U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which choice best describes you?
latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 4 4.71%
latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 14 16.47%
NON-latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 9 10.59%
NON-latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 58 68.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:18 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Like which rights don't we get in Mexico that they get here?
Food stamps, WIC, completely free health care. Americans cannot just waltz into Mexico and start plopping out babies and expect a life of welfare handouts -- go ask rhymetime, a third of illegals (a good portion of the almost 1/2 of illegals that are female) live off government handouts.

We also don't have the right to attend their tuitionless universities, vote in thir elections, drive around without licenses. Take any job we please. Much much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,596 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Food stamps, WIC, completely free health care. Americans cannot just waltz into Mexico and start plopping out babies and expect a life of welfare handouts -- go ask rhymetime, a third of illegals (a good portion of the almost 1/2 of illegals that are female) live off government handouts.
Well yes Mexican citizens actually do have the right to those things just like American citizens here. The bolded is of course exaggerated. 1/3 use some sort of welfare. This includes things as minor as reduced school lunches and doesn't mean they are "living off welfare".

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute
We also don't have the right to attend their tuitionless universities, vote in thir elections, drive around without licenses. Take any job we please. Much much more.
So they just march in here and take any job they please huh? If you want to be taken serious quit making **** up every single post eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Well yes Mexican citizens actually do have the right to those things just like American citizens here. The bolded is of course exaggerated. 1/3 use some sort of welfare. This includes things as minor as reduced school lunches and doesn't mean they are "living off welfare".



So they just march in here and take any job they please huh? If you want to be taken serious quit making **** up every single post eh?
The question was what rights do I have in Mexico -- and I do not have the right to waltz into Mexico and take any job I please. Not even those jobs I'm qualified to do that most Mexicans are not. I'm not even allowed to take an unlskilled job.

Thee are ways to work in Mexico but they have many restrictions on foreigners. But yes - I am definitely more qualified for a number of jobs than are 90% (or more) of the Mexican people but I'm not allowed to take any of those jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So they just march in here and take any job they please huh? If you want to be taken serious quit making **** up every single post eh?
Okay okay, some didn't "march", they crawled through sewers or climbed over fences or rode in packed in unventilated semi-trailers or train box cars, I just wanted to give them a hint of dignity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:30 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,596 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Okay okay, some didn't "march", they crawled through sewers or climbed over fences or rode in packed in unventilated semi-trailers or train box cars, I just wanted to give them a hint of dignity.

LOL. You continue with the ripping on them and didn't get my point. They don't "take any job they please". They take jobs they qualify for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:32 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
LOL. You continue with the ripping on them and didn't get my point. They don't "take any job they please". They take jobs they qualify for.
And I'm qualified for certain jobs most Mexican people are not qualified to do but again -- I am not allowed to go over there and just take one of those jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:33 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And I'm qualified for certain jobs most Mexican people are not qualified to do but again -- I am not allowed to go over there and just take one of those jobs.
Actually you pretty much are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:37 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Actually you pretty much are.
Actually no. There are work visas, but you have to go through the legal process. They expect you to abide by their laws. Same with Spain and it could be quite hard to be given permanent legal residency there. Same for most countries.

So when are you going to demand that all these other countries put an end to all their immigration laws and take down their borders? Start with Mexico. Make it easier for all Americans to buy up land there -- and not just the rich Americans, how about ANY American be allowed to buy up property in Mexico and vote in Mexico's elections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually no. There are work visas, but you have to go through the legal process. They expect you to abide by their laws. Same with Spain and it could be quite hard to be given permanent legal residency there. Same for most countries.

So when are you going to demand that all these other countries put an end to all their immigration laws and take down their borders? Start with Mexico. Make it easier for all Americans to buy up land there -- and not just the rich Americans, how about ANY American be allowed to buy up property in Mexico and vote in Mexico's elections?
Um, it's EXTREMELY EASY to go through their legal process. That's the point. I could waltz over there right now, having no real interest in loving Mexico or anything, with the intent of exploiting Mexican laborers, and be given documentation to do so almost immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 01:56 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Um, it's EXTREMELY EASY to go through their legal process. That's the point. I could waltz over there right now, having no real interest in loving Mexico or anything, with the intent of exploiting Mexican laborers, and be given documentation to do so almost immediately.
No it is not extremely easy. Check it out.

Oh - and try Spain. I know a number of college educated types who wanted to live and work in Spain. And they were very limited in what they could do.

You are dead wrong about Mexico being very easy to get a work visa in which to work there -- very very wrong. Mexico does make it easy for American retirees with money to come there and live or stay a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top