U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,965,335 times

Advertisements

As big a supporter I am for fair treatment of illegal immigrants, I'm sure this was based on pure pragmatism, as for many hospitals they're hanging on by their fingernails to stay open anyway. A lot of them are running in the red with soaring health care costs.

This is just one tiny aspect of the crumbling American health system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 03:09 PM

52 posts, read 128,525 times
We should do this with illegals as well as those here on visas. If they can not afford to pay for their healthcare here then they should be sent back to their native country. IMO

Old 08-11-2008, 03:14 PM

658 posts, read 614,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
This is just one tiny aspect of the crumbling American health system.
Illegals constantly intrude on the profit margin of any border-state hospital, public or private. There is an allowance hospitals make for uncollectibles, and illegals increase that allowance every month. More illegals=less profits=higher fees for everyone else, health care harder to reach by the masses. But the illegal is still scott-free. I worked in finance at a hospital in Yuma along time ago, I know of what I speak. Illegals are far more than merely contributory to the health care system downfall.

I also support immigration, but unlike you, I specify legal immigration. Legal immigrants are in the minority of all immigrants, so it is obvious why most immigrant issues are steered toward illegals.

IMO, after what I have seen illegals do to a community, fair treatment for repeat offenders and crossers would be 1. branding and 2. execution. No criminals' rights are worth more than those of people the laws exist to protect and serve.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:02 PM

10 posts, read 13,517 times
Default Not Legal = Illegal

Per the Houston Chronicle:

Texas alone spent a known amount of $677 million on illegals in Texas Hospitals.

In Arizona $93 million was spent last time I read the stats.

Also,
About 80% is of the debt is from pregnant women.
The expense mentioned is generally only the adult/teen pregnant female - not the care for the new born baby.

When the babies are born they instantly become citizens and instantly receive Medicade and Food Stamp Food money and WIC and TANF (about $267. a month cash).

Also, the local Charities (numerous here) give abundantly to the illegals and chldren of illegals.

Part of this is associated with the local schools who provide free school starting at Pre-School to all children who have a multi-lingual home.

When I was corp-downsized I had to be persistant and go in person to the school to get them to allow my American born for 400 generatons child in the English spoken absolutely excellent Pre-K with our local ISD.

Yes, the official site said I quilified due to my excessive financial loss from companies going under.

At the same time as I was being turned away by phone and e-mail repeatedly (a call was required) the illegals and illegals children were being automatically accepted without a single question!

As a single-sole financial provider very adult parent who has been group company-wide downsized 3 times from Major companies I can't get the same help that illegals can. I had to fight for the tiny bit I received in an emergency situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or