Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:46 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio predicts that no matter who wins the presidential election in November, amnesty for illegal immigrants is just a matter of time.

Newsmax.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 AM

756 posts, read 1,999,796 times
I believe this also after this election they will put amnesty back on the table and it will happen nomatter what the american people want!! if noone has notice nethier Obama are mccain will open there mouth on the subject and I think both have made it clear that the illegals are here to stay!!
People it just sucks to be us the americans that will foot the bill!!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:10 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I believe this also after this election they will put amnesty back on the table and it will happen nomatter what the american people want!! if noone has notice nethier Obama are mccain will open there mouth on the subject and I think both have made it clear that the illegals are here to stay!!
People it just sucks to be us the americans that will foot the bill!!
But if theyre not illegal anymore, doesn't that mean they become taxpayers? And doesn't that mean that they end up footing the bill too? For themselves, and all the lazy Americans on welfare to boot?

Old 08-08-2008, 04:14 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
Take a look at the amount of taxes someone pays at that level of income. Now compare that to the cost of aid they will continue to receive. If it is true that amnesty will come, we are lost.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:42 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
But if theyre not illegal anymore, doesn't that mean they become taxpayers? And doesn't that mean that they end up footing the bill too? For themselves, and all the lazy Americans on welfare to boot?
No it doesn't. You obviously are not a citizen, if you were you would know better. We aren't talking about millions of rocket scientists being granted amnesty.

Minimum wage earners pay very little payroll taxes and whatever they pay they usually wind up getting back 100% in the form of a tax return/rebate at the end of the year.

Additionally, employer paid benefits are optional and the low wage jobs that IA's hold usually provide little to no benefits. So guess what that means? Millions of poverty stricken, illiterate breeders, becoming legalized to breed, overpopulate, impoverish and destroy what's left of those of us in the middle class who are already forced to pay too much in taxes to prop up these losers and their broods.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-08-2008 at 06:10 AM..

Old 08-08-2008, 06:50 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

Nope, obviously not that familiar with the income tax laws are you????????

Ever heard of the earned income credit or the child credit???????
Thought not.

Yes they will pay a little sales tax but that will be geatly off set by the earned income credit they will receive because of large families and low wages.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:03 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
I would hope that the American people will once again deluge Washington with their protests. I don't believe that Americans are anymore enamoured of amnesty than they've been in the past. Last time the powers that be tried to slide amnesty by the American people, we shut down the phone lines in Washington--I think they can try for amnesty, but I don't think that necessarily means it's a done deal. You can't get anymore pro-amnesty than the jerk currently occupying the White House and he's been shut down each and every time.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:55 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I would hope that the American people will once again deluge Washington with their protests. I don't believe that Americans are anymore enamoured of amnesty than they've been in the past. Last time the powers that be tried to slide amnesty by the American people, we shut down the phone lines in Washington--I think they can try for amnesty, but I don't think that necessarily means it's a done deal. You can't get anymore pro-amnesty than the jerk currently occupying the White House and he's been shut down each and every time.
ITA. IMHO it's way past time for Americans to have a day to march in every single state. I think November 1st would be excellent timing.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Actually; amnesty may be one of the worst things to happen to the 'Hispanic' community (84% of all illegals hail from either Mexico or Central America) here in the USA-----------many Americans may look with askance at any self identified Latino, even US citizens.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:32 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Nope, obviously not that familiar with the income tax laws are you????????

Ever heard of the earned income credit or the child credit???????
Thought not.

Yes they will pay a little sales tax but that will be geatly off set by the earned income credit they will receive because of large families and low wages.
Not to mention every other benefit-financial and otherwise- afforded an American citizen. They deserve none of it if the only way they can become a citizen is by breaking the law and then granted citizenship through amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration