U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Hey I am a squid myself remember? I know cops like to hassle Sailors.

I am not saying it won't save lives and it won't help crack down on illegals, I am just saying I can understand why legal hispanics would not want to deal with it and just stay inside.
Shipmate no argument with me on that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I've stated several times on this forum that I am fortunate enough to be in the position where I am in no danger of a non-English-speaking illegal immigrant taking my job. It takes seven years of expensive post-secondary education and complete fluency in English to be a lawyer. Regardless of that, I have experienced NO - and I mean NO - adverse affects of illegal immigration after living my life in cities where there have been a lot of immigrants, some of them illegal.
There are plenty of people who don't have to concern themselves with having their job stolen by an illegal alien. I fear having an illegal steal my job as much as I fear suffering from ED. That's not the point. Can't you see past your own needs? My concern is for my country, and the millions of others who aren't fortunate enough to have a college education and a professional career.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:46 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It was never like that........it was only made to sound like it was like that. Illegals were using the race card to try and get out of anything they could.
i agree with you on that. i was living in socal up until 2005. the checkpoints that i remember hearing about were in maywood (next door to huntington park, home to a large amount of illegals). those who had outst traffic citations had their cars impounded. of course they were calling it discrimination that they were pulled over, driving without a license, no insurance, etc. you know if they want so badly to live in this country, the law needs to be applied to them the same way as it does to we citizens/.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Methinks you have something to hide, Mr Mach50.

I know many legal Hispanics (of all races) here in Arizona and they are quite happy to see ICE do its work
The paranoria never ends does it now you are questioning Mach50?
I don't mind seeing "ice" either or the check points, but I am not hispanic, are you?

Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I don't mind seeing "ice" either or the check points, but I am not hispanic, are you?
Perhaps the legal hispanic population should be upset with the illegal hispanics for causing this to happen.
No one forced them to cross illegally. They have done it in mass with absolutely no regard for the rights of the USA or its citizens.
They force themselves upon us, and yet demand special considerations.
Were I hispanic I would have a real bone with the illegals for creating this enviroment.
In short I would be ratting every illegal I crossed paths with.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
My birth surname sounds 'Hispanic'-------and, my Y Chromosome is R1b which most American males carry regardless of race/ethnicity. It has its origins in Spain-----------30K years ago.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,273,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There are plenty of people who don't have to concern themselves with having their job stolen by an illegal alien. I fear having an illegal steal my job as much as I fear suffering from ED. That's not the point. Can't you see past your own needs? My concern is for my country, and the millions of others who aren't fortunate enough to have a college education and a professional career.
How illegal immigrants personally affect me is only a small part of my arguments on here in general. You have read my entire argument through a series of threads and most of what I say has nothing to do with me caring about myself and not caring about other people.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Perhaps the legal hispanic population should be upset with the illegal hispanics for causing this to happen.
No one forced them to cross illegally. They have done it in mass with absolutely no regard for the rights of the USA or its citizens.
Were I hispanic I would have a real bone with the illegals for creating this enviroment.
Thank you, Tinman . . . however, LOGIC and COMMON SENSE will never be tolerated by the Illegal Lovers!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Thank you, Tinman . . . however, LOGIC and COMMON SENSE will never be tolerated by the Illegal Lovers!
Not all pro-illegals are so bad. Many just don't see the harm in helping out those they see as less fortunate. Those less fortunate illegals don't seem to have any regrets, compassion or sense of guilt for their trespass against us. But then most criminals don't.
Crisp my gut tells me you are a fairly good person. A live and let live individual. The problem however is the illegals are not. They knowingly violate our laws. They knowingly abuse our social services. They knowingly exploit american generosity.
In their wake they leave:
Unemployed tradesmen. Excuse they only take jobs legals don't want. Those legals who lost their trades have families too.
Illegals pay taxes too? Well yes some do. But do they pay their fair share? No. Legals tend to spend their incomes here. Bank their incomes here thus generating tax revenues. Illegals don't.
Illegals are no threat to us citizens. Not true. The illegals because they don't follow the nessasary procedures often are not immunized or checked for communicable diseases. They pass these diseases on to others.
Many illegals would have been denied entry due to prior criminal records. They then commit crimes here against legals.
You see, It is not a victimless crime.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:38 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That would be like saying I hate all poor people if I were rich, or I hate all rich people if I were poor. I doubt that a large percentage feel hate towards the illegals of their race. The legals that I have talked to have commented how tough it is to come here legally and they feel sorry for the ones that have traveled to this country. I'm not saying they all feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or