U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,736,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
As usual, the hapless US taxpayer will be left to cover the costs of helicopter transport for 10 illegal aliens to various hospitals and all the bills they run up while in the hospital.
Your lack of concern for the loss of life is amazing, and you work in a hospital and TREAT people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Your lack of concern for the loss of life is amazing, and you work in a hospital and TREAT people
I'm retired (thank the Lord- I have heard enough horror stories from others who work in hospitals overrun by belligerent, demanding illegals). My concern is for the American people who are now going to be handed another huge bill for medical expenses because 19 people actively chose to ignore our immigration laws and trespass in our country. This should NOT have happened because these people should not have been here.
Has it ever occurred to you that when a hospital has to write off $25 million in unreimbursed care given to illegal aliens, that is $25 million less in write offs and reduced rates that they could have given to deserving American citizens? Has it ever occurred to you that while an illegal can walk away from a large medical bill and leave 'the gringo' to pay it, an American family faced with the same bill might have to sell their home or end up in bankruptcy court? Why should we have to do our best to cover our bills one way or another, while the illegal aliens do nothing? And if anyone does try to make them pay up, how much money do you want to bet they call La Raza? Or some reporter?
Go ahead and put your little mad face up. I could not care less.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
I'm retired (thank the Lord- I have heard enough horror stories from others who work in hospitals overrun by belligerent, demanding illegals). My concern is for the American people who are now going to be handed another huge bill for medical expenses because 19 people actively chose to ignore our immigration laws and trespass in our country. This should NOT have happened because these people should not have been here.
Has it ever occurred to you that when a hospital has to write off $25 million in unreimbursed care given to illegal aliens, that is $25 million less in write offs and reduced rates that they could have given to deserving American citizens? Has it ever occurred to you that while an illegal can walk away from a large medical bill and leave 'the gringo' to pay it, an American family faced with the same bill might have to sell their home or end up in bankruptcy court? Why should we have to do our best to cover our bills one way or another, while the illegal aliens do nothing? And if anyone does try to make them pay up, how much money do you want to bet they call La Raza? Or some reporter?
In addition, the ingrates have the audacity to file a lawsuit after receiving $1.5 million in critical care treatment. How’s that for gratitude?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I was just curious how much you think a life is worth?
It was not the illegals choice to be flown to the hospital, in most cases they will not seek out medical treatment for fear of being deported.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:23 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,391,056 times
Quote:
It was not the illegals choice to be flown to the hospital, in most cases they will not seek out medical treatment for fear of being deported.
It comes down to this: Why should the Taxpayers of the State of Arizona be completely responsible for the healthcare costs of these people?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Quote:
I think your question should really be directed at the Mexican human traffickers who are responsible for all these deaths. We can be very thankful that no Americans were killed or injured by these people. They had absolutely no business on our highways and were risking the lives of many innocent people to commit their crimes.

Human traffickers are the scum of the earth and should be given far harsher punishment than they are getting.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,030 times
Quote:
It would be ludicrous to even attempt to answer your 'what is a life worth' question.
The people who died attempting to illegally enter the US are similar to a bank robber who gets electrocuted while robbing a bank in the middle of the night. It is unfortunate both the illegal aliens and the bank robber died- but if both had stayed out of places they were not supposed to be, they would still be alive. The bank robber would be doing whatever it is he does and the illegals would be alive in Mexico.
If you want to point fingers at people, point one at the guy who was driving a massively overloaded SUV at above the speed limit. Ask him what a life is worth.
The argument that it was not the illegals choice to be flown to a hospital is nonsense. If they were in bad enough shape to be transported by helicopter, they were prob. either unconscious or in no shape to be making such decisions. And illegals are generally very aware that there is 'free' medical care in the US. Hospitals are not going to report them to the IRS.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Tough!

The word triage comes to mind here: it is the responsibility of the USA (or any other nation) to take care of its own----------illegal immigrants do not count. I understand stabilizing one if he/she was seriously ill or injured then deporting that person.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It comes down to this: Why should the Taxpayers of the State of Arizona be completely responsible for the healthcare costs of these people?
I don't think anyone said it was Arizona's problem, make a call to the Govenor and tell her you would like to take a stand that all ILLEGALS
are to be left where they are laying, or better yet, haul them off to the detention centers and if they make it back to Mexico alive, that would be a plus to them.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think your question should really be directed at the Mexican human traffickers who are responsible for all these deaths. We can be very thankful that no Americans were killed or injured by these people. They had absolutely no business on our highways and were risking the lives of many innocent people to commit their crimes.

Human traffickers are the scum of the earth and should be given far harsher punishment than they are getting.

That part I agree with/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration