U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which choice best describes you?
latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 4 4.71%
latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 14 16.47%
NON-latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 9 10.59%
NON-latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 58 68.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:55 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Please pick one - this is an anonymous poll so feel free to answer honestly.

latino/hispanic, FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 3 5.88%

latino/hispanic, AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 9 17.65%

NON-latino/hispanic, FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 2 3.92%

NON-latino/hispanic, AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 37 72.55%

Voters: 51. You have already voted on this poll

Looked like an old, but interesting poll. ^^Above^^ is the count as of right now.

At this point, latino/hispanics are against illegal immigration/amnesty for illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 03:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
I don't think so. Here are two poll taken just last year.

LD Tracking Poll — Latino Voters Overwhelmingly Support DREAM Act Latino Decisions

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...sion-poll.html

Old 08-26-2011, 06:34 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Please pick one - this is an anonymous poll so feel free to answer honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The poll I recovered is this forum only.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:07 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,447,336 times
How much does ethnicity matter when you are applying for a job, in a supervisory position, when flat out, a company states that minorities are promoted? How much does ethnicity matter when applying for college, and minorities get priority? How much does ethnicity matter when points are added to scores of people who are of color?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:18 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,999,384 times
I'm against illegal aliens being here 100%. As such, I think if it was flipped and the Canadians were the ones mostly coming into the U.S. illegally than Latin Americans most Americans wouldn't care. The threads for this category in City Data, Illegal Immigration, would be less than 10% of whats here now.

-Cheers.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I'm against illegal aliens being here 100%. As such, I think if it was flipped and the Canadians were the ones mostly coming into the U.S. illegally than Latin Americans most Americans wouldn't care. The threads for this category in City Data, Illegal Immigration, would be less than 10% of whats here now.

-Cheers.
If there were over 30 million Canadians living here and working for dirt pay but living off Medicaid programs, having babies here because they were too uneducated and unskilled to support them back in Canada, there would be complaints. I believe more because liberals wouldn't have all that pity for Canadians and for some reason there is a lot of pity for just certain types.

Remember - not all Mexicans are coming here illegally. Not all Mexicans are dirt cheap servants, not all Mexicans start having babies at very early ages that they can never afford. It's more about a subset of that country that that country doesn't want to keep either.

Keep in mind that Mexico and other Central American nations also don't want the illegals, the last thing they want if for them to return.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:08 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
I have very close relatives (and distant ones) who worked their butts off to get here legally and have been working their butts off without a government dime to earn their keep. And I HATE illegal aliens.

Btw, the latino thing...when I lived in a border town (where I really learned to hate illegal aliens and their scamtastic ways), it turned out the local legal hispanics hated them more than anyone. So I don't think this is a reasonable poll.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:10 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
How much does ethnicity matter when you are applying for a job, in a supervisory position, when flat out, a company states that minorities are promoted? How much does ethnicity matter when applying for college, and minorities get priority? How much does ethnicity matter when points are added to scores of people who are of color?
Big point here - ONLY CERTAIN people of color. Asians get all the fun of racism and none of the affirmative action goodies. Not that they should...no one should. AA is archaic and its time is done.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:04 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post

-Cheers.
You couldn't be more wrong. It still wouldn't matter as they also would be taking jobs and resources they have no right to and violated our immigration laws. Put the race card back in your wallet.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:53 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. It still wouldn't matter as they also would be taking jobs and resources they have no right to and violated our immigration laws. Put the race card back in your wallet.
So why do people complain about having to press 1 for english as if it were the worst human rights violation ever?

Can you imagine the whiners? "I had to hear 'aboot' and smell that poutine, those invaders, WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Yeah. Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or