Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,638,944 times

Advertisements

It seems that to many people believe the government can just do what they want even if we don't want it. Not so. Not if we seriously stick to our guns and make them pay for going against the will of the majority of legal US citizens. We don't have to step back and just take it. We have the power folks, not them. If we stand together, they are nothing and must bend down from their pedestals and here our voices. And those voices are screaming NO, amnesty is not an acceptable resolution for this problem. Giving illegals who have committed a crime by coming over our borders without permission a get out of jail free for life card is wrong and we will not put up with it. The time to not only talk but also act is upon us, and marching would definitely be a start. We must not allow the government to push us around people, they aren't supposed to be this powerful. We the people, not we, the people under the watchful eye of the government. United we can stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,388,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

You nailed it AMC760, that is what everyone has wanted and now there is a logical solution...It's all good
Talking Loud And Saying Nothing by James Brown

Genre:
Funk

Lyrics

Like a dull knife
Just ain't cutting
Just talking loud
Then saying nothing

Just saying nothing
Just saying nothing

You can't tell me
How to run my life down
You can't tell me
How to keep my business sound

You can't tell me
What I'm doing wrong
When you keep driving and
Singing that same old money song

You can't tell me
Which way to go
Cause three times seven
And then some more
You can't tell me, hey

You're like a dull knife
Just ain't cutting
You're just talking loud
And saying nothing

Just saying nothing
Just saying nothing

Don't tell me
How to do my thing
When you can't, can't
Can't do your own

Shape up your bag
Don't worry bout mine
My things together
And a doing fine

Good luck to you
Just allow you're wrong
Then keep on singing that
Same old money song

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-08-2008 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-08-2008, 07:56 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Talking Loud And Saying Nothing by James Brown

Genre:
Funk

Lyrics

Like a dull knife
Just ain't cutting
Just talking loud
Then saying nothing

Just saying nothing
Just saying nothing

You can't tell me
How to run my life down
You can't tell me
How to keep my business sound

You can't tell me
What I'm doing wrong
When you keep driving and
Singing that same old money song

You can't tell me
Which way to go
Cause three times seven
And then some more
You can't tell me, hey

You're like a dull knife
Just ain't cutting
You're just talking loud
And saying nothing

Just saying nothing
Just saying nothing

Don't tell me
How to do my thing
When you can't, can't
Can't do your own

Shape up your bag
Don't worry bout mine
My things together
And a doing fine

Good luck to you
Just allow you're wrong
Then keep on singing that
Same old money song
Stop hijacking the thread Jdubs! This is about immigration and amnesty! Not your funk/soul collection!

Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,388,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Stop hijacking the thread Jdubs! This is about immigration and amnesty! Not your funk/soul collection!
.You've obviously run out of tactics and defenses for your cause and have resorted to accusing everyone who does not support illegal immigration of "hijacking threads". You may not like the song but the lyrics are my answer to all of the irrelevant nonsense that your buddy spouts. I merely used James Brown to state it for me.

And those tantrums? Are so juvenile.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,467,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post

You nailed it AMC760, that is what everyone has wanted and now there is a logical solution...It's all good

How much is someone with a 9th grade education and 3 kids who works a minimum wage job going to be paying in taxes, sassyone?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:06 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,296,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
How much is someone with a 9th grade education and 3 kids who works a minimum wage job going to be paying in taxes, sassyone?
NOt enough

Old 08-08-2008, 09:20 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,735,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
First you complain they don't pay taxes, then you complain they won't pay enough? Do you want them to pay any taxes or not?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
First you complain they don't pay taxes, then you complain they won't pay enough? Do you want them to pay any taxes or not?
Better yet: we want those illegal immigrant lawbreakers gone.

Suffice to say: if 80% of 'em left the USA with Anchor Babies in tow...........then, maybe we can discuss a limited form of amnesty for the ones who did not commit Felonies.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,316 times
Don't give up that is not the way of the American spirit.
Even if Barack or McCain get the Presidency we must stand together and defeat this. We beat it once , twice, I'm ready for number three. How about you ? I don't give a flip who wins the presidency. Learn about you candidates in the house and senate and make sure where they stand on borders language and culture and that they will
continue to fight to enforce our immigration laws. Period.
[URL="http://www.projectvotesmart.com"]www.projectvotesmart.com[/URL] We need to weed the panderers out and put patriots in.
Tell them Amnesty or pathway to citizenship is not acceptable. Secure our Borders Enforce our laws and Hold employers accountable and deport deport deport. care Illegal is Illegal.I will not stop just because this has to be fought over and over. Yeah we all get tired of the constant ignoring of the american people. Save your voice for another round cause we will be doing this again.
I love my country too much to ever quit. Never bargain. We have laws that are not being followed and that is exactly what we want No secure the border and then and then. Ted Kennedy promised after the 86 amnesty he would NEVER ask this of us again. I'm holdin him to it. Check your mayors too. Look what L.A has turned into. I think sheriff Joe needs a vacation for a week. americangal4ever

Old 08-08-2008, 11:27 PM

220 posts, read 381,166 times
americangal4ever,

My grandchildren excepted, I am increasingly getting to the point where I couldn't care less about this country and its future. The America that I loved as a young boy is dead and gone, all that's left is an empty husk of that nation. The pale ghost walks, and some of us do a good enough job of going through the motions, but that's about all.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather see my grandchildren return to their ancestral forests in Central Europe and leave the Chinese to colonize and rule America, God knows the "Americans" don't deserve this place anymore. And after watching today's Olympic opening day ceremony, I'm sure that the Chinese would be more than capable.

Quote:
Don't give up that is not the way of the American spirit.
The speed with which this place is being constantly redefined makes it impossible to claim that there's an "American" anything anymore. So, no, I don't believe in the "American" spirit, such a thing does not exist and perhaps has never existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration