Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:06 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I'm retired (thank the Lord- I have heard enough horror stories from others who work in hospitals overrun by belligerent, demanding illegals). My concern is for the American people who are now going to be handed another huge bill for medical expenses because 19 people actively chose to ignore our immigration laws and trespass in our country. This should NOT have happened because these people should not have been here.
Has it ever occurred to you that when a hospital has to write off $25 million in unreimbursed care given to illegal aliens, that is $25 million less in write offs and reduced rates that they could have given to deserving American citizens? Has it ever occurred to you that while an illegal can walk away from a large medical bill and leave 'the gringo' to pay it, an American family faced with the same bill might have to sell their home or end up in bankruptcy court? Why should we have to do our best to cover our bills one way or another, while the illegal aliens do nothing? And if anyone does try to make them pay up, how much money do you want to bet they call La Raza? Or some reporter?
Go ahead and put your little mad face up. I could not care less.
THANK YOU, Andreabeth . . . BEAUTIFULLY STATED!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 09:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I don't think anyone said it was Arizona's problem, make a call to the Govenor and tell her you would like to take a stand that all ILLEGALS
are to be left where they are laying, or better yet, haul them off to the detention centers and if they make it back to Mexico alive, that would be a plus to them.
Now, can't you just hear LaRaza's response to that? Or Lulac? Or MALDEF? Or any of the other 'groups'?
I've got a better idea. Keep them out of the country in the first place, using whatever means necessary. If they do get in and are injured, take them to the nearest ER, stabilize their condition (admitting them to the hospital for further treatment if necessary) and as soon as they are able to be transported, return them to their home country. Send the home country a bill. Tell them either pay up or we will deduct the amount of the bill from any foreign aid we give you.

By the way, you still haven't answered my question about how much in taxes a minimum wage earning amnestied illegal with three kids will pay.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

By the way, you still haven't answered my question about how much in taxes a minimum wage earning amnestied illegal with three kids will pay.
Ooh, ooh, I KNOW!!!!!!!

ZERO!!!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:41 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I don't think anyone said it was Arizona's problem, make a call to the Govenor and tell her you would like to take a stand that all ILLEGALS are to be left where they are laying, or better yet, haul them off to the detention centers and if they make it back to Mexico alive, that would be a plus to them.
The point IS, "they" are Arizona's problem. This is a fact.

As for our Governor; She is the one who insists on sending the bill for care to the Federal Government - 'course, we don't put the Feds into collection when they do not pay

As for taking them to the detention centers: those that survived are being taken in so they can be immediately deported - as they should be.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:08 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The point IS, "they" are Arizona's problem. This is a fact.

As for our Governor; She is the one who insists on sending the bill for care to the Federal Government - 'course, we don't put the Feds into collection when they do not pay

As for taking them to the detention centers: those that survived are being taken in so they can be immediately deported - as they should be.
When caught in this country illegally, unless they have murdered someone the paper work for deportation should begin immediately. No attorney, trial, judge or jury, just an interpreter to ensure that we ship them back to whence they came. The cost of said interpreter and trip home should be deducted from any foreign aid of that national's country of origin.

The waste of tax dollars is just that a huge, unmerited financial waste of time, space and legal fees.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-09-2008 at 09:41 AM..

Old 08-10-2008, 01:42 PM

5 posts, read 12,400 times
Most of you sound like savages,these are human people we are talking about,regardless of their wrong doings nobody deserves to die or be mocked. The suv was not stolen, and americans rob and steal from each other every day, but if it happened to be a mexican their whole race is ****ed. God bless the families of the people whose life ended so tragically.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:54 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
If my wanting these people to go home and quit coming in illegally, racing down our hwy's and potentially killing our people in accidents, then I am proudly a "savage." These people should not have been driving so fast and they had no regard for other lives they put into jeapardy so I have little regard for them.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:17 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingPCB View Post
Most of you sound like savages,these are human people we are talking about,regardless of their wrong doings nobody deserves to die or be mocked. The suv was not stolen, and americans rob and steal from each other every day, but if it happened to be a mexican their whole race is ****ed. God bless the families of the people whose life ended so tragically.
They died trying to enter this country illegally. About 400 a year drop dead in the desert doing the same thing, usually being abandoned there by their coyotes. While it is unfortunate that ANYONE dies, don't expect a lot of sympathy for people who die while trying to defraud American citizens of their jobs and their taxes.

If they'd stayed home they wouldn't be dead now, would they?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:34 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
They died trying to enter this country illegally. About 400 a year drop dead in the desert doing the same thing, usually being abandoned there by their coyotes. While it is unfortunate that ANYONE dies, don't expect a lot of sympathy for people who die while trying to defraud American citizens of their jobs and their taxes.

If they'd stayed home they wouldn't be dead now, would they?
Amen. Yeah, I can rep you again.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingPCB View Post
Excuse me?

Maybe if Mexico were not so 'savage' towards so many of its own people----------your countrymen would not be here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration