own. Allow immigration from the educated who have an assert, not those who pump out kids and live off the system. How many more murders and MS-13 gang members do we need?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Although the census does not capture it all clearly, here are the 2000 figures:

http://www.med.umich.edu/gcrc/demographics/USA-demograph.html (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfInLA View Post
Actually, Whites are 60-60% of the population and rapidly declining do to horrible immigration policy that favors non-White, uneducated, immigrants (both legal and illegal).

Don't worry, the almost 300 years of European migration has singlehandled been destroyed since the 1970s and the 1965 immigration act.

Nothing will change and we'll continue to fall until we turn into a Third World hellhole like South Africa where Whites live in gated communities do to the incredibly violent and senseless crime.

The sound immigration policies of the United States and political correctness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration