U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM

494 posts, read 647,332 times

Advertisements

Texas: Thousands of Mexican woman in the late stages of their pregnancies are entering the United States illegally in such boarder states as Texas and having their babies at the taxpayers expense.
In the short video linked below, CBS interviews one such mother, who says"she doesn't understand Americans' resentment," for picking up the tab and providing an anchor baby!

Link to video (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 11:28 AM

658 posts, read 613,345 times
Same in CA, but the RINO Arnold keeps charging the CA citizens for it. Looks like AZ is getting smart about, we'll see.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:35 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
No it cannot be. I always thought illegal aliens were good for our economy and the only thing keeping it "afloat"

Old 08-11-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
No it cannot be. I always thought illegal aliens were good for our economy and the only thing keeping it "afloat"
Yes, isn't diversity good? I thought our differences made us stronger? Shouldn't America share our wealth with other developing nations to get rid of our guilt? /sarcasm

Old 08-11-2008, 11:47 AM

375 posts, read 701,392 times
This is just wrong, flat out, and it doesn't make you racist or anti-immigrant to feel anger toward people who do this (what, you don't think non-brown people have come over here and done the same thing? If we were neighbors with Russia instead of Mexico, you think Ruskies would n't be doing exactly as Mexicans are doing?)

I have a relative who can't even get health insurance because he has a preexisting condition, he's too proud (or stupid) to apply for the benefits that he has a RIGHT to because he has worked and paid into the system, yet people like this woman have no problem just swimming across the boarder and sucking an already crippled public welfare system dry...Something has to give people, and I suspect if the gubment don't handle it some angry citizens are going to take matters into their own hands in a less than pleasant fashion.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
This is absolutely nauseating. I also had a C-Section, and I can attest to the fact that the $4,700 quoted for this birth does not include the additional costs associated with this procedure. She also came here 6-months pregnant, so I’m sure she also received “free” prenatal care for her ‘future’ US citizen.

When I had my son, there was also a requisite 5-day hospital recuperation period. After all, it’s major surgery. In addition, costs were incurred for my son’s overnight stay in the NICU, as well as “other” costs. My bill (thank God I had insurance) was in excess of $15,000. Of course, not being an illegal alien, I still had to pay a percentage. That was in 1992. I can only imagine what the total cost was for this birth today. The flagrant abuse and manipulation of the 14th Amendment must stop, along with the freebies associated with this appalling abuse.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The flagrant abuse and manipulation of the 14th Amendment must stop, along with the freebies associated with this appalling abuse.
Correct, and justified.

I would estimate that illegals in the border states using our health care system are responsible for half of our insurance premiums. I could be wrong, but the math is right about there.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Texas: Thousands of Mexican woman in the late stages of their pregnancies are entering the United States illegally in such boarder states as Texas and having their babies at the taxpayers expense.
In the short video linked below, CBS interviews one such mother, who says"she doesn't understand Americans' resentment," for picking up the tab and providing an anchor baby!
Sadly, Progressive . . . this TRAVESTY is happening all over the United States, definitely NOT just Texas.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,537 times
I'm sorry, but I'd like to slap that smug look off of that woman's face when she says "I don't understand the resentment". WHAT?!

The guy had just told her that we, the taxpayers, must pay for her child. And, we're supposed to find a way from God to accept this? Why? Why doesn't her own country ask God to let THEM take care of their own people?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:41 PM

494 posts, read 647,332 times
Default Illegals Having Anchor Babies Bankrupting Texas Hospitals

Corrected Link:

Corrected Link (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration