U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-09-2008, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Reputation: 768

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That is really insulting and twisted. Your last sentence is very close to the truth. Illegals are causing many problems for the United States while they demand that we speak Spanish, stay in public housing, get free medical care because we are kind enough to furnish it. And from what I see they appreciate nothing done for them. I am glad that at least our NC Legislature is listening to us on this one point. I think some were just about to lose the next election. I expect more laws like this to follow and I don't care what anybody says about it. Our elected officials need to start listening to the people who elected them and pay their salaries. Kodos to the NC General Assembly. Keep it up!
You must understand that the illegal loving crowd will always spin and lie the posts in here. It is what they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2008, 06:48 PM
 
307 posts, read 458,164 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Getting into nursing school is very competitive, maybe there was another reason your Ex-GF was rejected? Not because maybe an illegal immigrant took her spot. Illegal immigrants are blame for EVERY single thing that happens in america, they steal our jobs, they don't speak english, they don't assimilate, they are stealing our college education.
I showed where you were wrong, now you try to obfuscate.

If you learn to READ the links posted, you will see that the programs are based on either random lottery or a waiting list.

But hey rather then read you take jabs at my Ex-GF.



According to this CNN report (http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/05/22/immigrant.tuition.ap/ - broken link) "The Urban Institute, a Washington-based economic and social policy research group, estimates that nationally there are between 50,000 and 65,000 college-bound high school graduates who are illegal immigrants."

Unless you are going to try to claim that of the 50,000+ illegal immigrants who are going to go to college that NONE are entering the nursing field, then simple logic dictates that for each Illegal accepted they displace a legal immigrant or citizen. That doesn't count all the other college majors that have lack of space.

Nor does it take into account what I previously mentioned, and that you have failed to address, the fact that each additional student reduces the quality of education for the rest. But hey, if you must dodge the cold hard truth in order to try to justify your position then I guess your lack of ability to address my points speaks louder than anything else on this subject.

Rather then using a strawman argument like "Illegal immigrants are blame for EVERY single thing that happens in America...", when I have never said such a thing, try having a reasoned logical discussion based upon facts and what I have said. Not upon fictional statements.



Random

Last edited by RandomU; 08-09-2008 at 07:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 07:09 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Not much different than all of you always calling everyone and anyone who happens to be against illegals a racist or anti-immigrant, forgetting to use the word ILLEGAL. Don't even talk to us about labels when that is all that the pro-illegal bunch has used forever now. You are getting it back in spades and you don't like it. Tough!
Wish I could rep you. I couldn't agree more. Very well stated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
I showed where you were wrong, now you try to obfuscate.

If you learn to READ the links posted, you will see that the programs are based on either random lottery or a waiting list.

But hey rather then read you take jabs at my Ex-GF.



According to this CNN report (http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/05/22/immigrant.tuition.ap/ - broken link) "The Urban Institute, a Washington-based economic and social policy research group, estimates that nationally there are between 50,000 and 65,000 college-bound high school graduates who are illegal immigrants."

Unless you are going to try to claim that of the 50,000+ illegal immigrants who are going to go to college that NONE are entering the nursing field, then simple logic dictates that for each one accepted they displace a legal immigrant and citizen. That doesn't count all the other college majors that have lack of space.

Nor does it take into account what I previously mentioned, and that you have failed to address, the fact that each additional student reduces the quality of education for the rest. But hey, if you must dodge the cold hard truth in order to try to justify your position then I guess your lack of ability to address my points speaks louder than anything else on this subject.

Rather then using a strawman argument like "Illegal immigrants are blame for EVERY single thing that happens in America...", when I have never said such a thing, try having a reasoned logical discussion based upon facts and what I have said. Not upon fictional statements.



Random
Since when was competitiveness in education such a bad thing? If an undocumented student is accepted into a college because of their excellent grades, then good for them. I won't whine and try to prevent anyone from trying to achieve a higher education in the U.S., as long as they are paying the out of state tuition in N.C ,then i don't see what the problem is.

Btw, not all nursing program's admissions are based on random lottery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Getting into nursing school is very competitive, maybe there was another reason your Ex-GF was rejected? Not because maybe an illegal immigrant took her spot. Illegal immigrants are blame for EVERY single thing that happens in america, they steal our jobs, they don't speak english, they don't assimilate, they are stealing our college education.
That is a disgusting comment...........and, such an insolent attitude will blowback on you and your ilk, blacknight04.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Since when was competitiveness in education such a bad thing? If an undocumented student is accepted into a college because of their excellent grades, then good for them. I won't whine and try to prevent anyone from trying to achieve a higher education in the U.S., as long as they are paying the out of state tuition in N.C ,then i don't see what the problem is.

Btw, not all nursing program's admissions are based on random lottery.
Try again. Your putative 'undocumented student' needs to be tossed out of the country.............either the student or its parents obviously did not care enough to become legal. We, the USA do not need that sort of trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 08:33 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is a disgusting comment...........and, such an insolent attitude will blowback on you and your ilk, blacknight04.
Give me a break, i don't see anything disgusting about that comment. Save your outrage for the disgusting comments made about hispanics on this forum daily. There may have been MANY other reasons to why his ex wasn't accepted in the nursing program, for him to somehow come to the conclusion that it was because of an illegal immigrant taking her spot( without any fact to prove one did) is just silly to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again. Your putative 'undocumented student' needs to be tossed out of the country.............either the student or its parents obviously did not care enough to become legal. We, the USA do not need that sort of trash.
That does not make them trash Bear, it sounds like they are trying to assimilate into our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
............and the hammer continues to fall against the illegals and their enablers. Need I say more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
............and the hammer continues to fall against the illegals and their enablers. Need I say more?
Something new would be great, the other is getting rather old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top