U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 03:48 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times

Advertisements

I have a couple of opinions on it. the house and senate look at it like this, if they vote for amnesty, they have 15,000,000 new voters, but how many voters would they lose? I think if they go down that road, they should have an amnesty tax. an extra 2%-4% out of each paycheck to pay for their mistake. some will stay, some will leave. people are finally annoyed enough with our government doing nothing about some of these issues. I have a feeling that some incumbents are going to be voted out real soon. also, if former illegals have to start paying federal income tax, then they are going to demand equal wages. some employers would probably rather have an employee who was white and spoke good english. this isn't me being "racist" or a "bigot," it's just me being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Lol I will have a Shirley Temple .

Amnesty is coming its a HUGE just HUGE voting block for the Dem party granted EVERY non Hispanic incumbent will be replaced with a Hispanic politician same as has been done in Miami after 1960's.

Granted here we have Cuban "Reps" but in reality we have nothing as party means nothing in South Florida inept mostly corrupt parasites in either party.

The largest potential voting block that has come in last 10 yrs is Mexican most are Dems and the numbers are impressive. Amnesty is coming .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 04:19 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I have a couple of opinions on it. the house and senate look at it like this, if they vote for amnesty, they have 15,000,000 new voters, but how many voters would they lose? I think if they go down that road, they should have an amnesty tax. an extra 2%-4% out of each paycheck to pay for their mistake. some will stay, some will leave. people are finally annoyed enough with our government doing nothing about some of these issues. I have a feeling that some incumbents are going to be voted out real soon. also, if former illegals have to start paying federal income tax, then they are going to demand equal wages. some employers would probably rather have an employee who was white and spoke good english. this isn't me being "racist" or a "bigot," it's just me being honest.
----------------
Many incumbents are on the way out but for most part replaced with clones of "different" party.

I intend to vote against every local incumbent but I know if they are replaced it will be same garbage but in my case I just dont want to reward the current garbage for lousy job.

If Obama wins you will have amnesty however if Mccain wins you will have a pseudo "back door" type amnesty which in long run equals the same .

Independent would be nice but the chances of that are zero .

By the way I agree other than South Florida you need English for most good jobs but thats where welfare ,etc comes in once your a new citizen. There will come a time you dont .

Old 08-10-2008, 04:56 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

[http://www.borderfirereport.net/inde..._pdf=1&id=2612

I posted the correct link for your article Jdubs.

Btw, are the so called law abiding patriots going to take to the streets and murder people? What happened to their love for the rule of law? What a joke!
I guess it depends Blacknight, if the patriots are going to make their own laws but if that happens to the citizens of this country and the gun is turned on them, they will be shooting back

Old 08-10-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Right off the bat, you lost credibility with your deliberate blurring of the lines by calling illegal aliens "immigrants". For the record, in accordance with the content and true purpose of the 14th amendment (originated to include the descendants of slaves automatic citizenship), 2 illegal aliens are not capable of producing an American citizen. No ILLEGAL ALIEN is under the jurisdiction of the the US.

First of all those who are in this country ILLEGALLY ARE NOT "IMMIGRANTS". They are illegal aliens and therefore not entitled to anything other than a speedy deportation.

Second, the author of this article clearly states from the onset that he/she does not advocate violence. That being said, those in this country illegally were never invited by taxpaying Americans who have been forced to bare the burden of this invasion. If illegals are paying taxes that means they have either stolen an American's identity or purchased fake ID, both of which are felonies punishable by US law.

We the American citizens/taxpayers are sick of them and all of the financially and emotionally draining baggage they bring with them.

Your statement is very conflicted. You support the illegal alien invasion on one hand, but out of the other side of your mouth you want no more sneaking in? Is that because you want amnesty for your friends and family members first and then everyone else thereafter doesn't matter?

At the end of the day whether you snuck in 10 years ago, or plan on sneaking in tomorrow, you are all criminals and subject to prosecution and deportation as a result of your personal choice to commit the crime of illegal entry. We want all of you out yesterday. While I am not condoning violence, our nation is under attack, our patience has been exhausted and the frustration is mounting.

By any means necessary, we will do what our government refuses to do to protect our country and end this invasion.
You may have been thrown off track because KevK posted with a voice of reason, which is a breath of fresh air.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We are not going to put up with any terrorism in this country from conservatives, facist and reactionaries. We need to start a program before the elections to monitor these people and their organizations and to put them in jail at the first sign of trouble. In America you are entitled to your opinion, your prejudices and your view. You are not entitled to threaten and terrorize others or interfere in our lives. And it should not be tolerated.
Many of us support amnesty for the immigrants that are here, have establised roots (many have children that were born here and are citizens), work, pay taxes and obey the laws (which is more than alot of US citizens bother to do). These people deserve a place at the American table. But I do agree with the other side in one thing- the country MUST be secured as part of a FINAL and LAST amnesty. No more people sneaking in. And from here on out anybody caught aiding them, hiring them, housing them should be JAILED without question.
Thanks for a great post KevK

Old 08-10-2008, 05:08 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times
it's always the lesser of two evils. they actually made a south park about that! voting for amnesty would be a double edged sword for some. ok, so they voted for illegals to stay here, but at some point, those illegals might wonder what happened to 40% of their paycheck. there are so many programs that need to be overhauled within our government that it's unreal. deportation of so many people has been regarded as unrealistic, and I somewhat agree, however we did have operation wet back. oh, forgive me for being so insensitive, but that is what it was called.

Operation ******* - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the real answer lies in making employers responsible for their employees. it's not just illegals who abuse the tax system. there are many legal citizens who get paid "under the table." there are also many rich businessmen who avoid paying taxes all together. its' a huge mess, and one that might not be solved in the next 10 years. it's partially one of the reasons I support a national sales tax, aka, the fair tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
----------------
Many incumbents are on the way out but for most part replaced with clones of "different" party.

I intend to vote against every local incumbent but I know if they are replaced it will be same garbage but in my case I just dont want to reward the current garbage for lousy job.

If Obama wins you will have amnesty however if Mccain wins you will have a pseudo "back door" type amnesty which in long run equals the same .

Independent would be nice but the chances of that are zero .

By the way I agree other than South Florida you need English for most good jobs but thats where welfare ,etc comes in once your a new citizen. There will come a time you dont .

Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The anger is palpable. Of course none of us advocates violence, but the more illegals: commit murders, overcrowd our schools, jails and hospitals, the more employers outsource jobs, wages are depressed, taxes rise, the number of foreclosures sky rocket, the higher the unemployment rate rises, the more desperate and hostile people become.

If things don't change soon, it's going to get ugly.
As much as you are on the computer, did an illegal take your job?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Thanks for a great post KevK
"the country MUST be secured as part of a FINAL and LAST amnesty. No more people sneaking in. And from here on out anybody caught aiding them, hiring them, housing them should be JAILED without question."

And you truly believe this will happen after millions are giving amnesty and in time become citizens.

You think now all of a sudden with millions of new voters the borders will be "closed" ?

Yes your so right all the new millions of new voters will insist the borders be closed lol.

What about all those who have waited from other countries like Africa-Asia ,etc for legal immigration they might as well wait 10,000 yrs now as we have now rewarded illegal actions .

No room for them but to bad illegals have priority over those that abide by the law .

Old 08-10-2008, 05:26 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
I guess it depends Blacknight, if the patriots are going to make their own laws but if that happens to the citizens of this country and the gun is turned on them, they will be shooting back
Right now it is the maligned 'American patriots' who are the ones actually obeying the law.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:57 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
You may have been thrown off track because KevK posted with a voice of reason, which is a breath of fresh air.
Like a dull knife
Just ain't cutting
Just talking loud
Then saying nothing
Just saying nothing
Just saying nothing

Some things never change. At the very least you could pretend that you have something of substance to add. When you do, by all means feels free to address me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or