U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:49 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,375,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post
It seems a lot of the time I'm at the grocery store I'm always stuck behind someone with food stamps. I looked at the Foodstamp website which stated the demographics of people on food stamps (which came as no surprise to me when they broke it down by race); however, with all the talk about immigration... How can people come here and just leech off our government?

How is it a sound immigration policy? I was behind someone who had a purchase over $100, didn't speak English (Spoke Arabic), and they couldn't get her food stamp card to work.

Yup, America, bringing in the best and brightest indeed. I love it that my tax dollars goes to subsidize another countries' offspring.
The reason illegals get food stamps is because th ACLU (aka. The Anti-American Coalition for Loser Americans) has pushed court cases for illegals to get welfare and food stamps.

Now American citizens of ANY race go to the welfare office and they are looked upon as scumbags and lazy people.

American immigration policy can only be described by this acrtoon:

http://www.parleyhellewell.com/asay/welfare_sm.gif (broken link)

Sad but true. Unless we enforce existing Immigration laws, America will become a mixture of Mexican culture with European laziness/welfare system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 02:53 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,995,238 times
So why are the laws not enforced?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:12 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
I posted this in another thread. This is why I believe our immigration laws are not enforced.

My take on the whole illegal immigration infestation is three-fold:

1. Globalists like George Bush want to erase the borders between the U.S. Canada and Mexico and turn the entire continent into one big market economy.

2. Big Business, which contributes a great deal of cash to various political candidates, boyh Republican and Democrat, likes illegal immigration because cheap (slave) labor makes for bigger profits. Politicians must support illegal immigration in order to keep Big Business kicking big ol' contributions their way.

3. Each party thinks that if they support amnesty for the illegal incursion, they will end up with the lion's share of the Hispanic vote because of their pandering.

Please notice that compassion for those less fortunate is nowhere on that list. That's because if this issue were about compassion for the poor, we would be arguing about legalizing millions of African immigrants rather than Mexican. It all boils down to...money and power. Big surprise.

The amnesty in 1986 was supposed to be "the last one." Politicians like Ted "My Head is Too Big for My Body" Kennedy swore to the American people that if they gave amnesty in 1986, Washington would secure the borders and enforce our immigration laws and they would never require amnesty again, so help them God. It didn't even take them 20 years to renege on that promise.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,131 times
have you or anyone you respect ever been upside down on your car loan? have you ever tried to trade it in for a cheaper vehicle and found that you would have to fork over a few grand to cover the difference? have you or anyone you respect ever earned a high salary for many years, and dutifully paid taxes during that time, and then been unexpectedly let go from a job? At that time did you/they have obligations that they had entered into when more financially secure? In such a scenario - what is one to do? Should they let their vehicle get repossesed and then have not means of looking for work or transporting their family? If someone suddenly does need assistance, assistance which they have paid into over the years - and benefits are suddenly available to them - should they not take the help, and instead let their family suffer instead? Do you know WHY 'WIC paid for ALL the groceries'? because it is a program designed to help children and pregnant women get economic versions of the nutrition that they need. Milk, Eggs, Cheese, peanut butter, beans, cereals, fruit juices and in some cases formula or carrots. WIC doesn't pay for anything on the menu - just those basics, and all with restrictions. you would be surprised what incomes qualify for this program... I know all of this because I was earning 80000 a year, had a nice home and a nice car, had my taxes paid on time and everything lined up. Then, pregnant just weeks - I was the product of a layoff due to outsourcing (concerned about WIC recipients in OUR country when our jobs are moving to India and China for pennies on the dollar to other countries!?) and we found ourselves with one income and young child. I don't know if you've heard, but the country is in a recession, job markets and opportunities are shrinking, and the more money you earned before losing your position, the longer it WILL take you to find another job - regardless of the income you seek to replace. Think back to a time when you were judged for an aspect of your life, circumstances or personality. Didn't you think to yourself all of the reasons that you were at least predominantly justified? Didn't you wish that judgers would give you a break? Things aren't always "obvious" in your sum-up of people you see who are having a harder time than you. Best wishes that you or someone you now respect won't some day be in those straits yourself. As to the topic of color and race... you devalue your own race just by using these facts in your examples.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:49 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourshoulder View Post
have you or anyone you respect ever been upside down on your car loan? have you ever tried to trade it in for a cheaper vehicle and found that you would have to fork over a few grand to cover the difference? have you or anyone you respect ever earned a high salary for many years, and dutifully paid taxes during that time, and then been unexpectedly let go from a job? At that time did you/they have obligations that they had entered into when more financially secure? In such a scenario - what is one to do? Should they let their vehicle get repossesed and then have not means of looking for work or transporting their family? If someone suddenly does need assistance, assistance which they have paid into over the years - and benefits are suddenly available to them - should they not take the help, and instead let their family suffer instead? Do you know WHY 'WIC paid for ALL the groceries'? because it is a program designed to help children and pregnant women get economic versions of the nutrition that they need. Milk, Eggs, Cheese, peanut butter, beans, cereals, fruit juices and in some cases formula or carrots. WIC doesn't pay for anything on the menu - just those basics, and all with restrictions. you would be surprised what incomes qualify for this program... I know all of this because I was earning 80000 a year, had a nice home and a nice car, had my taxes paid on time and everything lined up. Then, pregnant just weeks - I was the product of a layoff due to outsourcing (concerned about WIC recipients in OUR country when our jobs are moving to India and China for pennies on the dollar to other countries!?) and we found ourselves with one income and young child. I don't know if you've heard, but the country is in a recession, job markets and opportunities are shrinking, and the more money you earned before losing your position, the longer it WILL take you to find another job - regardless of the income you seek to replace. Think back to a time when you were judged for an aspect of your life, circumstances or personality. Didn't you think to yourself all of the reasons that you were at least predominantly justified? Didn't you wish that judgers would give you a break? Things aren't always "obvious" in your sum-up of people you see who are having a harder time than you. Best wishes that you or someone you now respect won't some day be in those straits yourself. As to the topic of color and race... you devalue your own race just by using these facts in your examples.
Ok, here's the problem. Our programs are intended for Americans. Americans that need help.

Situation 1 - A pregnant Illegal Alien runs across the border and has the child here. The child is now an American by default and now qualifies for all those programs setup for poor Americans. Now I don't know about you but I think that scenario isn't what our programs were originally intended for? That child by all accounts should be classified as a citizen of their home Country. This is abuse plain and simple.
If the mother spaces out the berthings of more children the drain of tax payer money just keeps happening.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Solution for the illegal, no food stamps, no WIC, no free health care and a free bus ride back to Mexico.

Solution for the others, mandatory permanent sterilization or at least Norplant implants if they wish to receive any kind of welfare handouts.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Solution for the illegal, no food stamps, no WIC, no free health care and a free bus ride back to Mexico.

Solution for the others, mandatory permanent sterilization or at least Norplant implants if they wish to receive any kind of welfare handouts.
I'd be up for that, it would stop the chain welfare.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:36 AM

147 posts, read 186,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

I know in New York there is a program called WEP. I believe the acronym stands for work employment program. When a person recieves welfare they MUST work for the check. Has anyone ever seen a Mexican woman working for her check. No. Do you know why? Because they know exactly how to work the system. They know that if they're pregnant they will not be forced to work so they stay pregnant. Sterilization sounds like a plan to me..

Old 06-25-2009, 07:08 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
illegals do get food stamps. you give em to the kid, people 2 feet tall are not issued EBT at the welfare office, mom is, she is from mexico no papers.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You obviously have the problem many others have, of not differentiating between "immigrant" and "illegal". If they are a legal immigrant, they can receive government assistance... and speaking English isn't a requirement of citizenship. Like it or not, that's how the law stands!
I beg your pardon!!! Speaking English is a requirement of citizenship. One is supposed to be able to speak a modicam of English to pass the citizenshiop test. Maybe you should learn the law before spouting misstatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or