U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,175,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We are not going to put up with any terrorism in this country from conservatives, facist and reactionaries. We need to start a program before the elections to monitor these people and their organizations and to put them in jail at the first sign of trouble. In America you are entitled to your opinion, your prejudices and your view. You are not entitled to threaten and terrorize others or interfere in our lives. And it should not be tolerated.
Put them in jail at the first sign of trouble?? You mean before any laws are broken? That sounds an awful lot like censorship, threats and terrorism against legal, law-abiding citizens to me. Is that what you're advocating here, KevK?

Another small question I have is this... If I'm not allowed to "threaten and terrorize others or interfere in our lives" wouldn't it also be true that IA's and their simpering sympathizers not be allowed to do the same to me? Or are you one of those that thought what happened to the Minutemen at Columbia University was justified?

YouTube - O'Reilly Factor - Columbia University Minutemen Protest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
As much as you are on the computer, did an illegal take your job?
In light of the fact that they: Are NOT CITIZENS, barely speak the gutter form of spanish, CANNOT speak, read or write English, have multiple identities and have no regard for the rule of law, coupled with the fact that they breed and procreate every 9 months, when do they have time to leave their 40 to a 2 bedroom apartment long enough to work? They definitely don't qualify to do my job.

Why are you so concerned about what I do? If you are thinking of stealing my identity, or living via osmosis scratch that plan, you don't qualify to do that either.

Not that it's any of your business but:

I am a legal assistant of more than 20 years for a named partner at a very large top tier law firm in downtown Chicago. As a professional I have the privilege of working at my own pace and my value is based on billable hours. I also have the luxury of telecommuting. My boss? values me as an employee, his right hand, confidant and friend. Satisfied? If not too bad.

That being said:

Illegal aliens hide from attorneys, officers of the court and la migra. After reading your posts, it's obvious that you nor any of your illegal alien buddies qualify to have or do my job. Having a personality and people skills are also a must. I have yet to see that exhibited from any of you either.

The presence of an illiterate illegal alien breeder, DREAMY or anyone you know could ever present any form of intimidation or threat in terms of my employment. As a matter of fact my boss would LHAO if he read one word of the dribble you post. He detests illegal aliens as much as we do on this board.

NOW STOP HIJACKING THE THREAD AND STICKING YOUR NOSE INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S BUSINESS.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 08-10-2008 at 09:35 PM..

Old 08-11-2008, 09:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
When hopelessness and helplessness abound, violence is inevitable. If the millions of illegal aliens from Mexico did not have the US as a convenient safety valve, I submit there would be extraordinary despair which would ultimately be the impetus for widespread violence. US citizens have no safety valve. Herein lies the problem.

Illegal alien apologists justify lawlessness for those who out of sheer desperation -- seek “a better life” in the US. They have a litany of ‘excuses’ for IA’s resorting to identity theft, document fraud, and myriad other criminal means for obtaining employment or benefits. They argue that the violent criminals are the exception, and most IA’s are simply decent, hard-working people who are “forced” to violate our laws due to feelings of hopelessness and helplessness; and of course, our "unfair" immigration laws.

While pro-illegals vehemently defend the actions of IA’s, they are devoid of any semblance of compassion for US citizens whose lives have been ruined by illegal immigration. They fail to understand that legal citizens are also human -- with human needs, feelings, and reactions. They fail to acknowledge the feelings of hopelessness and helplessness felt by those who may have lost a job to an illegal alien. They fail to empathize with those whose wages have been drastically depressed, houses have been foreclosed, and children are in need.

The 'human' factors which lead to desperate actions by IA’s, are the same human factors leading to desperation in legal citizens -- and ultimately violence. While I do not condone violence, I can clearly appreciate the despair felt by legal citizens. I am also able to understand, yet condemn, the resultant acts of violence. If a man can no longer support his family, while he sees illegal aliens gainfully employed; understandably, it may eventually elicit such overwhelming feelings of despair, that in his fragile state, he feels compelled to exact revenge on the ‘source’ of his turmoil…….illegal aliens.

How can pro-illegals understand and justify the causal factors involved in illegal immigration, yet vilify a legal citizen who may “lose it” due to the deleterious effect of illegal immigration? How can pro-illegals show such unwavering compassion for illegal aliens, yet have none for their fellow American?

Pro-illegals frequently accuse anti-illegals of treating IA’s as subhuman. This is the pinnacle of hypocrisy. I can only surmise that their lack of compassion for legal citizens is directly related to the fact that they have relegated them to subhuman status -- undeserving of the compassion and understanding they so generously have for illegal aliens.

I would love to hear a rational explanation for this disparity. Perhaps a pro-illegal poster can enlighten us on the dynamics of their selective compassion.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:35 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,691,681 times
Benicar - what an exceptionally intelligent, discerning and rational post. Thought provoking and informed. I wish I could rep you but I've got to spread the joy.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:36 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When hopelessness and helplessness abound, violence is inevitable. If the millions of illegal aliens from Mexico did not have the US as a convenient safety valve, I submit there would be extraordinary despair which would ultimately be the impetus for widespread violence. US citizens have no safety valve. Herein lies the problem.

Illegal alien apologists justify lawlessness for those who out of sheer desperation -- seek “a better life” in the US. They have a litany of ‘excuses’ for IA’s resorting to identity theft, document fraud, and myriad other criminal means for obtaining employment or benefits. They argue that the violent criminals are the exception, and most IA’s are simply decent, hard-working people who are “forced” to violate our laws due to feelings of hopelessness and helplessness; and of course, our "unfair" immigration laws.

While pro-illegals vehemently defend the actions of IA’s, they are devoid of any semblance of compassion for US citizens whose lives have been ruined by illegal immigration. They fail to understand that legal citizens are also human -- with human needs, feelings, and reactions. They fail to acknowledge the feelings of hopelessness and helplessness felt by those who may have lost a job to an illegal alien. They fail to empathize with those whose wages have been drastically depressed, houses have been foreclosed, and children are in need.

The 'human' factors which lead to desperate actions by IA’s, are the same human factors leading to desperation in legal citizens -- and ultimately violence. While I do not condone violence, I can clearly appreciate the despair felt by legal citizens. I am also able to understand, yet condemn, the resultant acts of violence. If a man can no longer support his family, while he sees illegal aliens gainfully employed; understandably, it may eventually elicit such overwhelming feelings of despair, that in his fragile state, he feels compelled to exact revenge on the ‘source’ of his turmoil…….illegal aliens.

How can pro-illegals understand and justify the causal factors involved in illegal immigration, yet vilify a legal citizen who may “lose it” due to the deleterious effect of illegal immigration? How can pro-illegals show such unwavering compassion for illegal aliens, yet have none for their fellow American?

Pro-illegals frequently accuse anti-illegals of treating IA’s as subhuman. This is the pinnacle of hypocrisy. I can only surmise that their lack of compassion for legal citizens is directly related to the fact that they have relegated them to subhuman status -- undeserving of the compassion and understanding they so generously have for illegal aliens.

I would love to hear a rational explanation for this disparity. Perhaps a pro-illegal poster can enlighten us on the dynamics of their selective compassion.
That one sentence sums it up in a nutshell-----more than one revolution has been touched off by that exact scenario.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Benicar - what an exceptionally intelligent, discerning and rational post. Thought provoking and informed. I wish I could rep you but I've got to spread the joy.
Thanks!

Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,345,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
For everybody illegal to leave while they can still walk. I remember the civil rights movement, the climate of anger exhibited back then is manifesting itself today. This time? It's against illegal immigration.

The longer this goes on the angrier and more aggressive Americans will become. Believe it or not the time bomb is ticking . . . .

Where are you getting this? You are an extremist...the Average American is not thinking like you. The average American is worried about their next pay check...not fuming and cooking up ideas. You can't generalize your thinking across the nation....but you are doing it because you are seeking like minded people...and then falsely thinking that everyone is on the same boat. You are on an immigration forum...you are going to see liked minded people...they will cheer you on. Go talk to your average Joe on a subway in NYC...they are most likely going to tell you to get out of their face...

Old 08-11-2008, 10:43 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,175,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Where are you getting this? You are an extremist...the Average American is not thinking like you. The average American is worried about their next pay check...not fuming and cooking up ideas. You can't generalize your thinking across the nation....but you are doing it because you are seeking like minded people...and then falsely thinking that everyone is on the same boat. You are on an immigration forum...you are going to see liked minded people...they will cheer you on. Go talk to your average Joe on a subway in NYC...they are most likely going to tell you to get out of their face...
I talk to 'average Joe's' all the time, although not on a subway in NYC, and it would probably shock you to find out that a LARGE majority of them are just as fed up with illegal immigration as I am. I get complimented on my U.S. Border Patrol hat and asked if I work for them a LOT. Of course I get dirty looks from day laborers too, but those people just make me laugh.

Believe it, the anger is rising. And spreading. FINALLY.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is because people that have established lives here and stayed out of trouble and off the public dole should not uprooted and kicked out of the country. Some of these people came here as children and they know no other life. They deserve a chance to stay. But like I said, any amnesty must ensure that no more come. And all my relatives are legally here. Most of them were even born here.
Amnesty ALWAYS insures that MORE come in. That's a big part of the problem with it.

I'm glad your relatives are legal; mine came in the 1600's with the Dutch to NY, so legal/illegal wasn't an issue then. Now, it has to be an issue. We have to construct immigration (LEGAL only) to benefit the American people - no one else.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,345,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I talk to 'average Joe's' all the time, although not on a subway in NYC, and it would probably shock you to find out that a LARGE majority of them are just as fed up with illegal immigration as I am. I get complimented on my U.S. Border Patrol hat and asked if I work for them a LOT. Of course I get dirty looks from day laborers too, but those people just make me laugh.

Believe it, the anger is rising. And spreading. FINALLY.
And The average Joe is not willing to concoct some act of violence...Most Average America's don't even support the War in Iraq and you think they are willing to kill a neighbor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or