Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 02:12 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
So it's OK to break the law unless someone is actively stopping you from doing so? Is this the new 'If You Can Get Away With It, Go Ahead!' policy or what?
Right. So if my neighbor never locks his door and lets everyone know it and I am hungry then I can walk in and clean out his fridge and rob his house? Again-it is never the criminals fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Right. So if my neighbor never locks his door and lets everyone know it and I am hungry then I can walk in and clean out his fridge and rob his house? Again-it is never the criminals fault.
Why not? Apparently that is what the illegals and their enablers would do.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:15 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
Quote:
So it's OK to break the law unless someone is actively stopping you from doing so? Is this the new 'If You Can Get Away With It, Go Ahead!' policy or what?
You nailed it. That is the current policy it a nutshell...so roll you eyes all you want. For the most part...illegals are allowed to get away with it. Did I ever say it was right? No...I'm telling you how it is. You getting all upset is not going to change the fact that Bush and co. has more to gain by not make sweeping changes...

Old 08-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
This is not 1950's America...Shame on you and shame on him...don't be naive next time...

And...

Shame on the business for hiring the illegal and shame on the illegal for being illegal...

Old 08-11-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
You nailed it. That is the current policy it a nutshell...so roll you eyes all you want. For the most part...illegals are allowed to get away with it. Did I ever say it was right? No...I'm telling you how it is. You getting all upset is not going to change the fact that Bush and co. has more to gain by not make sweeping changes...

You know, a large group of overwhelmingly uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants who view obeying the law as something that is 'optional', depending on whether it will benefit them' are real definitely not people we should even consider for US citizenship.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
You know, a large group of overwhelmingly uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants who view obeying the law as something that is 'optional', depending on whether it will benefit them' are real definitely not people we should even consider for US citizenship.
And I never said they should...

Old 08-11-2008, 03:58 PM

5 posts, read 12,398 times
Wel let me say how proud I am to be American. I also agree that the coyotes are scum, they rob and rape and transport people for thousands of dollars per person. All I am saying is that there was one person driving and speeding, how many of you people can say that you have never drove over the speed limit? Not at all sticking up for the coyote. If you have ever been to Mexico you might understand why people come here illegally. For the most part it is a lack of education and there is no work in Mexico. I think the answer to our illegals' problem is to give Mexico an education on how they should run their country, starting with taxes..All the money we are spending on deportation and border control should be used for 'education'. Teaching Mexico a few things could really benefit us all....

Old 08-11-2008, 04:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingPCB View Post
Wel let me say how proud I am to be American. I also agree that the coyotes are scum, they rob and rape and transport people for thousands of dollars per person. All I am saying is that there was one person driving and speeding, how many of you people can say that you have never drove over the speed limit? Not at all sticking up for the coyote. If you have ever been to Mexico you might understand why people come here illegally. For the most part it is a lack of education and there is no work in Mexico. I think the answer to our illegals' problem is to give Mexico an education on how they should run their country, starting with taxes..All the money we are spending on deportation and border control should be used for 'education'. Teaching Mexico a few things could really benefit us all....
No; what Mexico needs to do is grow up.

A start would be for the Mx government would be to pay their police, judges and soldiers Gringo wages--------which would make it a hell of a lot easier to root out the widespread corruption and attract a better quality of recruit.

As for Mx having the money: go after the Carlos Slim's of SOB and make them pay their fair share of taxes.

Too: as I have opined on in the past-------close/lock our southern border and, using employer sanctions laws, etc. crack down on the (diminishing) number of illegals here in the USA.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingPCB View Post
You know something? The people in Mexico have it real good compared to people in Bangladesh, Somalia, Haiti, Myannmar, and alot of other places. Why shouldn't we help them instead? I don't care what Mexico's problem is- Mexicans need to stop looking at the US to solve it. When you add up the amount of money we have spent on medical care, education, incarceration and foreign aid for Mexico and the scant amount of progress that has been made, I find it very difficult to justify sending them even more money for 'education'. You know as well as I do that the money will only end up in some kleptocrat's Swiss bank account.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:02 PM

104 posts, read 180,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
So American lives in the 1820s weren't worth as much? Since many of them illegally crossed into Texas and settled when it was a Mexican territory?

Just trying to point out the hypocrisy of your post.
No hypocracy here. I stand by my word. If Americans illegally crossed over to Mexican Territory, and such Mexican territory had laws forbidding such crossovers, then those Americans were criminals, and the value of their lives will have decreased. Happy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration