U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
After all, what do you care if the local hospital goes bankrupt?
I do care about many institutions going bankrupt, most are not do to the influx of Illegal aliens. People seem to forget that the entire United States are suffering a horrible economy. Figure out how much it is costing us a
day to continue the war in Iraq. If you wish to throw a stone, toss it at President Bush, this administration has been horrible, and when was the last time you heard him say he was going to do something about IMMIGRATION ? No one wants to touch that one period. If your government has no inclination to do something about immigration, there is no answer.
I pay taxes just like you and I don't like it either, but that goes along with being an American. I don't want the hospitals to go bankrupt,along with
school closing, banks folding up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,059,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Hispanics act like they are all being deported, and its not even close to being true. Its just sickening. And many Democrats believe that Hispanic Americans are being forced to live in fear. If you have nothing to hide, why would you fear anything?
Don't come over here with the Democrat bashing. Bush's missing backbone on this issue is why it's gotten even more out of control and don't get me started on the Arnold, another Republican with no backbone. He won't even acknowledge that CA is millions of dollars in debt (and can't even get a budget passed) because of the illegal immigrants draining the economy. Should I name the other Republican states out of contol like Texas and Florida? Also, I haven't heard a lot of talk about Hispanic Americans living in fear, only a small few here and the radical pro-illegal groups.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
A) It cost substantially more to pay for the K-12 education, anchor baby expenses, ER medical treatment, organ transplants, multi-million dollar non-reimbursed long-term hospital stays, attorney and court fees, incarceration, execution, etc. B) What can be more "socially destructive" than to have millions of legal citizens' wages depressed, jobs taken, neighborhoods ruined, identities stolen, maimed or killed by violent illegals or drunk drivers? C) The low-skilled illegal alien will NEVER put more into the American economy than they receive.
Amen, wish I could rep you. The ridiculous "logic" of IA's and their cheerleaders never ceases to boggle the mind. I wonder if anyone is keeping track of the billions being spent to treat these invaders better than they deserve. The fact that they are being treated better than citizens simply serves as a reason for them to just keep on coming. Treating them with kid gloves is draining all of our resources in every way imaginable.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if we started treating them like their respective governments treat them, I guarantee you we'd be illegal alien free.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:36 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have never said that we do not have a problem with immigration and the large amounts of illegals here. I feel that there needs to be resolution
that will benefit all. I do not have a problem with Anti-illegals, the ones I do have a problem with, are the ones that have a deep and hostility towards them, and do wish them harm. My feelings on that segment will never change, and like I have said before, I will never turn them into the border patrol and if they make it through, more power to them.
Nice. And the legals they hurt dont matter .

Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Nice. And the legals they hurt dont matter .
What a silly question you know nothing is ever their fault. They're just here looking for a better life . . . . at the expense of the lives of far too many of our citizens.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
What a silly question you know nothing is ever their fault. They're just here looking for a better life . . . . at the expense of the lives of far too many of our citizens.
Sigh I keep forgetting that I shouldn't care about legal citizens more than Illegals. As long as its not me getting hurt I shouldn't care.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sigh I keep forgetting that I shouldn't care about legal citizens more than Illegals. As long as its not me getting hurt I shouldn't care.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what they think.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:00 AM

8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
After all, what do you care if the local hospital goes bankrupt?
Like a few here in Texas have. And others have said they will if something isn't done.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 PM

Some fear check points might target illegals?
I would wager that some fear that DUI check points might target drunk drivers. I would imagine that it would be drunk drivers who are afraid.
make life as difficult as possible for illegals and force them to self deport...

Old 12-18-2009, 11:00 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
now if illegals can pressure law enforcement to stop doing DWI checkpoints or let illegal mexican people with no license pass thru unmolested, that is guna be the trick of the year for ACLU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or