U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:29 PM

24 posts, read 2,069 times

Advertisements

It seems a lot of the time I'm at the grocery store I'm always stuck behind someone with food stamps. I looked at the Foodstamp website which stated the demographics of people on food stamps (which came as no surprise to me when they broke it down by race); however, with all the talk about immigration... How can people come here and just leech off our government?

How is it a sound immigration policy? I was behind someone who had a purchase over $100, didn't speak English (Spoke Arabic), and they couldn't get her food stamp card to work.

Yup, America, bringing in the best and brightest indeed. I love it that my tax dollars goes to subsidize another countries' offspring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 07:15 PM

173 posts, read 283,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post
It seems a lot of the time I'm at the grocery store I'm always stuck behind someone with food stamps. I looked at the Foodstamp website which stated the demographics of people on food stamps (which came as no surprise to me when they broke it down by race); however, with all the talk about immigration... How can people come here and just leech off our government?

How is it a sound immigration policy? I was behind someone who had a purchase over $100, didn't speak English (Spoke Arabic), and they couldn't get her food stamp card to work.

Yup, America, bringing in the best and brightest indeed. I love it that my tax dollars goes to subsidize another countries' offspring.
The illegal alien's ticket to the resources we Americans have put aside for our children and grandchildren, is the baby stroller. As soon as they have a baby, their family has won the golden egg. And the rest is history.

My Granddaughter is working her way through collage here in California. An illegal alien's granddaughter will not have to work, because her Granddaughter is an illegal alien and has financial aid. My Granddaughter had to work all Christmas day. The illegal alien's Granddaughter will spend the day with her family. Isn't that special........ Am I happy about this injustice? No way.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 PM

5,581 posts, read 8,052,904 times
We used to be floored by the number of immigrants near us who were buying groceries with food stamps and then loading the groceries into luxury cars.

There are two possibilities here: The person with the luxury car gave the person with the food stamps cash and got the food stamps in exchange...

Or...

The person with the luxury car is not married (ha ha) but has a "boyfriend" who happens to have a luxury car --

Old 01-27-2007, 02:17 AM

634 posts, read 2,015,719 times
Welcome to the 'Kwa.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:17 AM

24,822 posts, read 28,707,674 times
You obviously have the problem many others have, of not differentiating between "immigrant" and "illegal". If they are a legal immigrant, they can receive government assistance... and speaking English isn't a requirement of citizenship. Like it or not, that's how the law stands!

Old 01-27-2007, 04:19 AM

24,822 posts, read 28,707,674 times
P.S. I hate that my taxes go to an unjust war & corrupt politicians, while our schools are struggling to survive... but we can't win 'em all, can we?

Old 01-27-2007, 04:59 AM

503 posts, read 1,272,444 times
Here in Florida you can not get public assistance for yourself if you are illegal, if you have a child that is born here the child only is eligible. If you are an illegal you are not eligible for any kind of assistance except for emergency medical care. Some charities help with medical non emergency but these are funded by donations.
All children are able to attend the public schools all over the country.
If you see a late model vehicle with people using food stamps, its more than likely its someone that has brought them to the store. I have driven many people to different agencies and to the grocery. Student loans, financial aid, scholarships, are helpful to anyone going to college, what makes you think its just illegals getting them? I would rather help with education than pay for someone on welfare that can't get a job because he/she lacks an education. I am starting to wonder how many people think they can recognize a illegal or a legal. Is the criteria not speaking English? Is it that they are brown?
Is it they wear funny clothes, what is it?

Old 01-27-2007, 07:12 AM

1,607 posts, read 7,289,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post

I'm with you! I can't stand that. There are so many incidents like that and I witness them as well.

For example, one day in line at the grocery store (in Las Vegas) a pregnant Hispanic mother was in front of me with another little one at her side (around 5 years old). She spoke all in Spanish, so did her daughter and when it came time to pay she got it all free through the WIC program I couldn't believe it. This person doesn't even speak our language and her groceries were free! On the other hand, I'm behind her buying some of the same things for my family, born here, pay taxes, speak English and I had to fork over the money. What's wrong with this picture???

Old 01-27-2007, 08:41 AM

146 posts, read 405,383 times
Default Illegals Cost Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. I hate that my taxes go to an unjust war & corrupt politicians, while our schools are struggling to survive... but we can't win 'em all, can we?
Our schools are struggling to survive because they've been forced to serve students who are not United States citizens and not here legally.

"Serving a student" means paying for their education and most school districts spend between $5,800 to $8,500 in taxpayer money a year per kid. Multiply that figure by millions of illegal alien students and you get an idea of why schools are struggling. Of course, that figure only represents state and local tax monies, then there's all the Title I funds from the federal coffers.

Our own kids would have a much better education without the corrupting presence of illegal aliens in the schools.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:45 AM

173 posts, read 283,131 times
How can you tell if someone is an illegal? Can't know for sure, but you have a pretty good clue if they speak in Spanish, and buy their groceries with food stamps/card, and you are in an area where slave labor is used.

In California where I live, the illegals are displacing the working poor CITIZENS by taking up all of the lower cost housing, overloading the schools, overloading the emergency rooms with the typical winter colds. They are taking over the parks, overfilling the after-school programs(free babysitters) and etc. You know, all of the usual.

Maybe the illegals are not "eligible" for benefits, but they still "get" those benefits.

I was at a vegetable stand on the out skirts of town here, looking over some delicious looking fruits and vegetables. That delicious looking food was priced too high for my budget. Well, up pulls a pickup. Two young women get out of the truck. They have a baby and three little kids. They went around loading up their plastic bags with the very food I had just been drooling about. They walked up to the clerk, spoke in Spanish with her. They paid for that beautiful fruit and vegetables with food stamps. I did not know you could use food stamps at these expensive fancy fruit stands!..........

That was the day I decided this country is being taken over, and our government is aiding the illegal aliens and fighting against the citizens, all in the name of huge rich corporations.

That was the day I decided I will no longer be the silent citizen. I want my country back while there is still something left for our children. God help us that it is not too late!

Watch out for the main stream media now. They will start having pity parties for the minorty races now, because the government, and their rich contributors know the common citizen has had it! We want our country back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration