U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which choice best describes you?
latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 4 4.71%
latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 14 16.47%
NON-latino/hispanic, and FOR illegal immigrants/amnesty 9 10.59%
NON-latino/hispanic, and AGAINST illegal immigration/amnesty 58 68.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 01:58 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times

Advertisements

Show your work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 02:07 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
In fact if Americans had all the rights of Mexican citizens in Mexico, we could repeat what happened in Texas. We could take over Cancun for example. Americans going there, buying up nice resort land and expanding the territory of Americans piece by piece.......heck - we could even convince the Mexicans living there that they'd be better off shivering in Chicago in the winter while we take over all that wonderful climate area.

No -- Mexico won't give us our rights. It won't let us go buy up the land, even if we have more money than the citizens of Mexico have to buy it. Life just isn't fair.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In fact if Americans had all the rights of Mexican citizens in Mexico, we could repeat what happened in Texas. We could take over Cancun for example. Americans going there, buying up nice resort land and expanding the territory of Americans piece by piece.......heck - we could even convince the Mexicans living there that they'd be better off shivering in Chicago in the winter while we take over all that wonderful climate area.

No -- Mexico won't give us our rights. It won't let us go buy up the land, even if we have more money than the citizens of Mexico have to buy it. Life just isn't fair.
Produce Mexican visa laws for us so we can have a gander.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:11 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Actually you pretty much are.

Could you please supply a link for this. I'm considering buying property in Mexico and I'd like to see what your sources are.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Produce Mexican visa laws for us so we can have a gander.
Work visa and import questions for US citizen moving to Mexico (very long post) - MEXonline.com Mexico Forums (http://forums.mexonline.com/showthread.php?t=998 - broken link)

And then go down to RVGRINGO's post.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:18 PM

MEXICO VISAS FM3, FM2 AND FMM INFORMATION

Mexico Immigration Guide visas, work, FMM, FM2, FM3, FMM

and one of the best sources to date on Mexico's revised immigration laws and what they mean:

Mexico Announces Immigration Changes | Mexico Living | Mexico Blogs

Old 08-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Could you please supply a link for this. I'm considering buying property in Mexico and I'd like to see what your sources are.

Thanks in advance.
Land in Mexico. A tourist visa will be in your hands for 3 months off the bat. Then be earning $1k/month. You can get residency just like that. Not sure on the laws re: purchases of land specifically.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:24 PM

951 posts, read 616,793 times
My landlord in college owned a place in Cancun. He rented it out during spring break to all of the college kids he rented to. I don't know the details but he wasn't in Mexico much during the year.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I do believe you were touting the ease at which foreigners are welcomed by the Mexican government. So, I presented an example to illustrate just how welcoming they are.. . . Not! Is that a tangent, or an irrefutable truth?
malamute said "I couldn't just waltz into Mexico and ________________" (note that this was not about public schooling). Then I was like "false." And you were like "schools!" and generally degraded the discussion, as per usual.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:26 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Land in Mexico. A tourist visa will be in your hands for 3 months off the bat. Then be earning $1k/month. You can get residency just like that. Not sure on the laws re: purchases of land specifically.
Unless they recently changed their laws, it is my understanding, only Mexican citizens are permitted to own land in Mexico. Please provide a link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or