U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:20 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Nineteen more reasons we need to GET SERIOUS down at the border, Greatday.

Thankfully there were no other vehicles involved which is generally not the case with these frequent accidents directly related to Illegals. This was probably nothing more than driver error and/or vehicle failure due to extreme overload conditions. In spite of their huge size, a Suburban even in the best of shape has limits and I believe 6 or 8 passengers is about it.

Many many thousands of taxpayer dollars wasted because of a bunch of arrogant disrespectful illegals.
There are times that the border patrol is chasing the immigrants and it can be quite dangerous for other motorists on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 04:25 PM

[quote=malamute;4789113]I think your question should really be directed at the Mexican human traffickers who are responsible for all these deaths. We can be very thankful that no Americans were killed or injured by these people. They had absolutely no business on our highways and were risking the lives of many innocent people to commit their crimes.

Human traffickers are the scum of the earth and should be given far harsher punishment than they are getting.[/quote

I totally agree, they are no better than a pimp.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Now, can't you just hear LaRaza's response to that? Or Lulac? Or MALDEF? Or any of the other 'groups'?
I've got a better idea. Keep them out of the country in the first place, using whatever means necessary. If they do get in and are injured, take them to the nearest ER, stabilize their condition (admitting them to the hospital for further treatment if necessary) and as soon as they are able to be transported, return them to their home country. Send the home country a bill. Tell them either pay up or we will deduct the amount of the bill from any foreign aid we give you.

By the way, you still haven't answered my question about how much in taxes a minimum wage earning amnestied illegal with three kids will pay.
I did not respond to it because it would be the same with the illegals or
legals.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:47 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Ooh, ooh, I KNOW!!!!!!!

ZERO!!!!!
Illegal immigrants pay rent don't they? Which in turn is paid by the landlord in the form of property taxes.

Sales taxes?

They may pay an inproportionate amount of taxes, but the myth that they pay zero taxes is just plain wrong.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think your question should really be directed at the Mexican human traffickers who are responsible for all these deaths. We can be very thankful that no Americans were killed or injured by these people.
Jesus f***in Christ, what a cold sentiment.

This may be hard to believe, but an American life is worth no more and no less than a Mexican life. I know you may think otherwise....

Old 08-10-2008, 05:02 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Illegal immigrants pay rent don't they? Which in turn is paid by the landlord in the form of property taxes.

Sales taxes?

They may pay an inproportionate amount of taxes, but the myth that they pay zero taxes is just plain wrong.
Illegals effectively by little or no taxes. That is a fact.

Food: 0 Tax

Rent: MAYBE a sales tax (many landlords don't collect one) - it this is the case - it goes to the city - and none (generally) is used for services for illegals

Old 08-10-2008, 05:03 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
This may be hard to believe, but an American life is worth no more and no less than a Mexican life. I know you may think otherwise....
Illegals are criminals. They are violating US laws. They are invaders.

I care more for those who are LEGALLY here - than the criminals

Old 08-10-2008, 05:16 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
There are times that the border patrol is chasing the immigrants and it can be quite dangerous for other motorists on the road.
RARELY if ever, Sassyone . . . in this case NOT.

This accident, as with the majority, was caused by extremely overloaded conditions (two to three plus times the recommended load) plus poor to no maintenance of the vehicle (old and/or worn tires, etc). All directly related to the blatant disrespect the coyotes have for the laws of this country as well as their fellow citizens.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Jesus f***in Christ, what a cold sentiment.

You are so right, some people fail to see and accept that fact.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:17 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Here's a fun game to play. If any of you people go to church, why not take a moment to call your pastor and ask him whether, in the eyes of God, Americans are more valuable than Mexicans. (And if so, by how much.)

Want to play?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration